cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay buyers are one of a kind

Ebay sales continue to be inconsistent and month after month reach new lows for us. That being said the things you can always count on when selling on Ebay. 1) More unsoliceted offers of half of asking price or less on items. 2) Anytime your surprised you sold something. Just wait. You will get an email saying it doesn't work. 3) Ebay will continue to raise fees and subscriptions even as sales continue to plummet. 4) Ebay will always allow you some sales to keep your final value fees up in your avg. and to keep you coming back

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Ebay buyers are one of a kind

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm not kidding - you sellers are incredible. I know, this is about buyers but without you guys to sell us neat stuff, many of us would be stuck going to Wally world or something.

There is one thing which eBay has done for a lot of us - we're part of a family. We have family members who work their backsides off (sellers) and family members who reap the rewards of the family members who sell us things at often way lower a price than we'd pay in stores.

So basically, dear sellers, you're stuck with me. You guys are the best. When I want/need something, the first place I look is eBay. eBay is also where I usually buy things I want because they aren't available here.

Heck, right now I am wearing some really cute and incredibly comfortable pink and white saddle shoes. They were delivered very quickly despite it being the time of year when USPS, UPS and FedX are knee deep in packages to deliver.

Personally, I think many (most!!) of you sellers have a special magic and that magic is superior service, excellent prices and awesome auctions. -

When I first got my first computer and "discovered" eBay I was looking at the things offered. One of my grandsons (when he was about 4) was positive that Santa Claus was in charge of eBay because of the "neat" stuff his Nana (me!) got. He knows you sellers aren't Santa Claus but ...hmmm...sometimes you guys make me wonder...

Hoping all of you have a happy holliday and maybe even get some well earned rest. (So us crazy about eBay buyers can get more goodies!!!)

“Nothing that grieves us can be called little: by the eternal laws of proportion a child's loss of a doll and a king's loss of a crown are events of the same size”

Mark Twain
Message 46 of 49
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@jnybuysell wrote:

Ebay sales continue to be inconsistent and month after month reach new lows for us. That being said the things you can always count on when selling on Ebay. 1) More unsoliceted offers of half of asking price or less on items. 2) Anytime your surprised you sold something. Just wait. You will get an email saying it doesn't work. 3) Ebay will continue to raise fees and subscriptions even as sales continue to plummet. 4) Ebay will always allow you some sales to keep your final value fees up in your avg. and to keep you coming back

I feel your pain.  It used to be that if the seller did not have Best Offer on the listing, it was a buying violation to contact them and ask.  But in recent years, Ebay has changed that to anyone can email anyone with a best offer, whether or not Best Offer is on the listing.  So sorry!

And in the 3 short months since you posted this, ebay now shoves BO in the sellers listings in the middle of the night!

You realize that a lot of these offers come from resellers so tarring all buyers with the same brush would seem a little unfair. the dog ate my tablecloth  to klassic kids  unquote ------ 

Well yes it would be unfair  to  paint  all buyers with the same brush ,, but there wasn't anything in klassic kids post that would lead to the conclusion  he was for doing that . A less than 12 dollar offer  on an item priced at 30 is obviously a reseller  looking to make a nice profit . Tulips 

Message 48 of 49
latest reply

Don't know what he wanted to do with it: wear it or sell it.  Either way, the offer was preposterous.  And I have plenty of great customers/buyers so I do realize not all all of them are like this.  I didn't think I was taring all buyers with the same brush stroke with my post. klassic kids to the dog ate my homework  unquote .----------------------------

You weren't tarring  anyone ,, just sharing  an incident   . The offer was absurd ,,  in complete agreement  with you there. .  Sometimes resellers are pretty easy to spot  as in your case  and  with some I've had as well . The most obvious are the ones who offer 9.99 ,, lol ,, clearly a number they are used to using . Tulips 

Message 49 of 49
latest reply