cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay has sold an item of mine three times. I shipped this item to the first person who paid

I shipped this item to the first person who bought it, got the shipping label from ebay and sent it on it's way... a day or so later ebay says this item sold again, then a few days more and ebay said it sold it again.... I don't  get it, what am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay has sold an item of mine three times. I shipped this item to the first person who paid

@foxymargot2011 

Which item was this? Can you please post a link, or the title?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

What did you set as the Quantity when you listed it?  Do you have the item number so we can take a look?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You've only sold at auction so I don't see how you could have sold something 3x. Need more info.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

to the same buyer?

which item?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I see solds for the same item/......different gallery pictures shown, but the same pictures within the listings.....They are 2 different listings #'s...........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335018036677?hash=item4e00a18dc5:g:rWkAAOSwSEVk95q~

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335014221609?hash=item4e00675729:g:bpAAAOSwXjdk86Rw

do not see a 3rd one

I would guess you listed it twice since the pictures were switched..........

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I have had three duplicate sales recently, and caught one where it was resurrected before there was another sale.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@foxymargot2011 wrote:

I shipped this item to the first person who bought it, got the shipping label from ebay and sent it on it's way... a day or so later ebay says this item sold again, then a few days more and ebay said it sold it again.... I don't  get it, what am I doing wrong?

@foxymargot2011 

Based on the post from @dhbookds , this looks like your mistake. You listed the same item in multiple listings.

You'll have to cancel the second (and third?) as out of stock. You'll get a ding on your account but it can serve as a learning experience for you. 

We all goof occasionally. Sorry it happened. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@foxymargot2011  As  @dhbookds said, it looks like there are 2 listings for the same item. Ebay might have sent you 2 reminders when the 2nd listing sold like, "Your buyer has paid, it's time to ship" type of reminder message.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I missed those duplicate listings......sure looks like that's what is happening here

nice research

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@monica-sells wrote:

I missed those duplicate listings......sure looks like that's what is happening here

nice research

thanks..........I missed it the first time I looked because of the different pictures.....which I think may be the reason the seller didn't see them.  Amazing how fast we (I) can forget what we listed.....it's sure happened to me, but fortunately the same gallery picture tipped me off when I went to check active listings........

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Sunday, I found a duplicate and a couple disappeared listings. 

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 12 of 12
latest reply