cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Since Ebay removed Paypal, I have made no sales for a whole month! It is as if buyers have left Ebay because they do not want to wait 4 days just for the money that they pay for an item to be received by a seller before the seller ships their item. I am sure that buyers also feel repelled by Ebay because they suspect that Ebay is flipping the money its sellers make by holding on to the money that its sellers make for four days. Personally, if I was a buyer on Ebay, I would not want to wait 4 days just for the money that I pay for an item on Ebay to be received by a seller and I would shop on another site that does not do so. I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing! I am supposed to be paid instantly for sales that I make on Ebay. I have been an Ebay seller since 2006, and I have always paid my Ebay seller fees right after my items sell, I know many other sellers did too, and this is the thanks we get? Ebay removing Paypal is not right, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, and unnecessary! I want my money! Give us our businesses back Ebay! Bring back Paypal, for making Ebay sellers use their bank account as a way to receive payments for their sales is not working, and quit making corrupt changes! 

Message 1 of 248
latest reply
247 REPLIES 247

@2013grotz wrote:

Indeed.  People here seem to think everything happens in a vacuum, but it doesn't.  This is definitely true of me.  I'm going to be far less likely to be a BUYER on this site because I have to deal with Managed Payments as a seller.  Like others have said, my buying dollars ARE my selling dollars and the conditions under which they are received.  While it might not be sensible to most, from a psychological and planning sense, Paypal funds are a lot different than personal checking account funds to me.  For me, that isolation that having the Paypal account afforded was an encouragement to buy.  That simply isn't present with it all going into my checking account.

The moral of the story with all these changes Ebay is making: They need to be thinking of the moral behind the Golden Goose story.

Pure greed is the reason behind this latest boneheaded move by ebay - unfortunately for them, this is going to cost them a lot more than any profit earned from not paying sellers for their merchandise and pocketing their money. Somebody might want to explain to the ebay execs that:

(1) Their income comes from the 13% commission they snatch from each sale on ebay and

(2)If they are causing merchants to lose all their sales then they also hurt their bottom line as well: NO SALES =  NO COMMISSION

Message 151 of 248
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@714gorilla wrote:

I've been waiting 7 days.  I called PayPal and they said my money should have been sent to PayPal from Ebay when the buyer paid on May 16th; but it's not there yet.  And I did my part and paid from PayPal to ship the items immediately, which makes Ebay happy I'm sure.  This type of non-action with sellers makes me wonder if I can trust Ebay when they do take over.

Your last three solds were made under MP...........so the money should have been sent to your bank account, not paypal............

Should have, but didn't. And ebay won't lift a finger about it.

Message 152 of 248
latest reply

@mach128 wrote:

original poster is 100% correct and should ignore negative comments from MP cheerleading squad , always the same few

They are all ebay's so called "customer support" agitators, the ones that do absolutely nothing but give you a run around to make you give up your request for your payment; You can tell from the standard nonsensical smokescreen arguments trying to confuse everyone to think that the original poster is "stupid" or "didn't read something" or is "unreasonable and fails to follow the rules (that they just made up)".

Message 153 of 248
latest reply

@714gorilla wrote:

That is not correct.  The funds for the last two Items I sold 7 days ago are not in PayPal (they should be).  Ebay is 'holding' my funds which they should not be because I have not given them my bank account number yet.  I was told I have until June 11th to sign up, or has that changed, too? So ebay is 'holding' my buyer's payment for a total of all 3 my sold items.

I am beginning to think Ebay's profits are now increasingly coming from these illegal "holds" they are placing on people's money; and then they say "HEY DON'T BE AN IDIOT, TRUST US WILL YOU? JUST GIVE US ALL YOUR BANKING INFO!!"

Message 154 of 248
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

Then you need to give them your bank details or you will continue to remain un paid. It is clearly stated that a check account is needed to release funds for sales made in MP.

The date you were given is the latest date to add your account details or the funds will be held indefinitely

Indefinitely? How convenient (for Ebay) ! It's a shame for us that it is against Ebay's latest Holy Commandment that it WILL NOT release people's hard earned money through PAYPAL (a company that used to be PART OF EBAY!!) EVER AGAIN! (amen)

White Collar Theft. Pure and simple.

Message 155 of 248
latest reply

@714gorilla wrote:

None of that was ever explained to me and I was continually told I had until June 11th to sign up (whether it was the last day or not).  That is nearly 3 more weeks, enough time for me to open a new account (only for Ebay transactions).  I have not been able to do that yet.  If Ebay wants me to stop selling until then just let me know, but they do not have my permission to withhold my funds.

Apparently they don't need permission to steal money. They are Ebay. They are all Powerful. They own everything they lay their eyes on.

Message 156 of 248
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

I am sorry, but they do have permission as they no longer use Paypal as all sellers who are on MP were advised in various updates and announcements as well as messages you would have received when the time got closer.

Don't stress, you will have time to open an account and then the money will be released to you.

You can choose daily or weekly payouts to your account whichever works best for you and shipping can be paid for using held funds if you have no funds in paypal.

Good luck with it

Ummm, how does Ebay's refusal to use Paypal now (a company that was part of ebay and has been processing ebay payments for ever) equate to Ebay "having permission" to steal people's money?

Are you (ebay customer support people) people for real??? OMG!!

Message 157 of 248
latest reply

@glorybells wrote:

Since the process of moving sellers to managed payments has been going on since 2018, and there’s been a lot of conversations about it over that time, it amazes me when sellers are caught off guard by it and have trouble meeting their deadline.

Since 2018? Really? Sorry we sellers do have a life outside of ebay believe it or not, so we apologize for being out of the loop for something soooo obvious! Can you possibly find it in your heart to forgive us Mr. Ebay Customer Support rep?  Please? (And while you are it, release the funds you are holding hostage?)

Pretty Please???

Message 158 of 248
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I have been in MP for over 21 months. Sales are fine. I ship within my handling time when the buyer payment is confirmed.

I sourced inventory on the 5th. Over 25% has already sold.

I sourced some more inventory today.

Wow and a whole 92 reviews so far! You are a real veteran so you must know it all!

Message 159 of 248
latest reply

@gosolids wrote:

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

Just took a look at your items and terms of sale, specifically item #324509240089. It is a violation of the Feedback Manipulation policy to even discuss feedback in a listing, let alone threaten a buyer for leaving negative feedback.

Your last buyer obviously took this threat seriously enough that they were afraid to leave a negative, so they left a negative review under a positive. Sellers cannot control or coerce buyers in regards to feedback. Your terms are both unenforcible and in violation of multiple policies. It is highly unprofessional to have included this in your listings:

“I am not responsible for any paranormal occurrence or non paranormal occurrence that you experience from this item and Ebay requires that I state that this item is intended for entertainment purposes only. Also, by purchasing this item, you are agreeing to not leave negative feedback if you experience a paranormal occurrence from this item that you do not like or if you do not experience any paranormal occurrence from this item. Negative feed back received for experiencing a paranormal occurrence from this item that you do not like or for not experiencing any paranormal occurrence from this item will result in a report to Ebay and the negative feedback will be removed.”

Why are you trying to cause a distraction here? He said his sales were fine until ebay started playing these dumb games. Your opinion about his listings is irrelevant and was not requested.

Yes, you are correct. 
Pot, meet kettle.

Message 160 of 248
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

There are many reasons that things have changed.

1st; PP did NOT want to renew their contract.

2nd; PP 'fronted' the money instead of waiting until they were actually paid from all seller various credit card/banks etc (not normal)

3rd; waiting for payment is 100% NORMAL for all CC Processors (see any B&M Store, Etsy, Bonanza, Mercari, Amazon, Ebid etc. etc.) 

4th: Ebay had to find another Processor since PP didn't want to do it anymore. This processor does thing 'normally'. 

I don't know where you got that from.  How about Ebay wanted more than Paypal was willing to give and also Ebay wanted to collect the transaction fees that Paypal had been getting?

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 161 of 248
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

There are many reasons that things have changed.

1st; PP did NOT want to renew their contract.

2nd; PP 'fronted' the money instead of waiting until they were actually paid from all seller various credit card/banks etc (not normal)

3rd; waiting for payment is 100% NORMAL for all CC Processors (see any B&M Store, Etsy, Bonanza, Mercari, Amazon, Ebid etc. etc.) 

4th: Ebay had to find another Processor since PP didn't want to do it anymore. This processor does thing 'normally'. 

I don't know where you got that from.  How about, they wanted more than PP was willing to give and EB wanted to collect the transaction fees that PP had been getting?  And if "waiting for payment was 100% normal" why was it not that way for all this time on EB?  Maybe that was what made EB stand out and people flock to them.  They are no AMZN.

Message 162 of 248
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@714gorilla wrote:

I'd say 'confusion' reigns with Ebay not explaining things well, letting me know about this on May 3rd, and telling me I had until June 11th to get into MP.   And now you've handed out useless information.

They first let us know 3 years ago that they would be replacing Pay Pal with Managed Payments for sellers.

I've said this a few times - I only received my notification on May 3, 2021.  I've been with Ebay for 14 years and just received it this year.  I don't know about anyone else across the USA but maybe some got it sooner.

Message 163 of 248
latest reply

@gwens*4saleitems* wrote:

I just want to clarify some of your confusion about those MP dates you are arguing about.

First: you were INVITED TO JOIN managed payments on May 3. 

Second: the June 11th date .......... is the date that if you DON'T share your SSN# and banking details by then, your account will be flagged and you can no longer list NEW items.

Hope this helps.

Glad to know you were paying attention, but I was never confused....maybe just responding to another EB employee who keeps asking the same questions on here.  And I'll keep answering the same questions if they ask.

Message 164 of 248
latest reply

This thread...

a64e77bda76fe45782456f7f112c0bda43c6e6ba_2_395x500.jpeg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 165 of 248
latest reply