cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipped to a freight forwarder

Hello all,

Trying to figure out what to do. I sold 10 different items to the same customer with an address inside the United States. I live in Portland, OR and the items were shipped to a freight forwarder just 10 minutes away from my house. 

Anyways, the buyer messaged me the other day, almost two weeks after items arrived stating some figures were damaged. I shipped these items in a box and the damage he is claiming and showing me doesn't match up with how I shipped the items. They were shipped in a box, but the buyer claims they weren't. Therefore the items have marks, knicks and paint rubs all over eachother because they were mailed, more than likely, in an envelope. 

Even though he did not have a problem with every figure, he left me 10 negatives stating that I shipped improperly. This is untrue as his freight forwarder did this not me. I don't understand how this is my fault. Now I have a large amount of negatives that I highly doubt ebay will remove.

Suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Call eBay. Inform them that the buyer used a forwarder who caused the damage. Ask them to remove the negs. You won’t know until you try.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'll leave this answer to those that "love freight forwarders".

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Freight forwarding cancel MBG. Thats why I love them. Negative feedback could have come no matter where you shipped. As above call and see if it can be removed.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You're right, the feedback could have come no matter where I shipped. However, I also ship worldwide and do not receive any problems like this when I mail the items myself.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I know they cannot leave negative feedback for that situation if it is GSP. Don't know if the same applies for freight forwarder but maybe you can try to make it apply.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

They used a freight forwarder.  Freight forwarder removed the items from your box and repacked as they saw fit.   Call eBay and try to get the feedback removed (it may take several calls to get someone with enough English to understand the issue isn't on the cue cards).

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 7 of 7
latest reply