cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is so weak

Put a riding lawnmower for sale on eBay & marketplace.

EBay- 40 views / 0 watchers

Marketplace- 550 views / 14 watchers

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Ebay is so weak

@maxine*j wrote:

@3strokepenalty wrote:

Well, that makes sense, doesn't it?   Since anyone wanting a used riding mower would know the cost to ship it would be prohibitive, eBay would not come immediately to mind as a place to buy one.   You've had 40 views, which is nothing to sneeze at for an item like this, but I'd guess none of them are within pick-up distance.  However, you're in sort of a suburb of Chicago, so you're "local" to a big market otherwise.  I just don't see anything expected about the numbers you give. 

-

Shoot!   Make that "... unexpected about the numbers ..."

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

2 - Buyers on eBay are not really interested in common items that are pick-up only especially when the location is a small town in the middle of semi-nowhere.

Exactly. If I were in the market for something like that, I would be looking on Craigslist to find things that were actually in my city.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@3strokepenalty wrote:

A riding mower? I would park it in my driveway with a For Sale sign on it.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Wrong venue - I'm not surprised it hasn't gotten much attention.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@domin-tomas wrote:

But Ebay has billions of buyers and if that is limited to a few buyers it should be in the thousands

eBay doesn't not have "billions of buyers", more in the range of 150 Million and half of those are not located in the US. Of those that are, how many are located in your area and of those how many are looking for a riding lawnmower?

I'm quite sure that If I listed my items on FB the numbers would be the exact reverse of what you see on your mower.

Another thing to consider, as eBay has closed many of the scam loopholes, many of those scammers have moved over to FB where the pickings from inexperienced sellers and few controls are much easier to successfully scam. Perhaps this is why your views and watchers over there are higher?

Bottom line, you can't do anything with viewers and watchers,  only actual buyers are of any value.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

People I know who sell large, lumpy items like dining room tables and riding lawnmowers tend to sell on places like FB, craigslist, NextDoor, etc., where pickup is more readily used.  But I'd leave the listing running on both sites.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

A riding mower?

Can't speak for anywhere else, but around here you list it in the local trading paper and it's gone within three days, cash in hand, no fuss no muss.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

I bet you work for ebay. Oh yea, maybe you should read who posted and who commented. I am not the OP.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@domin-tomas wrote:

I advertise on Facebook for my web site and I make more money thru Facebook then ebay.

no problem with that...........but calling Ebay "Weak" because of what happened/didn't happen on one listing.........is, well, weak.........  in my opinion. 

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Another not looking at who commented. I am not the OP and you just insulted me by calling me weak.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

lol...........in no way did I mean to call you weak...........you responded to a comment to me that I had made about........oh, well.........makes no hill of beans......sometimes you just have to roll with the punches......

Apologies if I didn't make it clear I was speaking about the OP's comment......

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Because very few search Ebay for local pickup lawnmowers. Of course, fakebook craigslist etc. will have much more activity.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply