cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final fee value

Did eBay change there final fee values? I’m on the basic store plan so my video game consoles final fee was around 6 something percent after the managed payments. Today I noticed they was taking 12 percent out. Is it a error on there part or did they update the percent amount? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Final fee value

Essentially, with Managed Payments, you are paying the combined Final Value fee plus the processing fee that used to go to PayPal and now goes to eBay.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

There's a funky glitch happening today that I've heard reported from Basic and Premium stores. The transactions are being charged 12.55%. I have a Basic subscription, and in my case, 12.5% was charged when my rate should be 11.7%.... mine was

Clothing, Shoes & Accessories category.

I do know that brian@ebay is aware of the problem. I don't know the solution yet, though. Empathizing...

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@binghams_tradingpost 

Afterthought... yours should be 6.55%, if I'm not mistaken. I've heard of several categories being affected.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

We are experiencing the same issues today. I hope this gets sorted out soon!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yes, appears to be a glitch. I have a Basic Store but was charged the higher Starter Store FVF today. I believe ebay is aware of this. I haven't contacted ebay myself, but will if this isn't corrected within a few days. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Yep, eBay dinged me 12.55% in Video Game Consoles:

Final Value Fee
-$16.26
Variable percentage Video Games & Consoles category
Rate for $0.00 - $7,500.00
12.55%

(Plus an additional $0.30)

Basic Store here..... eBay owes me cash.  How will they give it back?  Really now, how much more has been taken?

I would like to add that eBay should drop the $0.10 charge for scheduling listings.  I'm getting sick of having to re-edit sales pages and auctions using the bulk editor at a time of night to avoid paying like $5.00 a day and such.  I'd rather just hit the sack (for $21.99/month) and let them list for free like the starter stores.  lol.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Just realized that all our sales (2 early morning hours and 3 this afternoon) were all charged the wrong FVFs as well.  Would not have looked without this post - so thank you!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@shado-x

Basic Store here..... eBay owes me cash.  How will they give it back?  Really now, how much more has been taken?

^^^ 1) Yes, they do owe us. 2) It hasn't been announced yet how we'll all be credited. 3) The only way to know is check each transaction. Mine glitched today, but I've seen some posters say last night, too.

I would like to add that eBay should drop the $0.10 charge for scheduling listings.  I'm getting sick of having to re-edit sales pages and auctions using the bulk editor at a time of night to avoid paying like $5.00 a day and such.

^^^ Off-topic, but I've got to ask... why do you use scheduled listings? I've never seen a benefit... so as a daily duty, I just End all those 'Ending today' and Relist, making changes, if necessary. How is your way better?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

My last three sales are back to normal on final fee value, but most of today and late yesterday are all at 12.55 I did contact eBay earlier and the guy had to send a report on every order number that was messed up. He said I should be getting a refund in 24 to 72 hours. I think everything is back to normal now, just gotta wait on the refund for the listings that got charged more 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@binghams_tradingpost 

Thank you for checking back in with the good news/bad news. A refund will come if we contact eBay. Love it, but hate it.

Afterthought... maybe I can send my order numbers through facebook. That's better than calling, anyway...

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Same here. I was charged 12.55 % final value fee for computer/networking category. I  have the basic store subscription too.  If anyone have info on when this will be fixed. Please keep us posted.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

See here

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/STORE-OWNERS-BEING-CHARGED-INCORRECT-FINAL-VALUE-FEES/td-p/31...

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

^^^ Off-topic, but I've got to ask... why do you use scheduled listings? I've never seen a benefit... so as a daily duty, I just End all those 'Ending today' and Relist, making changes, if necessary. How is your way better?

Less use of the computer with more listings is better cash flow.  Why take that away with a $0.10 charge when we pay $21.99/mo?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply