cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay removes member contact information after purchase.

Ebay has now removed contact information on members to sellers or buyers after purchase.

You can no longer get the buyers or sellers phone number or email.

Many times I have found I need to talk to my buyers directly not just  through ebay's message center.

I sell alot of computer related hardware and software, some times my customers need a little technical support.

A simple explanation, 100% of the time the buyer appreciates a live person helping them.  Try to find a members contact information and you will be greated with  "This feature has been depreciated. " I ask a supervisor or their legal team to call back  to discuss this depreciated feature and it has been several weeks, I doubt if they will call back. However, ebay customer service told me if there were enough complaints that they might change this feature. Check the enclosed attacment.

Please share a this information and give feedback to Ebay.  Plead with Mother Ebay to bring this feature back.

Or Ebay may find they will loose more customers to their competition, which is out there.  I find ebay has its place,

Ebay does not need to censor customer's information, expecially after purchase.  What is Ebay afraid of? They have already made their money.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay removes member contact information after purchase.

@machp wrote:

Ebay has now removed contact information on members to sellers or buyers after purchase... 

Provide your customer support phone number to answer buyers' questions before the sale

Sometimes buyers have questions about items they would like to purchase on eBay. While buyers and sellers aren't allowed to share or request direct contact information prior to completing a sale for the purpose of making offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay, a new pilot program allows you to help buyers make purchase decisions. With the new pilot program, your customer service phone number will be visible to buyers on desktop before the sale. You can opt into the feature within "Manage communication with buyers" in your account settings.

Update your account settings.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Include your contact information in the package, then if buyer has a problem, they can contact you.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You still have access to the buyers contact info-this information is courtesy of @a_c_green:

"just look up the completed item on your Orders page. Open the pulldown menu for that item in the Actions column, and select "View record" (which is usually second from the bottom of the pulldown menu). That will bring up all your buyer's info, including their email address and phone. You might want to copy that elsewhere for archiving, as a warning message states that the email address is only visible there for 45 days after the sale."

The buyer should have your email address on the paypal transaction, IF they paid with their paypal account. You could enclose a business card or something in your packages so the buyer has your info too. I do believe thats against ebay policy but they can't really enforce it.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don't see how to even follow the instructions you posted.

Where are the links or dropdowns for these pages?  Is this even on EBAY or Paypal?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Go to your Paypal payment.

Click on Refund.

DON'T PANIC!

You will now see the contact email for the customer's PP account.

Write it down.

Close PP (without refunding).

Email the customer.

Although, putting your own contact information into the package seems simpler. If the customer has a problem, he can contact you.

BTW- I print out all my invoices for use when packaging. So all the information eBay and PP gives me is in a paper file.

I live in BC. Our entire economy is based on killing trees.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@grepdogg wrote:

I don't see how to even follow the instructions you posted.

Where are the links or dropdowns for these pages?  Is this even on EBAY or Paypal?

From your manage all orders page

• Find the transaction you want info from
  • in the actions column use the drop down box for that transaction 
  • select view order details
  • this will pull up the order details that have the buyers info including email and phone number

Good Luck Selling!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Go to your Paypal payment.

Click on Refund.

DON'T PANIC!

You will now see the contact email for the customer's PP account.

Write it down.

Close PP (without refunding).

Email the customer.

Although, putting your own contact information into the package seems simpler. If the customer has a problem, he can contact you.

BTW- I print out all my invoices for use when packaging. So all the information eBay and PP gives me is in a paper file.

I live in BC. Our entire economy is based on killing trees.

Or you go to your email client (Mozilla Thunderbird is awesome, BTW), go to the PayPal payment email, right click on the buyer's email address in the Reply To Field and select Copy email address.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 8 of 8
latest reply