cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First sale, item is delivered today but no feedback yet

The item I sold for the first time has been delivered today but I haven't got any feedback from the buyer.

How long should I wait until I should ask for a feedback?

When I cliked the buyer's username I saw other feedbacks from sellers. 

Should I leave a feedback first to get the buyer's feedback?

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: First sale, item is delivered today but no feedback yet

thread title got an internal laugh from me. 

i get less than 50 percent feedback. i’ve asked for it once before, in a very careful way. resulted in positive feedback. but i’ve never repeated that because not hearing anything more from the buyer after they give me their money is an alright sale in my book. 

i sell in a field i love and am happy getting cameras out of attics and into the hands of photographers. i wish i could hear if they enjoy the camera or not. but that’s expecting a bit much and the feedback i do get says stuff like “fast shipping, a++++!!!” so whatever. 

Message 16 of 55
latest reply

The item I sold for the first time has been delivered today but I haven't got any feedback from the buyer.

Should I leave a feedback first to get the buyer's feedback? wholesaleheadware - op - unquote --

I can understand with you being a first time seller wanting to see feedback on something you sold . However please be patient . Some buyers take a awhile to leave feedback , and some don't leave it at all . If I were you I would not ask for feedback . Although some buyers don't mind ,,  there are some that it bothers  alot . They feel pressured and you don't want to do that . I would  suggest that you  keep on selling  the best you can  and be patient .The feedback will happen eventually . Tulips 

Message 17 of 55
latest reply

I leave FB for buyers immediately.  I know it doesn't mean much, but buyers seem to like it, it costs me nothing, and I have never had a problem as a result of doing so.

I would NOT EVER ask for feedback.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 18 of 55
latest reply

I agree with leaving feedback right away. The worst to me are the sellers who contact me to leave feedback (often the same day the item is delivered) and they haven't left feedback for me.

Buyer feedback arguments cannot go both ways. Either buyer feedback is useless and sellers can leave at will OR it is meaningful and therefore sellers should wait to leave it until the buyer does. It can't be both things.

Finally, buyer feedback means a lot to many BUYERS. Most of them always got positives so they don't see anything different in their feedback. The fact that SELLERS think it is useless because it can no longer be used for punishment or "warning other sellers" is irrelevent to their experience. It is free marketing as far as i'm concerned. Buyers like it, I give it. I'm all about making buyers happy.

Message 19 of 55
latest reply

You received 2 feedbacks yesterday from the same buyer, is that the same buyer you're talking about here ?

@uswholesalecap

Message 20 of 55
latest reply

It was just delivered today and you are wondering about their feedback?

Feedback is voluntary; they may post it in batches, or never post it at all.

They may not be entirely happy but don't want to drop a neg on you.

Never ask for feedback.  You might get that kind that you won't like.

Never poke the sleeping bear!

Message 21 of 55
latest reply

I am a buyer and I am very intentional about leaving feedback.  If I don't leave it, there is a good reason I did not, and it is to the seller's advantage.

But still messages asking for feedback come, pointing out that I left you positive feedback, please do the same.  So I respond, When I don't leave feedback, I have  a good reason.  I save negative feedback for truly egregious behavior.  I did not leave feedback for you because I did not think you would want your future potential buyers to know that you sent a rare, fragile, vintage porcelain figurine in a ply mailer plastic envelope/bag.  

Or that your item had significant, undisclosed damage, and then I list it.

Apologies.  So you see no feedback may not be a bad thing, it may simply be the buyer being kind and not damaging your feedback.  The issues were not enough, in their opinion, to document through feedback, and they let it go.

Message 22 of 55
latest reply

you got paid, they got the item....count that as successful and be happy

feedback..you leave it as you wish, they will do the same.... BUT no one has to, and some do quickly , some not....

feedback doesn't have to come from a buyer quickly..they often use the item...and then resond...some wait till ebay send a reminder, so never do it..... just leave what you want...seller can only leave positive, so think of it as a thank you and cash the check.....

Message 23 of 55
latest reply

@uswholesalecapwrote:

The first rule of feedback is ... you never ask for feedback.

Some sellers leave feedback immediately. Some sellers wait until buyers leave feedback. Some sellers never leave feedback.

Feedback is voluntary.

Opinion: It’s way past time to do away with the entire feedback and DSR rating system, and look at some sort of “successful transactions” system.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 24 of 55
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never ask a customer for feedback, this greatly annoys some people and they might leave neutral or negative, please accept as solution.
Message 25 of 55
latest reply

Try to be patient when it comes to feed back.   If you put pressure on someone to leave feed back they wont do it just to aggravate you.   Best regards

Message 26 of 55
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:
Never ask a customer for feedback, this greatly annoys some people and they might leave neutral or negative, please accept as solution.

With all due respect, I don't know if you actually read this thread, or if you are familiar with the Boards in general, but there are two pages of responses before yours that say the exact same thing; and it is usually the first response that is chosen as the solution, OR the most detailed one that says basically the same thing.

Message 27 of 55
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
With all due respect, as far as I know, I have not broken any rules, but thank you for pointing out this fact, you are most kind.
Message 28 of 55
latest reply

@uswholesalecapwrote:

Should I leave a feedback first to get the buyer's feedback?

Thank you. 

Congratulations on your first sale.

Well, your feedback profile page shows that you have 2 feedback as a seller in the past month, with 3 sales; that's 2 out of three. Your feedback hasn't caught up with your listing name total?

wholesaleheadware ( 1 )

It's like love; you should give it freely, but expect nothing in return.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 29 of 55
latest reply

Did you use headware on purpose or did you mean headwear(in your ID)?

Message 30 of 55
latest reply