cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay says "Good 'Til Cancelled" changes are good for sellers, what do you say?

Ebay good til canceled changes.png

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: Ebay says "Good 'Til Cancelled" changes are good for sellers, what do you say?

I think for a lot of us it will give much greater visibility in Google. No more "this listing has ended, here's a similar item" message when a searcher click an Ebay link.

I am absolutely willing to adjust the way I list if it gets me greater visibility in the world's largest search engine.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 147
latest reply

Re: Ebay says "Good 'Til Cancelled" changes are good for sellers, what do you say?

GTC is good for the buyers.

It's up to the sellers to make it good, for themselves.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 147
latest reply

no

Message 4 of 147
latest reply

I think its time for a good ol' fashioned boycott.  

Message 5 of 147
latest reply

Just 1 of many over the years.

Antime Ebay says something is "good for sellers" you can count on further shrinking sales. Wash, rinse, repeat

Message 6 of 147
latest reply

If there are billions of sellers on eBay, who is going to notice your boycott?

I admit I've been pretty mad with eBay at times, but I'd rather try it and see how it goes before I decide whether it is good or bad.

but then, I still control my items-Nothing unsold is going to keep going around and around.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 7 of 147
latest reply

Not good for THIS seller. I sell children's books and like to list 10 days to cover 2 weekends, then relist with different wording and price.
Message 8 of 147
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I think for a lot of us it will give much greater visibility in Google. No more "this listing has ended, here's a similar item" message when a searcher click an Ebay link.

I am absolutely willing to adjust the way I list if it gets me greater visibility in the world's largest search engine.

I don't know where the idea that GTC will make us show up in Google search.  I've been GTC forever and I sell OOAK items.  I cross post my items on Ebay, Etsy and Ruby Lane.  I have periodically tested Google for some of the items.  My Ebay and Ruby Lane items NEVER show up, but my Etsy items always do. 

Message 9 of 147
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

If eBay is finally getting back in cozy with goggle, I agree that is a positive move. 

Message 10 of 147
latest reply

I imagine that GTC is good for some sellers.  Ebay's argument has even convinced me that it would be good for some of my listings.  But instead of trying to convince and encourage sellers to use GTC Ebay initiates a draconian change to force everyone and every BIN listing to use GTC.  The B-team at eBay rules the roost.  They really do need a new management team at the top.  Meanwhile I will just try to spread out my listings a bit more and end my listings close to day 29.  It should only take approximately 15 seconds to end each listing.

Message 11 of 147
latest reply

billions of sellers on ebay? not even close. There are 7.7 billion people on earth. That is including all non-developed countries, children, etc.
So every of age person in every developed country would have to be selling on ebay to meet that billions goal. ebay has possibly 10's of millions selling, and that continues to dwindle each year. The River (and others) gain more market share each year. I do know that the River has less sellers, but they have far more market share and far better advertising.
A certain major stockholder of the River could take 1/3 of his wealth and straight out buy ebay in one swoop. He could spend much less than that to buy controlling interest. ebay is so small and inconsequential at this point that he doesn't care.
I wish ebay would do more advertising. Maybe they could join forces with G0ggle again. Use G0ggle's search engine internally again.

One person leaving won't do much. That hasn't been the case though. Many people have been leaving, and the powers that be do notice. Part of their tweaking is to squeeze out more money from those that stay to cover that which is being lost from the defections. Eventually they will have to realize they are part of the problem and are making it worse. Eventually they will have to actually stand behind their sellers. Build with their sellers, not on top of them.

Sellers are ebay's customers. Buyers are the sellers customers. Current ebay board and management doesn't seem to view it that way. It seems they view buyers as their customers and sellers are storehouses of the stock.

A bit of a ramble, I know.
This type of thinking (Could do us in) - Chevelle
Message 12 of 147
latest reply

Me TOO!!!

Message 13 of 147
latest reply

oh bull **bleep** all ready, I have relied on listing items people buy, my items are ending people buy, i see this as one more ebay bull **bleep** update that will get me homeless.    no **bleep** on this remark... every time ebay does a oh oh oh you have to selll your items this way cuts my income completely.    all i do for a living is sell my custom made items,  18 19 years now wow thank you but omg this is not amazon, fkkkkrs this is ebay and ebay is ebay, oh no, im so worried, I have years of happy customers, why are you doing this to me???? gosh no sales all day, doh doh doh , are you guys trying to trash ebay....... stop this bulll and listen to sellers.    PLEASE take it back to ????

Message 14 of 147
latest reply

I think it is a TERRIBLE IDEA. Why don't they let us vote, or take a survey on it?
Message 15 of 147
latest reply