cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone is stuck at home so what are they doing?

HEY ebay!!!!

Everyone is stuck at home!!!

Traffic should be at an all time high!!!

Is ebay saying more buyers shop from work then from home?

I don't need 50,000 fixed cost listings I will never use!!!  I would prefer 500 auctions instead.

I just need people shopping on ebay!!!

I would be great if someone at ebay was working on increasing traffic instead of fixing seller hub and having meetings about other worthless offers to sellers.  

If says a lot about ebay if everyone's traffic in all categories is not up!!!!

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

@usmediamass wrote:

HEY ebay!!!!

Everyone is stuck at home!!!

Traffic should be at an all time high!!!

Is ebay saying more buyers shop from work then from home?

I don't need 50,000 fixed cost listings I will never use!!!  I would prefer 500 auctions instead.

I just need people shopping on ebay!!!

I would be great if someone at ebay was working on increasing traffic instead of fixing seller hub and having meetings about other worthless offers to sellers.  

If says a lot about ebay if everyone's traffic in all categories is not up!!!!

I don't think people are looking to purchase clothing, but rather items that will help fill the boredom they have while being stuck at home. 

Message 2 of 77
latest reply

It might be a good time to try a few fixed listings.  I switched most of my listings over as my research showed most buyers don't like bidding and would rather buy-it-now.  I admit I am in a totally different category than you, so it may differ.  You have nice photos of your items.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 77
latest reply

What am I doing?

Using some of those 50k listings and selling over 100 GPK cards, and shipping em off... well when Seller Hub works anyway 😉

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 4 of 77
latest reply

I am doing a lot of cleaning. My vacuum cleaner is my new favorite appliance. I also trimmed my nails a few minutes ago while waiting for someone to place an order.

Message 5 of 77
latest reply

My buyers seem to be keeping themselves busy buying jigsaw puzzles.

Other than those items, it seems no one is really spending money on any of my other items.

Message 6 of 77
latest reply

Evening,

Sitting down for a few minutes to take a break from working hard at getting our little Appalachian cabin started.

Many of the supplies and materials have come from sellers here.

Figured if I was gonna sit around for a month it's time I did it.

Post in the ground today 

Mr C

IMG_20200330_152034802.jpg

Message 7 of 77
latest reply

IMG_20200326_104452_01.jpg

Message 8 of 77
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

My buyers seem to be keeping themselves busy buying jigsaw puzzles.

Other than those items, it seems no one is really spending money on any of my other items.

Think Cabin fever things to do and that's what's going to be selling right now... puzzles, board games, craft ideas, things to keep kids occupied, cheap collectible things they can organize and reorganize, small household projects, (ooo wonder if I still have those 4in paint rollers in the basement), gardening things....

They are bored with nothing to do... clothing may not sell as much... but something to keep em busy... now that'll sell.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 9 of 77
latest reply

Mr C,

When will it be done? I may need a vacation from my SO sooner rather than later.

Looks like a nice start for you.

Message 10 of 77
latest reply

Should have metal on the roof as early as next week.

Then I'll be at least out of the rain when it comes, which is like every 4 days here for the past few years.

Mr C

Message 11 of 77
latest reply

Some people don't have employment, at least temporarily, so they are worried about their rent and feeding their children; therefore, they are not buying anything except essentials.

And it looks like quite a few are venting about listings for Lysol at $75,000 a can but apparently have no idea how to help eBay deal with that problem.  

Message 12 of 77
latest reply

@lex-talon 

Yes of course, it is my listings.

I still think traffic should be up for everyone. 

I didn't say sales should be up but people at home there should be more views happening to pass the time.

Message 13 of 77
latest reply

@oldwestgold 

Thank you for your input.  Since I have a few listings periodically I run fixed price test.  In my top categorizes I still have a quicker close rate with auctions.  

Message 14 of 77
latest reply

Looking forward to watching the construction...hope you keep posting pics!
Message 15 of 77
latest reply