cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Negative Feedback Has Me Confused

I sold a pewter HD figure in early October to a customer, using the Global Shipping program to get it to him in the Netherlands. It was delivered about 10 days later. I never heard from him; no feedback, nothing. But the tracking assured me he got it. 

Today...Dec. 11, he left me negative feedback. He said "Not ass per expectation from the pictures" (sic).
Now, I realize there may be a language communication issue, but the pictures I provided in the listing were extremelly clear and detailed, and very large so they could be blown up to see every bit of it. So unless the wrong item was shipped by mistake, I'm clueless as to what went wrong. 
I have emailed him asking what he meant, and said I'm not clear what the problem is. I'm hoping he will change the feedback, as it has taken me from 100% to 97.5%, and for no discernable reason!
If he isn't willing to change it, is there a chance eBay will remove it, considering it's been almost two months since he received the item? I know some say feedback isn't important, but I've been very proud of my reputation as a seller, and this hurts.
Suggestions?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: First Negative Feedback Has Me Confused

The buyer might not have noticed it when it was purchased because it was listed as new, mint in box. Smiley Indifferent

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

The description wasn't the problem. He responded to me today. He says he broke it...the tail light came off and the handlebar broke when he tried to bend it.

He didn't think it should have broken. 

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

Also, I responded to him offering a refund, and asked if he would please reconsider the feedback since I had no way of resolving his issue if he didn't communicate with me. 

Still waiting for his response. 

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

The seat has not been glued. It is solder. If you look up the same item sold from other sellers you will see the same amber color in varying degrees of quantity. Whether it was an after-manufacture fix from the company, or intentional, I have no idea. But that is original to the bike.

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

The seat has not been glued. It is solder. If you look up the same item sold from other sellers you will see the same amber color in varying degrees of quantity. Whether it was an after-manufacture fix from the company, or intentional, I have no idea. But that is original to the bike.

Message 20 of 40
latest reply

"He responded to me today. He says he broke it...the tail light came off and the handlebar broke when he tried to bend it."

So he's playing with it, maybe trying to bend the handlebars into a chopper style "ape hangers", and he admits to breaking it by rough handling, and you get the blame! 

Sounds like the person that ran into my car and tried to blame me! (they got a ticket and their insurance paid me 100%) 

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with someone who doesn't grasp the concept of personal responsibility.

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

@guybemis wrote:

@redfrckle wrote:

I sold a pewter HD figure in early October to a customer, using the Global Shipping program to get it to him in the Netherlands. It was delivered about 10 days later. I never heard from him; no feedback, nothing. But the tracking assured me he got it. 

Today...Dec. 11, he left me negative feedback. He said "Not ass per expectation from the pictures" (sic).
Now, I realize there may be a language communication issue, but the pictures I provided in the listing were extremelly clear and detailed, and very large so they could be blown up to see every bit of it. So unless the wrong item was shipped by mistake, I'm clueless as to what went wrong. 
I have emailed him asking what he meant, and said I'm not clear what the problem is. I'm hoping he will change the feedback, as it has taken me from 100% to 97.5%, and for no discernable reason!
If he isn't willing to change it, is there a chance eBay will remove it, considering it's been almost two months since he received the item? I know some say feedback isn't important, but I've been very proud of my reputation as a seller, and this hurts.
Suggestions?

Send the buyer a request to revise the feedback. You might want to refund the buyer first. But that is up to you, depending on how bad you want to get the feedback revised.

Refunding the buyer, if that is what the OP wants to do, should come first, and after all is resolved, the OP can message the buyer to explain and ask if the buyer would be so kind as to revise the feedback as it would mean so much to him.  If the buyer says he would, then the OP would send the feedback revision request to him, since you are limited as to how many you can get and wouldn't want to waste one.  

Buyers don't look favorably on feedback revision requests before their issues are resolved, and without being asked.

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

@guybemis wrote:

@18704d wrote:

Maybe it wasn't the language difference?

just guessing...

Maybe it was the lack of a good description?

Nothing about size, height? width?

Maybe the pictures made him think it was far larger than it actually was?

?

Lynn

Yeah, good point. It's amazing how many sellers don't mention anything about the dimensions of the item. You should always place a ruler showing inches and centimeters in all your pictures. If you don't have a metric ruler, there are a lot of them being sold on eBay for as little as 74 cents with free shipping. It could save you a lot more money then that.

You're right.  It's a big pet peeve of buyers~no measurements, and many don't even ask for that info anymore.  They just move on.  Putting the measurements in the description, in addition to the pictures, is good because most sellers who do list measurements put them in their descriptions.

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

@redfrckle wrote:

Also, I responded to him offering a refund, and asked if he would please reconsider the feedback since I had no way of resolving his issue if he didn't communicate with me. 

Still waiting for his response. 

That sounds like you won't resolve anything until he reconsiders the feedback.

I know that was not your intention.  I'm not sure why you are offering a refund instead of just refunding, if that is what you want to do.  Buyer may be wondering the same thing.

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

I don't think the buyer was using a banned word (even though it really isn't).  I think he just meant not AS expected (expectation).  This is a foreign buyer and he may have made a mistake.

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

It's very hard to judge an item without any measurements or other pertinent info.

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

You have nothing in the listing or the pictures that indicate how big this is...nothing.
Message 27 of 40
latest reply

well the miss spelling etc. people read feed backs,if i saw that as a buyer it wouldn't deter me from buying from you,now if your not able to get removed i would leave a follow up like this "item exactly as described"
nothing more nothing less,that's really your only push back that doesn't look unprofessional.
Message 28 of 40
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@guybemis wrote:

@18704d wrote:

Maybe it wasn't the language difference?

just guessing...

Maybe it was the lack of a good description?

Nothing about size, height? width?

Maybe the pictures made him think it was far larger than it actually was?

?

Lynn

Yeah, good point. It's amazing how many sellers don't mention anything about the dimensions of the item. You should always place a ruler showing inches and centimeters in all your pictures. If you don't have a metric ruler, there are a lot of them being sold on eBay for as little as 74 cents with free shipping. It could save you a lot more money then that.

You're right.  It's a big pet peeve of buyers~no measurements, and many don't even ask for that info anymore.  They just move on.  Putting the measurements in the description, in addition to the pictures, is good because most sellers who do list measurements put them in their descriptions.

I learned my lesson on that years ago when I bought a car compass from China. From the pictures it appeared to me to be about 3 or 4 inches in diameter. Which would have been typical of the ones I seen in stores. When I received it it a was a minuscule 3/4 of an inch. LOL. It was totally worthless, but I only paid a dollar for it, so I just let it go.

Now when a listing doesn't give me the dimensions, I usually go to the manufacturer's website and look for the specs. If I can't find the info there or on Amazon, I message the seller and ask if they would mind measuring it for me.

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

@redfrckle wrote:

The other item like it is listed as Condition: Used “Excellent”.

You listed yours as Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items).

"Used, excellent" is a bit different then "brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged". I think you should have at least listed it as New Other. That would have allowed for the defect.

Message 30 of 40
latest reply