cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay won't let me sell here any more :(

I am an individual seller; a 73 year old man simply selling items I no longer want or need for extra cash.  Not a business.  I have been selling here for 15 years.  Like everyone else, I have received the warning that as of March 3rd, I will need to register with something called ebay managed payments or no longer be able to sell.  Well, March 3rd finally arrived.  Now I am blocked from selling.  So, I went to sign up as requested...

The first page of the sign-up required I give them my SSN.  I have never given that out to anyone other than required government entities, and have always been told to never give it out over the internet.  That would be just another server waiting to be hacked and have the SSN stolen.  And I don't know what other personal info they want of me after that, because I couldn't get past the first page.  So, am I finally going to have to part ways with ebay after all these years because I'm protecting my SSN?

Message 1 of 84
latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

@basspig wrote:

I just found this out today when I responded to eBay's new requirement to add a bank account. The e-mail said nothing about an SSN. So when I started the process, the first page was as you receive--asking for DoB and SSN. I immediately logged off. I haven't sold anything on ebay for about five years now, mainly due to the fees being so high. Places like craigslist and Facebook Marketplace have no fees so I've been selling my used stuff there.

This officially ends my relationship with ebay, since 1999.

If you haven't sold anything here in five years, surely it's not necessary to tell the world that you're not going to resume.

Message 76 of 84
latest reply

It's a bit like telling a high school girlfriend that I've been married for eighteen years, and don't have any interest in drumming up a relationship with her.  

Message 77 of 84
latest reply

@basspig wrote:

I haven't sold anything on ebay for about five years now, mainly due to the fees being so high. Places like craigslist and Facebook Marketplace have no fees so I've been selling my used stuff there.

This officially ends my relationship with ebay, since 1999.

Okay. Bye!

Message 78 of 84
latest reply

I am really surprised Ebay would force you in to MP..I thought it was by invitation, and for the big sellers..for now. You checked your messages in My Ebay to make sure this came from Ebay?

Everyone that that sells on eBay has to migrate to Managed Payments at some point in time. The final date is the end of 2021.

That eBay "invitation" states that you are invited to install the Managed Payments system or else you will be blocked from selling at a specific date. Not much of an invitation, is it?

Message 79 of 84
latest reply

Same here. There are other ways to sell your goods. Ebay has gotten out of hand with their policies and now Managed Payments. Also the seller has little or no recourse if something goes wrong. They are just 

too big. I will buy if I see something I can use but my selling days are over. 

Message 80 of 84
latest reply

I see op is selling here again under MP, big surprise.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 81 of 84
latest reply

6000 view ...WWOW! 

Message 82 of 84
latest reply

So you will leave, right?

Message 83 of 84
latest reply

How are sellers protected from chargebacks when a buyer claims unauthorized purchase.

Message 84 of 84
latest reply