cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast 'N Free Not Showing Up On My Listings

what's up fellow sellers. Before posting this topic I first did a few hours of research on this forum and on google to see if I could learn something about why none of my listings are showing up as "Fast 'N Free" but I cannot figure out why for the life of me.

Almost all of my listings are Free Expedited shipping with 1 day handling time and I just can't figure this out.

I am getting outranked for searches by people with a lower feedback % and with a higher price because they have  a "Fast 'N Free" distinction.

I have tried using multiple browsers, proxies and everything.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/russell_klein

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Thanks for any help I'd love to figure this out.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fast 'N Free Not Showing Up On My Listings

thank you ALL for your help and guiding me through this.  What solved it was me having to call and get an american supervisor in the Defects team to reach out to the Fast n Free team and he talked with them directly and had me re opt in to Fast N Free through him.

After that they started showing up as Fast n Free 🙂

you guys are the best!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I am getting outranked for searches by people with a lower feedback % and with a higher price because they have  a "Fast 'N Free" distinction.

I seriously doubt that is why your search placement is "lower".  If I am not mistaken, it is eBay that posts that to your listing.  It is not something you can "choose" on your own, and whether it shows is dependent upon the location of the viewer perhaps. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I'm viewing the listings (signed out), from the zip code where the listings are being shipped from so I'm not sure I understand your explanation, at all.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@benjamin_klein2 wrote:

what's up fellow sellers. Before posting this topic I first did a few hours of research on this forum and on google to see if I could learn something about why none of my listings are showing up as "Fast 'N Free" but I cannot figure out why for the life of me.

Almost all of my listings are Free Expedited shipping with 1 day handling time and I just can't figure this out.

@benjamin_klein2 wrote:

Who knows? Ebay puts who they want on top for whatever reason they want. Trying to figure it out is a total timesuck.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I checked one of your listings using a ZIP Code from NYC and got "Estimated between Fri. Apr. 19 and Mon. Apr. 22".  That's more than 4 business days, hence the lack of Fast N Free, and the question becomes why the estimate is so vague and so long.  

I suspect that you are using a flat price for shipping rather than calculated; this is irrational but so are glitches.  Try changing to calculated shipping (clearly the exact weight and dimensions don't matter when you're checking off Free shipping anyway) to see if that  makes any difference.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@benjamin_klein2 wrote:

...  to see if I could learn something about why none of my listings are showing up as "Fast 'N Free" but I cannot figure out why for the life of me.

eBay's estimation for delivery (and hence the Fast-n-Free designation) is not just based on what you state in the listing, but more-so on your selling track-record.  Given the volume that you sell, I'm wondering why you are not a Top Rated Seller.  Is it because you are not above standard on your handling time?  Is it because you are not getting acceptance scans when you drop off your items?

If you don't establish a track record that consistently demonstrates you satisfy a 1-day handling time, then eBay may not believe your promise of a 1-day handling time ... and they extend out the expected delivery window ... which causes you to lose Fast-n-Free.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I think it's consistency. As I often get the fast N free tag on my items even though I list 2 day  handling(just in case the post office doesn't record the item on time). I do however ship same or next day and virtually every package arrives in less then 4 days to its destination. A year ago the FNF tag would show up randomly and often vanish near weekends. but now it seems to be always there, so thinking it's the long term track record.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Guys first of all thank you so much for the replies and the help.

You all are wayyyyy more experienced than I am and your help is much appreciated.

I just looked at the only 2 shipments that show a late shipment for 2019 and both were dropped off on time within 1 day, but show a late delivery. One of them shows the only evidence of it being scanned it at "LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER" and I live in NJ where I shipped it from.

The other one ordered on Thursday never shows a scan in, in NJ on  Friday when I dropped it off, but shows it arrived in Salt Lake City after the weekend on Tuesday.

Can I get this removed at all?  I don't see how that is my fault at all.

Well I'm go to call and see what I can do I guess, can't hurt.

Admittedly, I do have a few in Nov 2018 that were late just because I am an idiot and didn't understand how this all worked with shipment times being so important.

Great learning experience for  me!

Edit: My DATA

Current seller level
Above Standard
As of Mar 20, 2019
If we evaluated you today
Your seller level would beAbove Standard
Next evaluation on Apr 20, 2019
Transaction defect rate 22 of 297 transactions
Late shipment rate 4.10%12 of 293 transactions
Cases closed without seller resolution 0.00%0 of 297 transactions

Tracking uploaded on time and validated 99.16%235 of 237 transactions
Transactions and sales 297transactions$11,447.95sales
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Transaction defect rate 22 of 297 transactions

That is extremely high and since it shows no cases closed without resolution they must be for seller initiated cancellations (eg: out of stock).

Have you been cancelling orders?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

You are located in New Jersey.  I changed my zip code to 10010 and the estimated delivery date showed more than 4 days.

I also noticed you have blocked AK/HI, APO/FPO and US Protectorates.  Why, if you are shipping via USPS Priority?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Lol sorry for pasting it like that that's just how it pasted.

There are two defects out of 297. The big 2 is a drop down and the two below it is technically the next thing to be copied that's why it looks like 22 instead of 2 sorry about that.

About shipping that's a very good point I changed it a month ago because maybe half of my inventory items were being shipped with FedEx and I was having a problem with people ordering things in Puerto Rico with free shipping.

Is there a way I could possibly bulk edit my listings that are priority to include those blocked areas?

I'm going to start googling about that because I definitely need to do that thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I can see fast and free on your listings.  Not all of them but most.  The ones that are not showing fast and free are all the electronic receivers and larger items.  You must have a slower service for these items (parcel shipping service) or they would also show fast and free.

Basically eBay puts the fast and free badge on listings where the

• sellers shipping service
  • sellers handling times
  • buyers location to sellers location

all add up to 4 days or less for delivery

Good Luck Selling!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Here is a link to the eBay help page for fast and free

https://www.ebay.com/pages/co/help/pay/fast-n-free.html

Good Luck Selling!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

thank you ALL for your help and guiding me through this.  What solved it was me having to call and get an american supervisor in the Defects team to reach out to the Fast n Free team and he talked with them directly and had me re opt in to Fast N Free through him.

After that they started showing up as Fast n Free 🙂

you guys are the best!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply