cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay rep tells me they will release funds once item is delivered to GSC

Item not received case. I ship the item. A rep told me they would release the funds since it's now ebay's responsibility to get the item to the customer. Next rep tells me they can't because "what if something went wrong". I was like then you deal with it, leave me out of it. That's their rules. You get a different opinion each time you call. I'd call again but wait time was 55 minutes. This isn't the first time this week I had this problem of holding funds for items I delivered. I had to get paypal to release the funds manually last time. Tried that again and they said they refuse despite the fact they are suppose to be two separate companies. They're not. They're like the person getting sued who puts all their bank accounts in someone else's name. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ebay rep tells me they will release funds once item is delivered to GSC

@halloween-skeletons wrote:

Item not received case. I ship the item. 

What does this opening line mean? Were you shipping a replacement item due to an Item Not Received case for the first one? Does your tracking show a Delivered status yet at the Global Shipping address?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Item not received case. I ship the item. A rep told me they would release the funds since it's now ebay's responsibility to get the item to the customer. Next rep tells me they can't because "what if something went wrong". I was like then you deal with it, leave me out of it. That's their rules. You get a different opinion each time you call. I'd call again but wait time was 55 minutes. This isn't the first time this week I had this problem of holding funds for items I delivered. I had to get paypal to release the funds manually last time. Tried that again and they said they refuse despite the fact they are suppose to be two separate companies. They're not. They're like the person getting sued who puts all their bank accounts in someone else's name. 

I feel for you, I really do.  Are these GSC items that the customer has opened an INR on? That's the only reason I can see for PayPal holding your fees. Even still, eBay accepts the responsibility of shipping item from the GSC, so it should be a no brainer that your money is released. 

I would ask to speak to a supervisor as soon as you call CS. I dont know if the "CS Call Me Back" has stopped being offered. If I get that option, I always have them call me. 

I hope they resolve this quickly for you.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Not sure why unless they see red flags on your account.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

1st ship. On top of all of that I can't even respond to any cases from europe. Won't even open up a response box/form.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I wasn't in the mood to wait an hour on hold. I always do the call back but you can still be on hold. I had the rep last night CRYING when I said I had no faith in ebay. He wanted to give me a reference number as if that mattered. On another matter I called about 20 times and then get a rep tell me they're going to log the problem for the first time. Just send me that survey so I can fume.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I see red flags on their account and paypal, it's called collusion/anti trust.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I wasn't in the mood to wait an hour on hold. I always do the call back but you can still be on hold. I had the rep last night CRYING when I said I had no faith in ebay. He wanted to give me a reference number as if that mattered. On another matter I called about 20 times and then get a rep tell me they're going to log the problem for the first time. Just send me that survey so I can fume.

Is it possible the three strikes you received on Feedback could be somehow messing with your account. I'm afraid I just don't know what happens and who makes decisions. I'm already in their bad books, so maybe even talking to me isn't a good thing. slight_frown

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I see red flags on their account and paypal, it's called collusion/anti trust.  

Maybe they are waiting until the transaction is complete, no SNAD or positive feedback or item arrives at the final destination.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

They check things at pitney bowes. This is ebay's problem. I've been down this road way too many times. To think i used to take full responsibility for problem sold this way until ebay pounded it into my head, NOT YOUR FAULT. So I'm cured. I want MY CASH. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply