cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Feedback Not Removed by eBay

I have been selling for years and have sold thousands of items over the years on eBay. From print cartridges to cars I have sold a lot of different items. Yesterday I get a negative feedback comment from a girl who bought a brand new Carhartt beanie from me almost a month ago. Her feedback says- "item damaged and seller isn’t willing to compensate." First of all it was brand new with tags and secondly she never contacted me about damage or compensation until after I asked her what was the issue and she demands a full refund. Fine! I offer FREE returns so send it back. I want the negative feedback pulled down immediately because it was all untrue and even eBay can see it's a lie. Well after 2 hours on the phone with eBay and a long unhealthy debate with a Supervisor who has the power to remove he tells me it stays. Even though it's undeserved, slanderous, untruthful, negative feedback the bottom line is he will not because it is against their policy. In other words if eBay knows and can even verify that a buyer lied with their feedback they do not have seller's backs and are willing to allow it to remain. In a world that craves honesty and integrity apparently eBay will allow untruth reign. Sad, sad, sad. I will be migrating over to another bigger selling platform as a result, and by the way the beanie sold for $11.95! I will not let someone verifiably blatantly lie about me and my efforts without a prompt and immediately redaction or correction! Why can't or won't eBay remove negative feedback if the comment is verifiably false or wrong? Why do they allow lies to be told about sellers? 

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

I have spoken via phone or facebook to several people and nobody is budging. They are sympathetic and agree it's wrong and unwarranted but will not relent. I have not listed anymore items and will not until it's removed. Sellers deserve better. 

Message 31 of 48
latest reply

A better reply may have been:

I am sorry, I am always willing to offer a full refund upon return of the item(s).

Message 32 of 48
latest reply

Lots of luck getting that pulled down as ebay sides with the buyers in total.... I have had this trouble before and now with every shipment i make, i contact all buyers via the ebay message system and send a pic of the package. That is not because i am a nice person, it is simply so ebay has it on record that it was sent to the exact adress in the buyers account at the time of winning the auction....If any buyer asks for you to send an item to a different person ( because it is a gift ) ...DONT!!!! The buyer can legally say they never received it and deep down they are right...You will lose your item, feedback, fees and ebay will reverse all payments back to them... It is something that was going on in the 1990's but gladly has stopped.  Next thing you may get is a buyer that never changed their address in their ebay details and you will send it to the old address of theirs...They will say you are at fault for that , just like they did to me a number of years back...That is when i started to scan the packages and send them via the ebay system...You simply cannot win with the way ebay is nowadays and have to protect yourself in every way possible...Unless you have so much proof of what was sent, you are doomed sandstone..Just take this from a person who has had experience......OIO

Message 33 of 48
latest reply

Try getting a negative feedback because the stamps on the outside of the package were not

in a perfect straight line???? That was done to me a number of years ago.  So you are not alone

sandstone.....

I had even had a negative in the 90's from a person that did not like the way i did their package

up as too much tape was used and was too difficult to open.... I guess they would have

preferred no care to be taken and it opened up in tranit and got smashed to pieces...

If you want to contact me sandstone, i can tell you a few buyers that do this for just

the fun of it.  NOTE!!! This is to sandstone and no one else as  I feel sorry for him... 

It maybe hard for you to contact me sandstone as ebay wont allow anyone to share

eeeemmmmmaaayyyaaalll adresses in here....

Message 34 of 48
latest reply

Anyone surprised by this??  They dont care about sellers.  Had 12 pics of tennis racket, thief buyer said it wasnt it as good shape as described. Wanted $30 back . I Got left NEG feedback and after case decided in my favor, buyer was given racket for free  $100

Also sold broken laptop for parts not working.  BUyer  opened case stating not working  was given money back?

Message 35 of 48
latest reply

@remote_controls_and_more wrote:

I once got a negative feedback that said something like seller never replys and won't take returns.

I called Ebay and it was removed immediately. They saw that the buyer never contacted me and I do allow returns. So the buyer lied and it was removed.

That used to be a reason that qualified for removal.  It has been removed from the policy though

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 36 of 48
latest reply

@sandandtone wrote:

I have spoken via phone or facebook to several people and nobody is budging. They are sympathetic and agree it's wrong and unwarranted but will not relent. I have not listed anymore items and will not until it's removed. Sellers deserve better. 

Well I see someone must have listen to you at Ebay since the FB is gone.  Congratulations.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 37 of 48
latest reply

I'm amazed that Ebay removed the negative feedback. Totally agreed with standing up for what is right. Actually got disgusted with all the replies about you not being professional. They fall into the same category as Ebay with always thinking about what the "poor" buyer thinks. Sometimes one's values are the most important thing.
Message 38 of 48
latest reply

Well after numerous calls; facebook posts and messaging; coming here to eBay community and stating my case; plus updating eBay Sellers Helping Sellers page on facebook as I made my quest for justice I finally not only got it removed plus the buyer has been removed from eBay! To quote form eBay doing business facebook message " Hey there David- I took another look at this, as it really didn't feel right. While this feedback alone didn't qualify for removal, I checked out the buyer and reported them to buyer abuse. There was enough evidence to not just protect you, but every other seller this buyer has ever affected. Thank you SO MUCH for staying diligent when it didn't feel right." All negative feedback she gave me and others has been removed! I feel vindicated but still think false feedback that can be proven as fact and NOT opinion should be removable! 

Message 39 of 48
latest reply

That was my first thought and after contacting the "buyer" she demanded a refund. See below final outcome.
Message 40 of 48
latest reply

Maybe but I did nothing to be sorry about. It was new and did everything correctly. See below final outcome.
Message 41 of 48
latest reply

Good grief!
Message 42 of 48
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

I once got a negative feedback that said something like seller never replys and won't take returns.

I called Ebay and it was removed immediately. They saw that the buyer never contacted me and I do allow returns. So the buyer lied and it was removed.

That used to be a reason that qualified for removal.  It has been removed from the policy though

Was that a recent change? Mine was removed within the past 3-4 months.

Message 43 of 48
latest reply

So you think feedback should be remove that you do not like, but yet you can leave feedback as you did for the person who gave you a neutral.

Message 44 of 48
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

Was that a recent change? Mine was removed within the past 3-4 months.

I honestly don't know when the wording went missing.   I noticed it wasn't in the recent change of help pages.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 45 of 48
latest reply