cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's lousy customer service

I posted an item for sale on EBAY.  The buyer backed out of the deal,  I notified EBAY immediately.  I tried contacting customer support but could never get through,  I asked for a call back and Ebay never responded.  I have sent repeated emails without response.  Now I get a collection notice every couple of days.  I am now fed up with Ebay and plan to never use this service again.  Needless to say, I will never use Ebay again.  Eventually I sold my item through Craigslist, and that worked very we'll.  

Sellers beware.

Emilio Sacristan

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why would you call Ebay? Just file a unpaid item dispute and your fvf's will be credited.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If your item "sold" on ebay but the buyer never paid there exists a process to be followed, if this process isn't followed you will be held accountable for the final value fees.  Also that collection issue isn't going away, you need to find out what it is you need to do, and it may be too late so you may just have to pay it and I know you are saying never... But if 15-20 or more years from now you decide to again sell on ebay, your account's standing from now will not allow it, ebay doesn't forget either.

So find out what it is you need to do, either through the help section or perhaps members of this discussion board are willing to help you out, ignoring the problem isn't going to make it go away.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you had opened/closed an Unpaid Item Case against your buyer (who backed out), the fees you're being charged would have been credited to your account. You got experience, though. Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Why do sellers have to beware?  HOW did you notify eBay? You are charged a final value fee when the listing ends with a winner. If they don't pay then a couple of days after the end of the auction you need to file an unpaid item dispute. That's how you notify eBay.  If they don't  pay within 4 days after filing the dispute then you close the dispute as unpaid and get a fee credit.  You're obligated to pay your fees if you failed to file an unpaid dispute and close it in a timely manner. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply