cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees!!!

I have recently started ebay. Is anyone else concerned on how much ebay is gouging with fees?? I feel like I'm not really making any money! Just paying ebay!

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fees!!!

From what I saw....anytime your shipping costs exceed the sale price, the fees increase disproportionately with the total sale price....A 5.00 item with 9.00 shipping fee creates a higher % FVF (almost 36% in relation to the item selling price)

You need more ratios like the B&L Sunglasses (200.00 w/5.00 shipping) which equates to under 13% FVF in relation to selling price.....

so, try to "bundle" items (a lot of 3 items) to create higher item prices in relation to shipping costs..

OH...there is no "gouging" going on...all the fees are clearly advertised

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Fees!!!

The fees here not any more than anywhere else.

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

@tomyrs_5 wrote:

Is anyone else concerned on how much ebay is gouging with fees?

I am not concerned by the fees because I have read the fee schedule and know exactly what they will be.

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

Many items are just not profitable, especially those that sell at low prices and heavier items for which the shipping cost is high in relation to the selling price.  

eBay's final value fee is based on the buyer's total payment including shipping, handling and sales tax if any. So if you sell an item for $2 plus $5 shipping, you are paying a final value fee on $7.  If you sell an item for $20 plus $20 shipping, you pay the FVF on $40.

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

There are very few places that charge less than the 20% EBay charges.  If you can do better elsewhere good luck.

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

Well you can’t make money from random stuff you found through out your house. So many stuff of yours have sold for less than $10. 

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

My concern is you that you "started selling on ebay", yet had no clue before you listed, or bought to sell items, what the 'fees' were going to be. 

You knew there was a cost to sell here, correct? 

Why did you not find out HOW MUCH those fees were, before you started? 

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

I will take the Ebay fees over what I have to pay Etsy.  

Etsy fees

Surcharge for shipping

CC charges

listing charges

selling charges

mandatory fee for ads.

Shipping 1.00 higher than ebay

and a new fee hike.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

No.

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

Yes, I did know there were fees! I don't feel like when I ask a question, I should be attacked!!!

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

If you think eBay fees are bad, just wait until you discover that you have to give a minimum of 25% of your net profit to the Federal government.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

Yes 20% if you include the actual total. Don't forget you get charged shipping and state tax above the 12.9%. It is the total sale which comes out to around 20%, don't mislead people, tell the truth.

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

Fees!!!

From what I saw....anytime your shipping costs exceed the sale price, the fees increase disproportionately with the total sale price....A 5.00 item with 9.00 shipping fee creates a higher % FVF (almost 36% in relation to the item selling price)

You need more ratios like the B&L Sunglasses (200.00 w/5.00 shipping) which equates to under 13% FVF in relation to selling price.....

so, try to "bundle" items (a lot of 3 items) to create higher item prices in relation to shipping costs..

OH...there is no "gouging" going on...all the fees are clearly advertised

Message 15 of 50
latest reply