cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay should limit these type of sellers

Hey. I am always looking for fabrics for my crafts. Everytime I type in a certain fabric this certain seller comes up. This particular seller is taking over the entire fabric catagory.At a tune of 17.50-34.00 a yard. What the heck???? with thousands of listings. What the heck? no one buys it. But yet this seller is over taking the entire search. Now this is just fabrics. I've seen it going on with books an other items. Ebay really ought to pull themselves together and stop this kind of garbage. No wonder no one comes here anymore.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Ebay should limit these type of sellers

@grasshopperx wrote:

My gripe is. That every time I search I have to go thru pages of pages

You don't have to do that at all.  Set your search effectively and you'll never even see them.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@themagicmountain wrote:

Buyers shouldn't have to fool around with search filters. They are hard to understand for many and Ebay often changes them and how they operate. 

I don't have any problem with them at all.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@grasshopperx wrote:

Hey. I am always looking for fabrics for my crafts. Everytime I type in a certain fabric this certain seller comes up. This particular seller is taking over the entire fabric catagory.At a tune of 17.50-34.00 a yard. What the heck???? with thousands of listings. What the heck? no one buys it. But yet this seller is over taking the entire search. Now this is just fabrics. I've seen it going on with books an other items. Ebay really ought to pull themselves together and stop this kind of garbage. No wonder no one comes here anymore.

Ain't Free Listings swell? 

They're probably signed up for the Promoted Listings thing, eBay gets a fatter cut, everyone else is on page 68...

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

@*eponymous* wrote:

Learn to use search filters effectively.

Not sure what your gripe is about a seller that has a lot of listings. 

I think the problem is most buyers do not know how to use the filters and that not all of them work correctly. Over the last week I have been using sort by price +shipping lowest first and it doesn't work correctly. It's seems to sort them and then there are very high prices thrown in the mix.

This.

The "USA" filter is also an extreme joke with all the Chinese garbage that's "located" in USA but comes by E-Packet anyways.

The reason the filters don't work is because eBay shows you what eBay wants you to see. I'm with the OP- eBay has trained this "once eBay only and exclusively" buyer to spread out- WAY out. They took the fun away and replaced it with white hot frustration.

I can search eBay more efficiently using Google.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@grasshopperx wrote:

YES! You summed it up exactly. All the small sellers leave because they are over whelmed in the search and they never sell anything. leave is the only answer .

What about the buyers who leave for the same reason? Search needs to be SIMPLE. on eBay, it's just not. Buyers aren't here to spend hours figuring out workarounds and filters to see what they should have been shown in the first place... and once they are frustrated and gone, they won't be back.

How many times a day do you imagine it happens site wide?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

I have heard many gripes about the search feature but had not encountered any of the mentioned issues until last night. I'm looking at a watch, and want to see what others are pricing what I'm currently looking at.

I do a search in watches for the brand and model number only as search terms and there's no results, even though the item I'm looking at has the exact wording I used, the 5 "similar" also have the exact terms in their title, and none show up in my search. None. How does that help in any way? How else would I find the exact other ones for comparison?

So frustrating. Beyond frustrating. Should I just leave after all this time frustrating.
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I am looking for a merchandise with price should be +- $3.00.  Item is listed $1.50 to 17.50. I enter listing and need to choose color and size.  Any color any size once you click go up to $7.00.  Seller has no listing at under $7 but comes up as cheapest with a range of $1.50 to 17.50.  These type of listings are complete **bleep** and eBay is flooded with them in all categories.  

They push out legit competing sellers and make it hard to find the others. 

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Use advanced search and exclude the seller(s). Tweak all the filters (excluded sellers, location, price, new/used, etc) and bookmark the search. The URL will contain the parameters and you can use that bookmarked search over and over by loading it and changing the search terms to suit.

ebay_adv_search_exclude_seller.gif

I instead do it with a GreaseMonkey script in Firefox that removes search results for a list of sellers that flood, overprice, or annoy.

Excluding specific sellers is a non-issue.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I sell fabric and now I understand why I get so few views on it. I rarely search my own catagories, maybe I sould try it.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

I don't like the auctions within the auctions. You can't bid on them, you have to sign up and then there is a scheduled time to bid. 

I also do not like the same item listed over and over with just one slight change to the title or the price.  Sometimes there are pages and pages of the same thing.

I know I can use advance search but I am just skimming stuff, if I want a certain item I'll use it.

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 25 of 25
latest reply