cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay agents lied

I sold a ps4 slim about 3 months back , got the payment waited about 2 days then shipped it out via fedex. A day later ebay told me the buyer made a claim with their bank so i freak out and after a day of talking to ebay agents i called fedex to have it returned to me. So now i think ok im out on shipping but ebay said they would refund the selling fees (about 37.00) the agents said itd be about 30 days for the refund. After the month i asked and they said they sent it so i called my bank and nothing.So a few days ago i check now they said yes we sent it but then say its been over 30 days so it outta luck. But then say oh just this once we will refund your fees. ok cool i guess exept no because they lied still have gotten nothing back. i had to pay 30ish for fedex shipping plus the 37ish because ebay cant figure out how to stop buyers doing this plus the account was made the day before the order. ive learned alot from this but had to ask if anyone has had a similar thing happen to them. Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay agents lied

Turns out im an idiot , they took it out when they refunded the buyers bank , to be fair though the agents said i should look for a transaction on the 25 of november , sorry ebay 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Ebay agents lied

Reach out to e-Bay CS on social media for assistance.

https://facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Send them a private message to work to assist you.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

You are missing a few details in your post. What was the reason the buyer opened the chargeback and how did you respond to it? Did you actually act quick enough to get your package back from FedEx? You are out the shipping cost for sure. As for the fees apparently the CC company or bank ruled in the buyers favor on the chargeback and refunded their money. Have you added this buyer to your BBL?

Call in eBay customer support is useless these days you are better off going through the FaceBook connection. There is nothing wrong with the buyer being refunded since they will, I am assuming, receive the item. However you should be able to recover your fees if you push eBay hard enough. Given items like this are high targets for scammers be glad you did not loose the item in the process. I am of course assuming you got it back. There is some seller protection for chargebacks that you may want to read through. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

The phone clerks are not eBay employees.

They are subcontractors, poorly trained and with no authority, stashed somewhere in Utah. They may even be answering consumer calls for several companies. That at least would explain why callers get answers that are completely wrong.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

@reallynicestamps wrote:

They are subcontractors, poorly trained and with no authority, stashed somewhere in Utah.

CS in UT and TX are direct eBay employees.

Outsourced CS are located in Philippines, Colombia, Dublin and possibly other places.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

@new048 wrote:

I sold a ps4 slim about 3 months back , got the payment waited about 2 days then shipped it out via fedex. A day later ebay told me the buyer made a claim with their bank so i freak out and after a day of talking to ebay agents i called fedex to have it returned to me. So now i think ok im out on shipping but ebay said they would refund the selling fees (about 37.00) the agents said itd be about 30 days for the refund. After the month i asked and they said they sent it so i called my bank and nothing.So a few days ago i check now they said yes we sent it but then say its been over 30 days so it outta luck. But then say oh just this once we will refund your fees. ok cool i guess exept no because they lied still have gotten nothing back. i had to pay 30ish for fedex shipping plus the 37ish because ebay cant figure out how to stop buyers doing this plus the account was made the day before the order. ive learned alot from this but had to ask if anyone has had a similar thing happen to them. Thanks

They lie as often as they tell the truth. It's unfortunate but the company doesn't seem to be interested in fixing it.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

"Ebay agents lied"

Oh the humanity!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

They said it was a fraudulent purchase ,and i just talked to ebay then told fedex to send it back to me , i did get my ps4 back luckily. And yes i blocked them.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

Thanks i will.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

Turns out im an idiot , they took it out when they refunded the buyers bank , to be fair though the agents said i should look for a transaction on the 25 of november , sorry ebay 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

Ebay cs agents lie ALL THE TIME! Horrible customer service.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

AN EBAY AGENT LIED TO ME. HE SAID IT HAD BEEN OVER 30 DAYS AND I COULD NOT GET A REFUND. HE CUT ME OFF FROM THE CHAT. EBAY POLICY IS OVER 30 DAYS FROM DELIVERY DATE NOT PURCHASE DATE.  IT HADN'T BEEN EVEN 20 DAYS YET! IDID GET MY REFUND FROM THE SELLER BUT, WHAT A HASSLE. A LOT OF MISSCOMMUNICATION I WAS DEALING WITH CHINA. HE COULD HAVE HELPED ME. WITH LONG SHIPPING TIMES IT LOOKS LIKE A LONG TIME FROM PURCHASE DATE HE WAS WRONG I READ THE EBAY POLICY IT IS DELIVERY DATE THEN COUNT.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Ebay agents lied

@760chasekatie 

You don’t need to talk to an eBay agent to file a claim.  You can open the claim by going to your purchase history and clicking on contact seller /I didn’t receive my item.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply