cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2022 sales goals thread

I didn't see that anyone started the thread this month. If it's there and I overlooked it, someone let me know and we can close this one. Otherwise, welcome to February! 

I joined a FB group on death pile destruction or something like that. It is nice to read that so many others have the death piles too, and I hope to find motivation from the success stories from people who've cleaned up their act.  

In addition to my February goal to sell 225 items this month, I am going to try to also list an old tote from the death pile.  I'm constantly pulling and listing stuff, but there is the stuff that was good enough to buy, but not so much to actually list. I need to get to the piles I keep putting off. 

So, what are everyone's goals for this short, cold month? (well, cold for SOME of us) 

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Thanks downright, I didn't see a new thread for this month.   We are digging out from winter storm Landon.  We got about 8 or 9 inches.   

I am going to work on updating item specifics.   I will be tackling some older totes and items that are of lesser value.  My issue is my office, it is a mess.  Stuff stacked and piled.

I think I will set a goal of 10.  2/10 so far for the month.  Store is on vacation until mid-February,

downright-good luck on tackling your death piles.  I have found that some items I listed a year or so ago either dropped off or I ended.  I have started re-listing some of those items and they have been selling.  You just never know what will sell on Ebay!  When bringing totes home from my parents, I have at least 4 totes of old pictures/old picture frames that need to be gone through.  Some frames can be cleaned up and sold here.   Other's will be trashed.  Then I am going to do a hallway wall of family photos.  A big project.  I have sold several frames as a test.  

Everybody have a great month and happy selling!

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

To hopefully improve sales on all my e-commerce sites and to stay WARM! We got hit pretty hard here in the midwest with snow storm.  Even the squirrels look cold!  😆

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

I ended January with 1027/800 so I came up short of reaching a new personal best. Still a great month. I'll make goal 900. I'm going to slow down on listing new items so I can keep up with the shipping. It's one of the problems you get when you have almost 64,000 listings.

I think my area got hit with somewhere around 8-12 inches of snow. Had trouble getting out the front door because it swings open outward. I was able to shovel enough to open the door at least. Now to shovel a path to the car which is around 12 feet.

Good luck and happy sales to everybody.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Memphis was right on the rain/sleet/ice divide of Landon (I think that's the most recent, right?)  So you'd get a bit of rain, then some sleet, then rain, then light snow, then sleet, then end up in a ditch or part of a 15 vehicle mashup that was probably not as much fun as it sounds.

I stayed home Thu as the storm came thru - the roads were just a mess and my youngest has my Expedition and I have his 4x4 Ranger.... the vehicles are roughly the same age (2005 & 2006), but he's got close to 300K miles on the Ranger and I'm just past 200K on the Expedition.  Plus I have a functioning suspension and tires that don't look like they came off a tank.  🙂

Friday wasn't any better - the overnight low froze all the slush and water into ice and made driving even worse.  I had hoped to get some work done on getting more of my own listings posted, but no such luck.  But I did get a lot of rest...which is probably why I'm posting this at 5:30AM.  🙂

January was very strong, both on eBay and local sales.  I need to get more inventory posted and start getting my space cleared out.  I'm going to see what the going rate for copper is - a lot of the heatsinks in laptops use copper 'heat pipes' to draw heat away from the CPU and bring it to the fins that the fan cools.  These laptops are so old, no one is interested in buying anything, so selling off the copper and getting the boards recycled for the gold & other precious metals may be the best option.

Youngest has got two interviews this coming week - one with the city of Oxford as a shop supervisor for the city motor pool.  Less wrenching, more supervising and training.  The other interview is with FedEx, working with their non-jet, non-tug vehicles.  He's interesting in both and qualified for either as well.  He's only been out of work for 2 or 3 weeks, so this is a good thing.

Goal now is to continue getting healthy (still tapped from Covid some 5+ weeks ago) and rested.  I'm pretty sure that will also help improve my mood.

Goals therefor are List More, Rest More, Eat Less, and keep emptying the house.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Wow it sounds like we got lucky and missed the storm here in NC. A couple weeks ago we had the "storm" with a couple inches that lasted a day. We were around 70 degrees the last two days, not down into the 40s-50s for the beginning of the week, but that beats the mess a lot of you are having. 

Debbie, I really hate to think about how many of my listings have dropped off. It gets me really mad that this happens. It's been happening forever. Why can't they fix it? I bet my office/dining room beats your mess. I am really worse than I have ever been as far as stuff. 

Karmy, nice sales! I just can't imagine that kind of shipping, even for smalls. 

Bob, I am not sure I knew your son lost his job. Didn't he recently get a different job? Hopefully one of these two will work out for him.

@ckimodog I always feel bad for our squirrels here, but then I remember I'm from WI and they survived there, so they can survive down here in NC, even when it drops into the 20s overnight. 

February is off to a slow, but steady start. I just hope sales don't plummet the way they did a few weeks ago. It was dreadful. 

I also need to start working on taxes. I hate doing them because it just means we'll owe more money. 

So far I am at 34/225 and 7 sales on BNZ. 

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

downright-I am jealous of your 70 degree weather.  Very cold here in Indiana.

Shipping-packages seem to be stuck in the Indianapolis facility.  I shipped an item on the 31rst and it seems to be stuck.  I can understand the items that are stuck that I shipped the day before the winter storm.  Anybody else have issues with packages?  I also ordered twice from USPS the 12 x 12 x 8 PM boxes before Christmas and I still have not received them.  I have received other box sizes, but not that one.  Just says it is in process.  Has anybody else had that issue?

Bob-hope your son gets the job he is wanting.  There are hiring signs all over where we live. but mostly retail and restaurant jobs.  Don't work too hard and take care of yourself.

Squirrels- we have 5 trees in the backyard.  We have a dog that makes sure they don't get in the yard.  That is her favorite thing to do-chasing squirrels.  She almost had one by the neck once.  It is hilarious to watch her when there are several in the yard, she can't figure out which one to chase!  But with the cold weather right now they are pretty much hibernated.

Have a good week everybody!

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

I'm more a buyer than a seller.  We're moving within 2 years, so I am selling anything and everything that we don't want, need, or use. .  So, my goals are to keep moving forward in reducing what we'll have to pack and move and unpack just to donate...

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Shipping update-packages are out for delivery today-finally.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

debbie, downright, rosach, dwido (sp), karmy & others:

I am just checking in to see how you are all doing. I miss you guys, but not the selling on here. 18 years was enough for me. I am still doing the FB Marketplace, and ebay is my go to when I buy items. Many of you are getting hit with snow. It is 61 here today, but it will get warmer as the week goes on, and then cooler. We only had a few really cold days. That was when the blizzards were hitting the New England area. Here we only have to worry about the reptiles getting too cold. My neighbor had to have a gator removed from his heated pool last week. LOL!

Summer sails for you like a Midsummer Night's Dream!
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

FINALLY, I FOUND THIS SITE.  I FINALLY I SOLD 9 IN ONE SALE.

GLAD TO HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU.

CLAY

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

I FINALLY SOLD 2 ITEMS SO I HAVE 11/20 ITEMS.

CLAY

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Just opened the store back up yesterday.  No sales yet.  2/10.  Added a few new listings.  I need to get in the groove once again.

Hubby is doing well from his heart ablation.  He is taking it easy with many naps.  Doctor kept him over night to watch his heart rate.  Our neighbor came over and let Lola out when needed.  She was so good.  She did not touch a thing in the house and no messes in the house.  When we got home, her routine was like we never left.

Not much else going on.  Saturday we are going out to dinner for hubby's birthday with family.  First time we have eaten out in 2 months.  We usually go to Red Lobster.

Have a great weekend and happy selling!

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Summer....nice to hear from you.   I too am doing more and more on that FB venue.  But good ole' eBay is still my number 1 selling venue.   By the way, how do you like this Winter we are having?   Coldest one for me in the 7 years I have lived down here.

All is well.  Selling.  Finding lots of items to list and sell at YS.   Getting some nice big ticket (over $100) items.   Dealing with the occasional issue that pops up here and there with buyers.  But working with the public that is to be expected.

Otherwise the wife, Billi the pup and I are doing fair to middlin'.  Keeping the Dr appointments, going to church on Sunday, keeping our noses out of the neighbor's business.....being as good as we can be.

Onward and upward....

Joe

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

I have changed positions at my job. The money is better, but the hours are longer. So, I have just been coasting on eBay, coming off my best year ever in 2021. My goal for this month and the months to come is to find a balance working a real job and keeping this one going at the pace I set in the past two years. 

Message 15 of 31
latest reply