cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

Please check your accounts if sales are slow. They hav been the worst ever for me.

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

Nah, probably won't see any blues - I think they probably got another 3 day weekend.  It's a holiday, afterall!

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 31 of 86
latest reply

The problem is sellers are assuming this is why sales are slow, there is no evidence that sales stopped coming in due to these settings because the listings themselves say PayPal on them as the accepted form of payment, we have to wait for eBay to answer on if sales were lost due to this issue.

Message 32 of 86
latest reply

Hmmmmm, an 'answer from ebay'.

Yep, probably get one 'soon'.

Hopefully it is better than their usual non-answers, whenever 'soon' is.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 33 of 86
latest reply

You mean like the one where they were supposed to get back to us about the mass removal of listings due to sellers using faulty UPC codes ??

Message 34 of 86
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

You mean like the one where they were supposed to get back to us about the mass removal of listings due to sellers using faulty UPC codes ??

Well, yeah, something like that.

Although, I think Alan said something about not wanting to use the word 'soon' and described it a 'different' way, though it said the same thing.  Or, was that on a yet different matter that was a non-answer or a 'we'll let you know just as soon as we know'? 

There are so many of them that it is hard to keep track.

Message 35 of 86
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

The problem is sellers are assuming this is why sales are slow, there is no evidence that sales stopped coming in due to these settings because the listings themselves say PayPal on them as the accepted form of payment, we have to wait for eBay to answer on if sales were lost due to this issue.

@cal_w62

OK, but all my listings are set up with "immediate payment required".

With "immediate payment required", the way I understand it is that the listing will not sell if payment is not made.    Without "immediate required" it would show sold, but not paid.   Am I missing something here.  I'm old, sometimes things don't sink in fastupside_down

Message 36 of 86
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

Many faulty codes are in eBay's data base! I have at least a dozen items with valid codes that I am told does not exist. I wonder who's responsible and who will be held accountable?

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 37 of 86
latest reply

Look at your actual listings and click on 'details' next to the PayPal logo, it will tell you and show you what your customer sees.

Next look at the new listing form, most likely you have PayPal checked as the form of payment, then under that is your PayPal email address, under that is the checkbox for require immediate payment, if those are both checked I would assume that no matter if your seller preferences say NO next to accept PayPal that those settings on the listing form will override the settings in user preferences that are not set properly for PayPal, thus sellers would lose no sales.

Now eBay has to confirm these little details on why so many sellers accounts have NO instead of Yes in seller control panel in regard to accepting PayPal.

Could be the new listing forms themselves have something to do with this.

Message 38 of 86
latest reply

Problem is, eBay employees can't answer those questions until the entire programming scheme is changed, they made a lot of errors in planning and in the execution of this mass listings deletion campaign eBay is on.

Message 39 of 86
latest reply

" ....... most likely you have PayPal checked as the form of payment, then under that is your PayPal email address, under that is the checkbox for require immediate payment, if those are both checked I would assume that no matter if your seller preferences say NO next to accept PayPal that those settings on the listing form will override the settings in user preferences that are not set properly for PayPal, thus sellers would lose no sales. ........"

You might want to be careful to presume that those are anything other than indicators that it will be stated on the listing that it is the way it is "supposed" to be and they may have nothing at all to do with the setting of the preferences.

Message 40 of 86
latest reply

@oaklandmaryland wrote:

Please check your accounts if sales are slow. They hav been the worst ever for me.

That sounds ultra severe...but with all the new policy changes they can do just about anything anytime they want to...don't have a choice or voice in the matter.  It's there photo's, listing...with all rights once you post it...read the small fine print on the new trendy wave niche policies...

Message 41 of 86
latest reply

Well, who really knows at this point, if in fact eBay sellers lost sales due to this, I'm sure that eBay will say that the sellers never set the settings right in the first place, or the database was hacked and they had to do a restore that reset all the settings.

We have to wait for eBay to tell us if the settings in the user preferences override those on the listing form now !!!

Message 42 of 86
latest reply

Actually, I'm waiting for the first person to report that one of the ebay CS has told them that it's 'the first we've heard about it'.

Message 43 of 86
latest reply

LOL, that is what the girl said to me when I called in about shipping labels printing blank, now it is issue number 1 beside this one !!!

Message 44 of 86
latest reply

Ah ha, sounds like things are right on schedule.

Message 45 of 86
latest reply