cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is making printing address labels impossible, forcing sellers to use prepaid shipping

In the past month, Ebay blocked the way sellers are able to print package address labels.  I prefer to NOT use Ebay prepaid shipping labels, because I had a problem with incorrect charges and it took over a month to get reimbursed.  For the past 15 years as a seller, I've preferred to print my packing list for insertion into the package, and print any "ship to" addresses on a sticky label.  

Now, after speaking to customer service, I'm told that Ebay is forcing sellers to use their prepaid shipping, or find an alternative method of printing an address, when it used to be one a simple click.  You could pick the font, the size, the color, to make your package stand out.  Now you click on the "print" underneath the purchaser's name and address, and it comes up "UNDEFINED".  This is petty and isn't fair to sellers who don't want to use Ebay prepaid shipping.  And yes, I could always handwrite the address, but I'd prefer not to, since my handwriting is awful, and that's how mailing and shipping mistakes happen.

Ebay, please change it back.  Give us back our choice. 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Ebay is making printing address labels impossible, forcing sellers to use prepaid shipping

ebay makes new stupid policies and sellers end up jumping through hoops to figure work arounds.  (does ebay care???  cricketts.....)      ebay DOES NOT CARE about sellers.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Re: Ebay is making printing address labels impossible, forcing sellers to use prepaid shipping

@yuzuha wrote:

@lg5799 wrote:

I prefer to NOT use Ebay prepaid shipping labels, because I had a problem with incorrect charges and it took over a month to get reimbursed. 

In seven years of selling I have never once had a problem with incorrect charges when I input the correct weight and dimensions for a package.

Same here; I have always printed USPS labels through eBay and never had an issue.

And on the rare occasions when eBay does not work (ex. using media mail to ship qualifying items listed in a "non-media" category) I use PayPal shipping which gets me the same rates as eBay.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@lg5799 wrote:

Now, after speaking to customer service, I'm told that Ebay is forcing sellers to use their prepaid shipping, or find an alternative method of printing an address, when it used to be one a simple click.

The alternative I found is three clicks:

luckythewinner_0-1658435524792.png

It does add two extra clicks, but it is not impossible and does not force me to buy eBay shipping labels.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Yes, that's exactly the solution I'm going to use! 

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Yes, that's the solution I'm going to use!  Thanks. I didn't know that page existed, since this was a new issue for me in the 15 years i've been primarily a media seller. 

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Actually the address only option is not that old.  Best to open with Adobe, where you can adapt the printout to even thermal label sizes.

You might also want to consider using free PirateShip.  They have the same discounts, import from ebay, and upload tracking.  They are also very responsive should a rare problem arise. 

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Pirateship doesn't incorrectly decide which items can and cannot be media mail like ebay does. I have to go there for roughly half my media mail shipments since ebay inexplicably blocks media mail in a whole bunch of categories that often has books in them, but totally allows it in many categories that would likely never have anything that qualifies (video games seems to want to default to it, I see it pop up in toy categories too).

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Just went to ship a cutting board in the cutting board category. Media mail, totally available. Can't use it in 98 percent book categories like Roleplaying Game books though.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Clear your browser Cookies and Cache

I used CCleaner on Google Chrome, works fine now

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

had it happen 7 times and all seven have been on ebay. 3 were double charges

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply