cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees + Fees = Outrageous Fees + Tax = Fees on Tax = Fraud

I Graduated from College almost 30 years ago which basically makes me as intelligent as the Pimpled Faced Kid that works at my local Dairy Queen, so forgive me if this mathematical Post seems elementary to everyone else. This is my equation:  Bubba decides to sell his used bubble gum collection on eButt. BamBam buys Bubbas Bubble Gum Collection for $57.00 and $11.00 in shipping plus 4.77 Tax. eButt charges Bubba a fee for introducing him to BamBam in the amount of 12.9%, and as if that wasn't enough, another .30 fee. So, $57.00 + $11.00 is $68.00 and 12.9% plus .30 of $68.00 should be $9.07. eButt says the fee is based on $72.77 which has Bubba confused, how can eButt charge Bubba a fee on something that he never receives. Bubba is thinking about asking his uncle, SAM, how can eButt charge Bubba a fee on tax. This should be illegal, and I see a class action lawsuit in eButts future.  

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Fees + Fees = Outrageous Fees + Tax = Fees on Tax = Fraud

same just sold an item on Ebutt for 45.00 plus 7.00 shipping and they addes 4.50 in Tax -they charged me fees 12.9 on 56.00 the amount including tax plus final value fee .30 outrageous how can you possible charge fees on Tax?  

Message 61 of 72
latest reply

disagree totally 

Message 62 of 72
latest reply

They should only charge fees on the Product sold not taxes and shipping period. Boycott ebay people. I can sell on craigslist sell it and ship it and no fees. 

Message 63 of 72
latest reply

that's exactly right my sales came out to average 13.5% 

Message 64 of 72
latest reply

message #61:

"...they charged me fees 12.9%..."

message #64

"...my sales came out to average 13.5%..."

I am confused by your math....so which is it 12.9% or 13.5%

Message 65 of 72
latest reply

zombie thread

Message 66 of 72
latest reply

I hope they get sued for their shady business practices.

Message 67 of 72
latest reply

Correct Janet, but it don't make it right!

Message 68 of 72
latest reply

Funny you say Tax Dodgers, so selling some of your personnel items YOU paid taxes for gets TAXED once again when you sell them to another; seems to me double taxation is causing the TAX DODGERS to look elsewhere. 

Message 69 of 72
latest reply

Micar_9439,

If you really believe this matter has merits for class action lawsuit you should take the initiative and contact a lawyer.

Won’t cost you a dime to consult an attorney. Most attorneys give you a 1/2 an hour consultation for FREE. If the suit has merit the attorney will take the case on contingency. Meaning he only gets paid if he wins. 

Message 70 of 72
latest reply

Itflipsman,

12.9% of $4.50 is only 59 cents. Just raise your price by a $1.00. 

Problem solved.

Message 71 of 72
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 72 of 72
latest reply