cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback enhancements now visible

All,

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for buyers on eBay. We are making these changes in order to give potential buyers better insight into your products. 

1. We recently updated the default sort to highlight the most relevant feedback for your potential buyers.

2. We have also started rolling out images on feedback to select sellers who have listings with multiple quantities. 

Starting this month, sellers will be able to preview feedback images on their own sold items. At this time, other eBay buyers and sellers will not be able to view images in your feedback. Existing policies related to feedback and feedback removal will also apply to images. Once this rollout is complete, we’ll be expanding image feedback visibility to buyers.

With these updates, your potential buyers will see your most engaged buyers’ feedback and be more confident about their purchasing decisions. Richer text and images in feedback may add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence for interested buyers as they shop. To date, we've already collected almost a million images and the vast majority are associated with positive feedback and showcase the great products and positive experiences buyers have with our eBay sellers.

These updates will serve to add credibility to reviews and increase buyer confidence, while also elevating your feedback scores and helping to drive conversion.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Feedback enhancements now visible

@az93    No logical order....lol   - that must be what ebay is shooting for-just like the search results lol.... Common sense replaced with AI- its the wave of the future..... at least here.  Talk about over-complicating something far beyond what it needs to be and then wondering why it does not work lol.   Showing people 5 year old feedback- talk about irrelevant!

Message 76 of 104
latest reply

is this why suddenly 10 negatives from over a year ago and that were removed by ebay for policy violations and as a seller courtesies are showing on my andriod ebay app but not desktop? I see this happening to other but not all large sellers for over a month now! inconsistent and unfair. ruining our feedback profiles. I was told repeatedly this is a glitch but nothing is happening to correct. this needs to be corrected asap

Message 77 of 104
latest reply

If they were removed they shouldn't be showing up anywhere.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 78 of 104
latest reply

I know! Have reported this to Ebay Concierge multiples times and am told IT is working on known issue.

Was also told its an IT glitch that is hitting many sellers but not all. Its the craziest glitch I have ever seen in my 15 years of glitches with EBay.

My ebay app shows that I have 1 negative but when I click on the red "1 " to read the review  suddenly over 10 negatives are showing and all are over a year old, had been removed.  Same with neutrals.  App says I have 5 but I click on the "5" and  more than five appear that were previously not there.

I checked on my competitor sites and same thing is happening for some. Loads of reviews from prior years suddenly on full display for all to see on the ebay mobile app only not on a desktop/laptop. 

I really hope they fix this as they have created a HUGELY UNFAIR situation for sellers.

Message 79 of 104
latest reply

is this why this supposedly "known glitch" is happening where suddenly 10 negatives from over a year ago and that were removed off my site by ebay for policy violations and as a seller courtesies are showing on my andriod ebay app but not desktop? when you click on feedback itself to view item it shows ITEM HAS BEEN REMOVED OR IS NOT AVAILABLE. I see this happening to other but not all large sellers for over a month now! inconsistent and unfair. ruining our feedback profiles. I was told repeatedly this is a glitch but nothing is happening to correct. this needs to be corrected asap, please escalate this! 

Message 80 of 104
latest reply

Does nothing ,,  what needs to be done,  is we sellers need to be able to leave negative feed back on bad buyers... 

NEED OPEN AND HONEST FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS AND SELLERS... If buyers can leave negative feed back, the seller must be able to do the same.. 

FEED BACK IS STILL ONE SIDED 

Message 81 of 104
latest reply

Where is the accountability on eBay's behalf? Why is the OP so quiet? Called customer service three times about frivolous neutral & negative feedbacks left by abusive buyers the past week and a half which lead to false escalation and promises from the so called reps/appeals department. To piggy back on what @whiteyswrecking said, feedback is constantly used and abused as retaliation from buyers. Sellers need to be able to leave negative feedback for buyers to protect other sellers from future bad transactions as the feedback system has become eroded over the years in favor of ONLY buyers. 

Notice how majority of neutral/negative feedbacks are left by buyers with feedback scores of 400-500 or less. Many of them newbies skipping communication with sellers not giving them a chance to rectify the situation and then lying when eBay prompts them "have your tried to work out a solution with your seller" before leaving neutral/negative feedback.  This new feedback is an "enhancement" to further feedback abuse and is truly UNFAIR for sellers. 

Message 82 of 104
latest reply

Yes, it can definitely hurt sales. I didn't even notice the change, my friend did. They called me and said if they didn't know me, they probably wouldn't buy from me based on what ebay considers "most relevant feedback".  Ebay's algorithms are based on what ANY customer might say no matter how many transactions they have..Sellers need to have a chance to respond to the feedback used to determine most relevant. 

Message 83 of 104
latest reply

Well said!! ebay could have used this effort to advertise, which would increase both Ebay's and seller's profits. Unfortunately, they have 

probably done just the opposite.

Message 84 of 104
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

When we first saw reports of FB photos my only thought was they're turning.....

@wastingtime101 

I thought they would be for "public" view.  Here, if a buyer left a photo, we could see what they bought though the rest of the feedback is secret as to title or item number.  I thought it might be useful to see what the buyer actually got instead of what they ordered.  

I thought maybe sellers would have a reason to appeal a false snad when the buyer posted a photo of the red sweater (they bought from someone else)  with a hole in the sleeve, when the seller actually sold them a hammer. 

Oh well. so much for that. LOLOLOL

@ittybitnot 

@valueaddedresource 

I am probably way late to the party on this but what really damaged the experience relating to feedback happened when they removed the item listing the feedback was connected to. Having that information provides a context so it should show on ALL feedback displays. For both buyers and sellers dealing with potential buyers. Example. Buyer leaves negative feedback for an item that was sold as is. As per description. Buyer receives and advises seller item didn't work. You need the context.

-Lotz

Message 85 of 104
latest reply

@hartbeatwhaler wrote:

Where is the accountability on eBay's behalf? Why is the OP so quiet? 

They have responded once or twice after repeated pings. This whole 'having a discussion in a discussion group' has been a bit of a learning experience for them I think. If you look at their posting activity you can see that they are more used to post-and-run announcements. Prior to the 16th of this month they had not actually posted a REPLY to anything in almost three years.

Message 86 of 104
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

They have responded once or twice after repeated pings. This whole 'having a discussion in a discussion group' has been a bit of a learning experience for them I think. If you look at their posting activity you can see that they are more used to post-and-run announcements. Prior to the 16th of this month they had not actually posted a REPLY to anything in almost three years.

Similar result to the same post on the UK forum. I don't know what they expected but a pat on the back wasn't in the running.

Another announcement post by them a week later was back to the usual "read only". It's a shame, they could learn a lot from reading their customers replies.

Message 87 of 104
latest reply

In science or business or technology,  failed experiments are usually scrapped or sent back to the drawing board.

Time for eBay to be honest with itself and admit this change was ill-advised and does more harm than good. In fact, it's all harm and no good.

Message 88 of 104
latest reply

Is there going to be any updating regarding the buyers having to leave feedback?  I have been selling off and on for 5 years and my feedback score is low because hardly any of the buyers leave feedback, although sellers have to leave feedback for the buyers.  It is very discouraging to the seller the Sell, Package and Ship the merchandise and get nothing for feedback, whether good or bad feedback.  There should be something about how a buyer can't buy again until they leave feedback for the previous buy. Or at least, Something.

Message 89 of 104
latest reply

@backroombargains2016 wrote:

There should be something about how a buyer can't buy again until they leave feedback for the previous buy. Or at least, Something.

I really cannot see anything good resulting from forcing a buyer to leave feedback OR blocking him from future purchases for that reason.

Message 90 of 104
latest reply