cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer phishing with multiple best offers then cancels accepted offer

Hi I'm selling an item.  Buyer made several attempts with best offers amounts that I set up to be automatically declined.  He kept going until one was accepted.  I saw this history last night but for the life of me I can't figure out how to see this history now (would love to see the best offer history again. How?).   Either way I sent an invoice late last night with shipping total and suddenly they said 
"hi im so sorry i made a mistake for offering this...pls i need to cancel my item". 

They offered different amounts four times until it was accpepted.  That's a lot of mistakes in a row.

So honestly how to proceed?  I know I can't make them pay but how would you handle something pfhishy like this??

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just place them on your blocked bidder list.  You would not want to sell to them anyway.  Next they would file a false not as described case to return it on your dime.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Just place them on your blocked bidder list.  You would not want to sell to them anyway.  Next they would file a false not as described case to return it on your dime.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I agree. That is a lot of "mistakes" in a row.

Your prospective buyer asked to have the transaction cancelled.

I would just cancel and relist.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Not to be too pedantic, but "phishing?" I don't see any evidence of that in your post. Fishing, maybe, in its slang sense, but not "phishing" or "pfhishy" (whatever that is).

Phishing.JPG

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Phishing in the sense as repeatedly doing something through electronic communiction to get information... in this case to figure out the price I was willing to sell the item at.  The word is apt.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'd cancel at buyer's request, block the buyer and relist. Who has time for a possible INR or NAD? Good luck.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

That's what I did.  I was just looking for a general consensus.  

It just irked me.  It was not a mistake on his part he purposely made offers several times to see what would be accepted with no intention to buy.  Once I could totally understand, but not four seperate offers.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It just irked me.

@comicgregg71 

Just reading your post irked me. If I could see your buyer, they'd be on my BBL now, too. LOL

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

They offered different amounts four times until it was accpepted.  That's a lot of mistakes in a row.

Your buyer used the infromation he gained from you to solicit a better offer from another seller. And apparnetl succeeded 🙂

I know I can't make them pay but how would you handle something pfhishy like this?

It costs nothing to make offers on eBay, so buyers will do it. So I wouldn't give it another thought. Every minute you spend on this buyer is a minute of your life that you will never get back. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@comicgregg71 

You might check listing soon to see if there is another item like yours, recently listed, but offered for just a little bit less.

Sounds more like they were 'pricing'.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 10
latest reply