cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay should give sellers option to approve buyers

How nice would it be to have the right to approve buyers, lets say your selling expensive items you can add to listing that buyer must be approved. Someone wants to buy it we then have the right to approve the buyer? Ebay could take it one step further and give us info on buyer how many returns, how many patial refunds, length of time on ebay, purchase history ect. I get why ebay needs to protect buyers but us as sellers are left in the dark.  I cant think of any good reason to keep us in the dark about potential buyers history.  I would be willing to sell more expensive stuff if I had this option

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

I've been here since February 2000, am both a buyer and a seller, but am a firm believer in other people's privacy, disclosing all that would make me run away screaming

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

It is indeed a privacy issue and it goes for both buyers and sellers.

If wanting to sell more expensive items with the option to vet the buyer first you would need to find a venue other than eBay.

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Maybe the dont give us what items were bought but some info on purchase and return rate, partial refund rate,  problems with items description rate.

Having the right not to sell item then seller could make choice that are best for them, sellers who want to sell to any buyer still could

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

I'm a firm believer that all that info should be on every user's feedback page anyway. That wouldn't stop me from buying or selling here. I don't understand why it would be a privacy issue. This user name is not my real name.

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

They used to do this, I think they called them "priovate auctions" where you had to contact the seller if you wanted to bid.  I never used this option, but wasn't aware that it had gone away.

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

I have a history of close to 7.000 purchases.

ONE SNAD case open, ONE (computer arrived with operating system in Chinese, when advertised in English) about ten years ago.

Last Item not Received claim in spring 2011.

With an average of 600 purchases a year.

I DO resent those ideas looking at them from both sides of the fence

You have the right to refuse to sell, but then be ready to face consequences

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

I could go for a certain number of stats being posted if sellers stats were included.

Complaints/disputes, returns.
ASQs answered vs unanswered
Seller initiated cancellations.
Shipping times met vs delayed.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 8 of 48
latest reply

And of course the ability to set preferences to block sellers from appearing in Search Results.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 48
latest reply

eBay will limit buyers based on how many times they purchased without paying, but they need to ban buyers that have a pattern of lying to get refunds for goods.

There are buyers playing the eBay money back guarantee system, they buy something and make frivolous complaints in the hope that the vendor will simply refund their money and let them keep the item, then they leave bad feedback when they don't get their refund and complain about having to pay return postage.

Buyers like that should be booted off the system for good.

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

"... length of time on ebay, purchase history ect..."

----------------

That would allow sellers to block or deny new buyers, and new customers are the lifeblood of any business, so don't expect that ever to happen.

And why do you need to know purchase history?

I'd say there is zero chance that would ever be disclosed here, nor should it.

?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

I tottaly think that would be good idea, that way sellers you are exceptional would stand out be rewarded, im a seller and a buyer i cant tell you how many times i've been disapointed as buyer

I think there is no need to give sellers stats on buyers unless they request a listing have buyer approval, Im thinking alot of buyer would skip over things that have buyer approval not wanting to wait for approval so sellers would have to be choosey on what items to list that way or have less sells

@chrysylys wrote:
I could go for a certain number of stats being posted if sellers stats were included.

Complaints/disputes, returns.
ASQs answered vs unanswered
Seller initiated cancellations.
Shipping times met vs delayed.

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Do you really think you can objectively, rather than subjectively, determine who is really right and who's wrong in a claim?

What criteria would you apply and are they really good for each and every case?

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Wrong, bad buyers who fish for refunds and ruin eBay sellers feedback that they troll should be exposed, eBay report a buyer is a joke, I have had a few of these pathological liars ruin 100% feedback and eBay allows these bad buyers to thrive and will not remove negative feedback even when you show them valid reasons in messages for the malicious feedback.

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

@duster1979 wrote:

They used to do this, I think they called them "priovate auctions" where you had to contact the seller if you wanted to bid.  I never used this option, but wasn't aware that it had gone away.

Yes - they used to have pre-approved auctions on here.