cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay should not being charging fees including postage !!

I just was made aware that ebay's fees include the postage. If that isn't robbery what is.  Postage is paid to the us government and Ebay should not be making money off the postage amount.

Buyers need to start speaking up  until they start to be fair.

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Ebay should not being charging fees including postage !!

Ebay has been doing that since 2011 so better get used to it because it will never go away.    Smart sellers build that into their shipping prices.

Message 2 of 101
latest reply

a

@goodcatch2 wrote:

I just was made aware that ebay's fees include the postage. If that isn't robbery what is.  Postage is paid to the us government and Ebay should not be making money off the postage amount.

Buyers need to start speaking up until they start to be fair.

Where have you been for the last 8 years?

Message 3 of 101
latest reply

@goodcatch2 Why aren’t you complaining about PayPal doing the same thing? PayPal has done this since the beginning. 

as a BUYER I couldn’t care less how eBay or any other venue charges their sellers. Buyers aren’t going to boycott because of this.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 101
latest reply

@goodcatch2

Just like Pay Pal, Ebay charges a fee on the total order amount, price of item, plus shipping.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 101
latest reply

Postage is paid to the government now? This would totally change the way we do taxes. Luckily, that's next year.

We've paid FVF's on shipping since May '09 or '11, I forget which it's been years now. Since then most of us have worked that fee into the others and passed it onto our customers.

Good luck~

Message 6 of 101
latest reply

I have to stick up for eBay on this one.  Some years ago, sellers were selling the items for a very small amount and were charging huge shipping fees to make the difference.  For example, if an item was sold for $25.00, eBay would receive at least 6% of that.  However, before eBay started charging fees on shipping, the seller would sell the item for $1.00 with $24.00 shipping.  eBay would receive 6 cents on the second offering, and $1.50 the normal way.  Ebay had to stop that in order to receive the proper revenue by charging on shipping.  Hope this makes sense.

Message 7 of 101
latest reply

Both double dipping fees on postage. Just not right. I am trying to sell more on face book. Tired of all the fees and the returns where they make the buyer paid postage. Just totally wrong.

Message 8 of 101
latest reply

Was it 5/09/11 or 5/11/09? That was a HUGE day for ebay history, they also introduced the flat 10% FVF and changed the My Ebay page all around. I think many sellers left around then.

Message 9 of 101
latest reply

Why should a seller that has an item for $10 with $5 shipping pay less in FVF's than a seller who sells the same item for $15 with free shipping?

Message 10 of 101
latest reply

Just list with free shipping. That'll teach eBay! They can't put a fee on something that is free. As for listing on Facebook? That place has more scammers and spammers than Craigslist.

Message 11 of 101
latest reply

Postage is only one expense that needs to be paid out of the total taken in. Is it unreasonable for Ebay to charge fees on the amount you paid to acquire the item? How about on packaging materials? 

Why would it make sense to you to back out any ONE expense? Postage is no different from anything else the money goes to.

Message 12 of 101
latest reply

I’m just blown away that you just figured out now several years late that you have been paying FVF’s on shipping charges, haven’t you ever looked at your monthly invoices.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 13 of 101
latest reply

All because a few scam artists tried to sell low with high postal fees to avoid paying eBay their % on the FVF.  So, EVERYONE has to pay for these idiots playing their little games.  I don't know how it is legal to take 10% of the postage.  The PO costs are already high enough without losing out on 10%.  Good luck to all.  🙂

Message 14 of 101
latest reply

it's been going on for several years now and is likely to never change
Message 15 of 101
latest reply