cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: Looks like something's wrong. Please Try Again.

I have already reached out to eBay via chat and phone and pretty much feel abandoned, therefore I am reaching out to the Community for some help. 

For the past few days, we have been unable to edit any of our listings. When we are on the Listing Page, and we click "Edit" under "Actions," we keep getting the error message: "Looks like something's wrong. Please Try Again." Every single listing has this error message. I have attached the screenshot showing the error. I am not sure if it is just a coincidence or not, but our Monthly Selling limits were automatically increased this issue started occurring right after that. Prior to this we were able to edit the listings without any problems.

Doing some internet searches it appears as this is a known issue for the past several years. People are often told to wait 3 months and then when 3 months come they are asked to wait another 3 months. When I contacted eBay both via chat and phone I was told that this is a known issue and that I should just wait just like the others have experienced. 

We have already waited a couple of days so, what options do we have to edit the listings? Also, how many of you are also experiencing this same issue?

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

have you tried clearing cache, trying a different browser?  Using a pc instead of mobile?

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

This is the message I'm getting when I try to get my supplies coupon. Chrome and Firefox-both on a desktop

Oops, we ran into a problem. Sorry about that—please try again later. If you keep getting this message, contact us by clicking Customer Support at the top of most eBay pages

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

I can't get items listed without tech issues.  Ebay has some issues maybe for many of us; I don't know

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Yes, I guess I forgot to mention this. The issue repeats on both Chrome and Firefox. Tried multiple PCs and mobile devices. Clearing cache didn't help. 

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

So I talked to eBay again today and was told this may take months for them to resolve. I find this very odd as a situation like this should be addressed considering there are several other posts that are going back for at least the past 3 years. On one post the person was told to wait 3 months and when 3 months came they were asked to wait another 3 months. I feel that these people at eBay are doing the same to us. Is there anyone within eBay hopefully with some intelligence that can actually resolve this issue or crackdown on someone within your IT department to actually do their job that they are getting paid to do? This kind of behavior on another bigger marketplace would not be tolerated and would be addressed immediately why has it not urgently been resolved here is unknown.  Let's face it already waiting this long is not acceptable and making us wait any longer when the issue has been there documented of the past 3 years is unacceptable. 

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

@rushbargains wrote:

Is there anyone within eBay hopefully with some intelligence that can actually resolve this issue or crackdown on someone within your IT department to actually do their job that they are getting paid to do? 

lolno

@rushbargains wrote:

This kind of behavior on another bigger marketplace would not be tolerated and would be addressed immediately why has it not urgently been resolved here is unknown.  Let's face it already waiting this long is not acceptable and making us wait any longer when the issue has been there documented of the past 3 years is unacceptable. 

I agree with you but they don't care.

This issue goes back as far as 2010 maybe longer...

ebay is not in full support of IPv6 protocol.

Disabling IPv6 in my Network settings has helped so far.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

I agree with you but they don't care.

This issue goes back as far as 2010 maybe longer...

ebay is not in full support of IPv6 protocol.

Disabling IPv6 in my Network settings has helped so far.

I have tried multiple computers and network. Even eBay employees are able to duplicate the issue from their end. Even though they said our account is in good standing order, I strongly believe the issue appears to be at individual account level since even eBay employees can duplicate the issue and they admitted that many others are affected. 

As of today the issue is still there and its sad we are not getting help. 

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

As of June 23, 2020, the issue is still not resolved. We are still getting the error message "Looks like something's wrong. Please Try Again." This issue is duplicated on multiple computers, web browsers, and mobile devices. Deleting the cache did not resolve the issue. Contacting eBay support multiple times have been unsuccessful. They don't seem to care or are too lazy to resolve this issue which appears to be going on with other sellers for the past several years. All they do is say we added you to the existing case about the issue. Being added to a case but someone not actually fixing it is useless. Is there someone or some department within eBay that has some brains that can actually resolve this issue? 

2020-06-23_14-06-53.jpg

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@rushbargains 

Can you create an entirely new listing, and then edit that?

Incidentally, I notice a lot of your listings are in the "Everything Else" category -- that may make it hard for buyers to find your items if they are doing a general search that is steered into a particular category.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Hi @eburtonlab,

Thanks for your reply. 

Can you create an entirely new listing, and then edit that?

Yes, we are able to create new listings.

Incidentally, I notice a lot of your listings are in the "Everything Else" category -- that may make it hard for buyers to find your items if they are doing a general search that is steered into a particular category.

We had lower selling limits and one day we were trying to organize the listings to Store Categories and it was working then immediately when the selling limits were increased we started getting this error. I know that store category is different from the listing categories but we have also tried editing listing categories that are for example in more specific categories such as "Kitchen tools and Gadgets," and the issue is also present on the listings.  

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

As of today June 30, 2020. The issue is still present. I didn't realize that people who work for eBay are so lazy. This issue has been reported numerous times over other boards of the past few years, yet the issue is still present and nothing has been done. I have even reported this to eBay both via phone and chat multiple times. I have confirmed that the issue exists over multiple devices and browsers. I have even attempted to try a 3rd party tool and this to has a issue where it is unable to edit the listing or change the eBay store Category. 

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

I just had it a few minutes ago when trying to post a new listing...I waited a minute and tried again, and it worked properly the second try...sounds like I got lucky

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

@jack_bucks_ghost wrote:

I just had it a few minutes ago when trying to post a new listing...I waited a minute and tried again, and it worked properly the second try...sounds like I got lucky

I am glad yours got resolved. Ours is still doing it on multiple devices and browsers. So sad that no one from eBay has addressed this issue. 

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

What is the status of this issue...has it been resolved? I have been experiencing the same issue since March 2020. I have talked  to, chatted with, facebook'd, and tweeted eBay reps month after month after month. This is what I've been told:

- that this issue is known problem,

-the IT team is working on the problem,

-the IT team is backed up with tickets to resolve this problem,

-you are not the only Seller experiencing this issue,

-you will hear back from 'me' (eBay rep) within 24-48 hours,

-your ticket has been given P1 status for immediate attention within 24 hours,

-It may be weeks before 'I' (Ebay Business rep) touch bases with you about IT team's resolution,

-sorry for the inconvenience,

-'I' (eBay rep) have escalated this issue to the IT team,

-'I' (Ebay Business rep) have done all I can do on my end,

-this issue should have been resolved in 2 days. 'I' (Ebay rep) don't understand why it hasn't been resolved.

-a ticket has been submitted to the IT dept for this issue (ask Ebay on Twitter)

No one has been able to resolve this issue after FIVE MONTHS. NOT EVEN EBAY for BUSINESS' Facebook site. I was so very surprised that even they could not and did not resolve this problem. I have been told so many

times by other Sellers of how Ebay for Business was the go-to place to be heard and to have your issue taken care of. But, not this issue... No one there has the power to move this issue forward to resolution. It is so disheartening to know this. I have been an Ebay member since 2006. To be treated like this is really bad. No follow-up to resolution. Nothing...only automated emails.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply