cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Negative Feedback Has Me Confused

I sold a pewter HD figure in early October to a customer, using the Global Shipping program to get it to him in the Netherlands. It was delivered about 10 days later. I never heard from him; no feedback, nothing. But the tracking assured me he got it. 

Today...Dec. 11, he left me negative feedback. He said "Not ass per expectation from the pictures" (sic).
Now, I realize there may be a language communication issue, but the pictures I provided in the listing were extremelly clear and detailed, and very large so they could be blown up to see every bit of it. So unless the wrong item was shipped by mistake, I'm clueless as to what went wrong. 
I have emailed him asking what he meant, and said I'm not clear what the problem is. I'm hoping he will change the feedback, as it has taken me from 100% to 97.5%, and for no discernable reason!
If he isn't willing to change it, is there a chance eBay will remove it, considering it's been almost two months since he received the item? I know some say feedback isn't important, but I've been very proud of my reputation as a seller, and this hurts.
Suggestions?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

As long as it is left within a certain time frame that buyer is able to leave it, then he is allowed.

Ebay will tell you it is his opinion.

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Maybe it wasn't the language difference?

just guessing...

Maybe it was the lack of a good description?

Nothing about size, height? width?

Maybe the pictures made him think it was far larger than it actually was?

?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

Lynn made a really valid point. It might not actually have been the images were the problem. I had someone contact a few years ago and talk to me about measurements with my items. Probably thought it was much larger than it was and was very disappointed it wasn't as large as the images may have suggested.

Leave a caring response to the feedback. Some other sellers can help you with the verbiage that will help negate the feedback left. I stink at writing myself.

Cheers
Message 4 of 40
latest reply

There is a swear word in there.  Call eBay, and ask them to remove it since i believe that word is not allowed.

Change the channel!
Message 5 of 40
latest reply

@redfrckle wrote:

I sold a pewter HD figure in early October to a customer, using the Global Shipping program to get it to him in the Netherlands. It was delivered about 10 days later. I never heard from him; no feedback, nothing. But the tracking assured me he got it. 

Today...Dec. 11, he left me negative feedback. He said "Not ass per expectation from the pictures" (sic).
Now, I realize there may be a language communication issue, but the pictures I provided in the listing were extremelly clear and detailed, and very large so they could be blown up to see every bit of it. So unless the wrong item was shipped by mistake, I'm clueless as to what went wrong. 
I have emailed him asking what he meant, and said I'm not clear what the problem is. I'm hoping he will change the feedback, as it has taken me from 100% to 97.5%, and for no discernable reason!
If he isn't willing to change it, is there a chance eBay will remove it, considering it's been almost two months since he received the item? I know some say feedback isn't important, but I've been very proud of my reputation as a seller, and this hurts.
Suggestions?

Send the buyer a request to revise the feedback. You might want to refund the buyer first. But that is up to you, depending on how bad you want to get the feedback revised.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

It's probably a typo, but I think you are correct. To me, the way it is written does leave room for suggesting that it be removed based on the not allowed word.
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 7 of 40
latest reply

There are no measurements in the listing.

No height depth width weight.

Not in centimetres (which a European collector would understand) or inches (which he could google).

I'd suggest that you use the neg as a learning experience and add measurements to all your listings not just the clothing ones.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

Maybe it wasn't the language difference?

just guessing...

Maybe it was the lack of a good description?

Nothing about size, height? width?

Maybe the pictures made him think it was far larger than it actually was?

?

Lynn

Yeah, good point. It's amazing how many sellers don't mention anything about the dimensions of the item. You should always place a ruler showing inches and centimeters in all your pictures. If you don't have a metric ruler, there are a lot of them being sold on eBay for as little as 74 cents with free shipping. It could save you a lot more money then that.

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

I would find out what the exact problem is before attempting to do anything else. You have wrote the buyer now you can only wait in hopes to get a response(and you might not). Don`t badger your buyer.

If you send a feedback revision without working it out with your buyer prior and they decline the revision I am pretty certain you can`t send another revision request.

From what I see, there is no grounds for feedback removal. Ebay has determined that the word "ass" is hip and cool so I wouldn`t bother calling ebay as some have suggested. Here is a link to policy:  https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/policies/feedback-removal.html 

There are a few things you can do to help avoid these problems. You listed this item as "new" yet the item was (at minimum) opened up for photos. If so....say that in the description. If you don`t know....then it`s not new. Write more than one line for a description and include things like measurements, origin, date of manufacture etc.

Good luck to you!

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 10 of 40
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

There are no measurements in the listing.

No height depth width weight.

Not in centimetres (which a European collector would understand) or inches (which he could google).

I'd suggest that you use the neg as a learning experience and add measurements to all your listings not just the clothing ones.

A buyer that throws money at stuff that they have no idea what it is, is going to leave drive-by feedback anyway.

Sizing information will only help move an item faster, not protect you from noobs.

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

The word used in the feedback is not considered to be a swear word by eBay. It isn't even bleeped when it is used here in the forum. There were several threads discussing this word after eBay used it on the front page in a "kick-ass" promotion a while back. eBay blues confirmed it was not a prohibited word.

Not ass per expectation from the pictures

If it was, the buyer would not have been able to post the feedback at all. The filters would have prevented it from posting.

Even if eBay removed it because of the word, they would only remove the comment, not the negative feedback sign, which would look worse on the feedback page, IMO.

I would post a professional, calm reply, stating that you would be glad to make the situation right. That will make you look like an even better seller.

Then, contact the buyer and repeat the offer to make things right. They may agree to revise it.

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

I posted a bad link...try this one:  https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/seller-performance-def...

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 13 of 40
latest reply

The seat has been glued back on and you didn't mention it in the description.

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

The seat has been glued back on and you didn't mention it in the description.

Wow.  Good catch.  I had to zoom in on the photos to see what you meant.  

Message 15 of 40
latest reply