cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Showing On New Listing Pages

Over one year ago a buyer gave me positive feedback with a comment that the doll I sold her had a mark on the chin.  That is the feedback comment that ebay has chosen to show on all my listings.  They could have picked from hundreds of excellent feedback comments but that comment is what everyone sees. I would think they would put your most recent comments on your listings but that is not the case.  I know it is costing me sales and I do not know how to have it removed.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Feedback Showing On New Listing Pages

That comment was the last given in the past year thats why it shows, cant imagine that its costing you sales, its a positive fb.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

The same thing happened to me. Quite a while ago I had a feedback that said she loved the dishes but one had a rough spot on the base, which was probably an unglazed point of support in the kiln.   She said it was understandable because they were vintage, which makes it sound like damage from use. It was even a 5 star review. But all my other review comments praise my great packing and fast shipping. eBay chose to put that one on top instead of much more recent feedbacks.

This is a recent change that is neither necessary nor productive.  And as a buyer, I prefer to see recent feedbacks first.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

comment was # 31 when lined up choosing " most recent" 😊

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

That one may be replaced as you get more feedback.  Not much else we can do as eBay has chose the hinky deal where AI chooses what it feels is "most relevant" rather than "most recent".

AI is a bit of a moron in such situations.  Some sellers are experiencing AI showing a negative or neutral from days gone by.  Could be quite old, and non-applicable, but that's AI.

Yours is a perfect example of the epic "most relevant" fail.  Selling "wrap shorts", and AI displays a "most relevant" for a "doll" with a stain on the chin.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

If you look at my actual feedback, I have received 30 positive (no negative) feedback since then.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Maybe I will try to contact ebay thru facebook.  I am not even going to try and explain the problem to a customer service representative.  You would think they would use the most recent feedback.  Thank God it was not a negative feedback.  Thanks for your response.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

"If you look at my actual feedback....."

And in the unlikely event anyone is reading your positive feedback, that one you're worried about isn't going to make any difference.  Never underestimate how little your feedback is being scrutinized that closely by potential buyers.  The one you reference here isn't costing you any sales.  You're better off blaming eBay for throttling your listings.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

You can try but I doubt that cs on Facebook will be able to do anything.  The feedback defaults to what AI decides is 'most relevant' so the order that it shows in is out of their hands.   So far I haven't found anything relevant about the way it now shows up.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The FB they put on our listings are suppose to be the Most Relevant from the FB we have.  It isn't by Date.

If you go and look at your own FB, you will see on the right there is a new button with a sort option.  By Date, or Most Relevant.  It is defaulting to Most Relevant.

Lots of complaints about it.  I'm not fond of it either.  I think it should default to date and have an option to sort by Most Relevant.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Regarding the person who said positive FB don't get read much: I think that's true. I look at overall feedback total and percent positive, but I don't read the positives. It's the negatives I read, if any.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@jrd.vt wrote:

Regarding the person who said positive FB don't get read much: I think that's true. I look at overall feedback total and percent positive, but I don't read the positives. It's the negatives I read, if any.

@jrd.vt 

I agree with you.  That is my personal opinion as well.  

For me however, the most telling about a seller is how they respond to any negative or neutral FB left.  Far too often the seller's response is far worse than the original FB.

As for buyers, we all know they can only receive positive FB.  The most telling thing about a buyer is to go to their FB page and click on the tab that says LEFT FOR OTHERS.  That can be a real eye opener about some buyers.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I don't know but my most relevant is a long paragraph with a negative rating. Most of the postives are just one word, or at best one sentence. So maybe the AI thinks a detailed feedback is of value. Unfortunately most of the lengthy feedbacks would be from someone dissatisfied.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Buyers not reading feedback when it is all positive is indeed very true, but those were the days when someone had to use some effort to see it.

Problem is that now the feedback is there prominently displayed when the listing is being viewed without the potential buyer having to do additional clicking to get to see the seller's feedback.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@ham*i*am46 wrote:

Maybe I will try to contact ebay thru facebook.  I am not even going to try and explain the problem to a customer service representative.  You would think they would use the most recent feedback.  Thank God it was not a negative feedback.  Thanks for your response.

They've probably already heard this complaint a million times already and they can't do anything about it - it's an admin decision - a dumb one, but eBay is not the first site to do the 'relevant feedback' thing.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 15
latest reply