cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic Fail with the new "Good Til Cancelled" Policy

I am an Ebay top rated plus seller with a premium level store and 100 percent positive feedback.. I have actually decided to cancel my store as of April first. It is simply not worth paying for a store subscription to an E commerce site that is dictating to me how to sell my items. As a seller, leaving any items as good til cancelled removes the sense of urgency for any buyer to actually buy. Not only that, it places the longer standing items in a stagnant place where they are seen buy fewer potential buyers. For those reasons, I will be moving my store to a couple of other E commerce sites that are more seller friendly.

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Who has the time for this? And with the hefty fees....hardly worth the time & effort.
Message 61 of 67
latest reply

bidness-as-usual
Adventurer
Agree! Horrible idea- eBay will never be Amazon and should not try to be...
Message 62 of 67
latest reply

@mandolinann2 wrote:

I have actually decided to cancel my store as of April first.

I will be moving my store to a couple of other E commerce sites that are more seller friendly.

It appears that you did not leave or cancel your store on April 1 after all. 

Message 63 of 67
latest reply

EBay only saw how they could get more income by charging sellers. What they did not take into account, is that GTC has no end date published, thereby missing the opportunity to get a buyer to purchase an item because it is closing soon.

I estimate that items that sell on my Buy Now 30-day listing; 50% sold within the first 5 days, 30% sold in the next 21 days, and 20% sold the final 4 days before the item closed. With GTC, I (and eBay) loose the last 20% of sales as the item has NO end date. 

Another reason, I do not like the GTC option, is that when I am on vacation or I have more important things to do than fill eBay purchases, I schedule ahead of time that all my 30-day listings have ended. Since closing an auction earlier, would just irritate the people watching the listing, I would never consider doing this (however eBay encourages this). 

Because of this and the additional insertion fee costs, I am no longer selling on eBay. I look forward to when eBay reinstates Buy Now 30-day, 10-day, 5-day, and 3-day listings. 

Message 64 of 67
latest reply

Not really, the buyers all ready know where they are. Buyers are smart and will find you wherever you go.
Message 65 of 67
latest reply

Well my husband just close Ebay account, Ebay and PayPal And now tax they make all the money mild time my husband killing his self out to get things to sale for this company make money, hell no here’s “bird”👀 for you EBAY FEE, PAYPAL FEE, TAX, plus some many costume play stupid to get free stuff no way Jose’s Here is another “BIG BIRD”👀 and don’t forget no the buyer can and will put negative feedback and you well the roads to hell are full of rock well here’s another “Bird”☝🏻👀
Message 66 of 67
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 67 of 67
latest reply