cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

Please check your accounts if sales are slow. They hav been the worst ever for me.

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Ebay turned off PayPal as a former payment on both of my TRS accounts - no warning at all

@oaklandmaryland

Oh Good Grief... this may explaine my non-existant sales.

Read the note at the top of the preferences page.

Changes only apply to new listings.

For existing listings, you must hit revise item, for it to take effect.

And two weeks ago I had to edit all my listings for active content.

Now more work, thanks ebay.

Message 16 of 86
latest reply

I recently got an internal warning to change my listing, and remove acceptance of money orders from that item in that category.  Shocked the hell out of me.  I can't recall which selling form I was using at the time.

In trying to control auto fed by ebay messages and emails received by me and or sent to buyers, I noticed many parameters had seemed to go back to default "real time"  instead of my choice for almost all "none" .  Leads me to believe it happened site-wide, and sure enough, we have a whole slew of people asking what's with all the **bleep** emails?  Buyers mad at sellers, when it is automated.  Ebay flipped the switch back  to whatever default, and didn't warn us.  Probably added new email scenarios to boot.  Rah, rah..go team!

Message 17 of 86
latest reply

When you look at your actual listings and click on Payments it says PayPal and if you click on details it says immediate payment required to complete this purchase, this is on buy it now listings.

So the only option it is showing is Pay with PayPal or your credit cards.

Can't wait to hear from eBay employees on this one........

Message 18 of 86
latest reply

I don't care what category - if someone asks if I would take a USPS MO, I say yes.

I didn't make the agreement with PP - ebay did - not my fault they had to shove it down sellers throats to live up to that agreement. I even pay my fees with a CC - let ebay get hit with a transaction fee(albeit a small one).

This is what happened to me when buyers could not even pay using PayPal. I called Ebay and they tried to pass off the problem saying it was the buyers PayPal accounts that had problems. Let's pass the buck some more!!
Message 20 of 86
latest reply

Yes, but on a Buy it Now, that is what it is supposed to say, go and look at your actual listings and click on the payment details link and it will take you to that module where the customer is notified to pay now to order the item.

If that is the case then PayPal must be working even if the preferences were turned off somehow in the control panel.

When you look at the listing form itself this is what it shows:

Payment options

PayPal    'X'

Email address for receiving payment:

Require immediate payment with Buy It Now  'X'

Message 21 of 86
latest reply

I honestly don't think it makes any difference to accepting PP payments, it just doesn't show to buyers (who may not know we're pretty much forced to take PayPal).

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 22 of 86
latest reply

Obviously eBay is going to have to answer the sellers complaints on this, or maybe they will put their heads in the sand like they did on the mass removal of sellers listings, this is just the latest folly that most likely will not be addressed.

Message 23 of 86
latest reply

The BIG problem that all these areas of concern (like automatically getting switched into GSP) are done at all. Ebay really does have some responsibility esp when they hold TRS to such high standards and love to call them on the carpet for innocent mistakes. Another great one is when a launched listing doesn't show as launched so the seller resists it and then gets hit with a with 'no no'. When listing item after item sellers don't have the luxury of rechecking every little step all the time when things are promised to work by Ebay.
Message 24 of 86
latest reply

Why you had better check everything now once a week like that one seller said who claimed eBay destroyed his business.

Message 25 of 86
latest reply

You don't really expect a viable answer, do you?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 26 of 86
latest reply

So now sellers will have to revise every listing, and revise all their settings on every ID they have, great, at least eBay is keeping sellers alert and on their feet while they are spinning their wheels every day !!!

Message 27 of 86
latest reply

Wow! Thanks I would have never checked.

alan@ebay , @Anonymous , @Anonymous . etc... Can someone please explain this?

Appreciate it!!

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 28 of 86
latest reply

@oaklandmaryland wrote:

Please check your accounts if sales are slow. They hav been the worst ever for me.

Thanks for posting.  One of my accounts had PayPal payment turned off. This may explain why my wife has been outselling meSmiley Very Happy 

I expect a bit of seasonal slowdown, but no sales in 10 days. I generally sell 1 or so a day.    Other was OK, as a paid/ship notice popped up when I logged in to that account.

Also checked wife's account.  PayPal turned off there as well, but she had 2 sales yesterday, so this had to be recent on hers.

Next problem will be printing a shipping label. The "do a PDF", or this or that to print a label may be beyond my ken.

Labels printed yesterday, but only after  some flashing and spinning about 8-9 times.

I'm glad I changed all my listings from 1 day to 2 day handling.

Message 29 of 86
latest reply

It seems eBay thinks it is just fine to make "unannounced" changes.  As if it does not affect sellers!  There have been blues come on here and say we should keep up with the changes by reading the "rules" more often!  I guess every day or hour?

Message 30 of 86
latest reply