cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay scammer Has scammed 468 people how is this possible?

There is a a scammer that has scammed peopel 468 times. They have left bad feedback or a negatitve for every item almost .How is this person still allowed on ebay?

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

They keep buying?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Ya. Looks like its over 468 maybe 600 .  Every item they buy they said something like not recived. And or  leave negative feedback .Still havent recieved   thanks for refund  etc.  there is a few normal.

But i mean its  almost everyone .How could ebay not ban this person ? Think of how many people they have scammed. They just tried me . And i blocked them

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

If a buyer is scammed, it costs the buyer ... not eBay. 

If eBay cared, then they would have a seller protection program and policies in place to help guard against buyer fraud.  What do they have instead?  They have advertisements enticing newbies to sell their iPhones, iPads, and really expensive stuff on eBay ... and the scammer sharks just circle around the fresh smell of blood.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Exactly what the above poster said.

If people hit the back button, the scamming would stop.

But continuing to buy from him after seeing all the negatives left is the definition of insanity.

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

I'd like to know how many of those sellers reported him - probably very few. That being said - I'm surprised no one notified Ina on ecommercebytes about it - but I'm thinking the buyer is targeting newbie sellers who know no better.

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Matt - I hope you reported the buyer - and I'd also send a message to Alan who in charge of the community - they will look into it - especially that it's been brought to the attention of those on the boards.

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

You are talking about ebay after all.  The only thing that surprises me is that the buyer hasn't switched over to another id to scam some more.

(*Bleep*)
Message 8 of 48
latest reply

EBay should let us know so we can at least block this buyer.

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

You are talking about ebay after all.  The only thing that surprises me is that the buyer hasn't switched over to another id to scam some more.

Maybe they have. No way to know.

If eBay had any skin in the game, they would be all over scammers like this, and wouldn't be laying back and waiting for sellers to report them. 

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Trinton pointed out on another thread like this.......that we are only seeing the feedback the buyer left........they may have 1000's of purchases that went fine that they didn't leave feedback for........

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Trinton pointed out on another thread like this.......that we are only seeing the feedback the buyer left........they may have 1000's of purchases that went fine that they didn't leave feedback for........

You do not think he could actually say they know but are doing nothing--do you?  😉

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

No - they probably wouldn't tell us that they have problem buyers - but we often assume things - even on these threads - and then hear the other side of the story and some of us have had to eat crow!

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Hi everyone . Thanks for reply .  How can i send a message  to them .As whenever i try to send a message to anyone fro mebay i get you cant send a message. Id be glad to or maybe they could message me .As many dont allow a common person  to send them any.

I just cant believe a person could do this so much and never be caught.

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

@matt266 wrote:

Hi everyone . Thanks for reply .  How can i send a message  to them .As whenever i try to send a message to anyone fro mebay i get you cant send a message.

The link below points to the method I would use to send a message.  Perhaps this is what has been failing for you, but if not ... try it.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/8266118

Message 15 of 48
latest reply