cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is telling my buyers that I do not ship to their zip code.

Ebay is telling my buyers of one item that I do not ship to their zip code, two buyers same listing.

The item number is 352467193274.

I cannot find anything wrong with the listing.

One customer is from Fla and one from Texas.

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Ebay is telling my buyers that I do not ship to their zip code.

Check how you have the Shipping Calculator set up.  It is likely something there.  Look VERY closely.  Don't assume anything.  But that may very well be where your problem is.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 55
latest reply

By the way, I got the same message when I looked at the listing.

Message 3 of 55
latest reply

I'm getting the same message on other listings that you are using Calculated Shipping on.  So I think that is your likely issue you need to resolve.

Message 4 of 55
latest reply

I would go to the post office and ask them about that zip code and see what they say about it. Then also ask your buyer if that zip code is correct. If they receive mail with that zip go ahead and ship their order. Be sure to let your buyer know what eBay says about their problem with that zip code.
Message 5 of 55
latest reply

@cat20sew wrote:
I would go to the post office and ask them about that zip code and see what they say about it. Then also ask your buyer if that zip code is correct. If they receive mail with that zip go ahead and ship their order. Be sure to let your buyer know what eBay says about their problem with that zip code.

@cat20sew 

Their problem seems to be consistent with the use of the Shipping Calculator.  So it is likely in how they have that set up.

Message 6 of 55
latest reply

I have changed that listing to a flat rate shipping instead of "calculated".  I ship this item via legal flat rate envelope anyway.

I don't know how there could be anything wrong with my settings.

I hope that the calculated shipping has not failed on all my listings.

Thank you for your help.

Dave

Message 7 of 55
latest reply

@handytooling wrote:

I have changed that listing to a flat rate shipping instead of "calculated".  I ship this item via legal flat rate envelope anyway.

I don't know how there could be anything wrong with my settings.

I hope that the calculated shipping has not failed on all my listings.

Thank you for your help.

Dave

You are very welcome.  I'm just glad it was something so easy.

You do have other listings with the same problem, so don't forget to change them too.

Message 8 of 55
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

By the way, I got the same message when I looked at the listing.

For what it's worth, I do not see that problem with the OP's listing; it looks entirely normal to me. As a result, I have no idea what to suggest investigating. I was going to suggest checking that the Ship From ZIP location was properly defined in the listing, since Calculated Shipping would not work without knowing where the package would originate, but that does not seem to be the problem here. I see Sheboygan Falls as the location, so if the correct ZIP for that is in place, I'm out of ideas.

Message 9 of 55
latest reply

I'm getting the same message as mam on the listings with calculated shipping. Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP Code.

Hope it's not another glitch as I just changed a bunch of mine to calculated shipping. Off to check now!

Message 10 of 55
latest reply

I have the same issues. I have had four buyers this past week tell me the same thing. All from different states. I called Ebay and they said nothing wrong on their end and they said my listings looked fine. I have have had these listings set up for years and no problems. Something has changed on Ebay's end causing the error.

Message 11 of 55
latest reply

Was your customer using a mobile device or desktop....

Customer just told me they could not buy something..same circumstances...

I checked it on on my tablet and it said could not figure shipping to my zip code.

When I tried it on my desktop...it worked.

I sent a note to the customer and changed listing from a flat rate padded envelope (calculated) to priority shipping(calculated).  They purchased item, but have not paid.  They are return customer, but have note paid yet...postage must be higher for them now.  

Looks like its a two part issue... "calculated on a flat rate product" and "mobile vs desktop" - calling ebay when they open

Message 12 of 55
latest reply

Check your listings drop down for package size & make sure they  aren't set to large envelope instead of Package or Thick envelope  .
All the ones you changed to Priority Mail flats are ok the others aren't
it could be the package type . 

Message 13 of 55
latest reply

@handytooling 

Scanning your items for sale using "best match", three of them appear to me as "shipping not specified": 352467190322, 352467190004, 352467190008.

Possibly related to this issue:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Two-issues-Shipping-calculations-and-Shipping-Screen/...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Buyers-Can-t-Purchase-My-Items-Item-does-not-ship-to-...

Message 14 of 55
latest reply

Update:

I think I figured out the problem.  I've had my listing set up this way for years, but Ebay has changed something so this setup no longer works.

In the past I had "calculate shipping based on buyer location" then had "USPS small flat rate box" as the option.

Everyone of the buyers who had problems checking out was trying to buy a product with shipping set up this way.

I changed the shipping options from "Calculate based on buyer location" to "Flat rate, everyone pays the same" then kept the "USPS small flat rate box" selected.  I then had to enter a flat rate price, so I put in $7.90.  If you have one or more available for that listing, you have to add an additional amount if the buyer purchases more than one. In some cases, I could not fit two of the products in a small flat rate box, so I added another $7.90. If I could fit more than one in the small flat rate box, I put 0.00 as additional.

One of the buyers who was having problems was able to check out after I changed to this shipping setup.

I hope this helps others with similiar problems.

Message 15 of 55
latest reply