cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final value fee same even if you have store - for books ONLY?

Hey all,

Just looked into getting a store - seems like the FVF is going to be 14.55% for me  no matter whether or not I have a store - since I mainly sell books, movies and games. I find this a bit odd and was hoping to save by getting a basic or even starter store- but looks like the fees are exactly the same - but ONLY for books, movies and music?  Can someone with more knowledge explain to me why this is? Seems like Ebay has it out for book sellers on here or something. What the heck is the point of spending money for a store IF I'm not SAVING money in the long run?

Thanks - CB

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

"the fees are exactly the same - but ONLY for books, movies and music?  Can someone with more knowledge explain to me why this is?"

Because they can.  Also I wonder if it's because they don't make as much off of the FVF on shipping for items that go via Media Mail.

"What the heck is the point of spending money for a store IF I'm not SAVING money in the long run?"

There are other store benefits such as more free insertions, organizing your Store into categories, etc. Might not be worth it, every seller has to figure out the cost-effectiveness of a store based on their own merchandise and situation.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Don't forget the low quality shipping supplies we are being forced to pay for through our store subscriptions 😉

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I downgraded my Store when all those thousands of promotional Free Listings came in.

The categories are less useful with the new format of Stores. It's pretty, but my SF books are now mixed with my sewing patterns and there is no obvious way to show the categories. (There is a way, but it is not obvious).

The coupons for branded shipping supplies are nice.

"Vacation" mode is now available to all.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Don't forget the low quality shipping supplies we are being forced to pay for through our store subscriptions 😉

Been using them since they started with the program........never a problem...........

Message 5 of 5
latest reply