cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Stop Advertising to me in my Seller Overview Page!!!!

I can't get rid of the idiotic ads that bump my Overview frames over one because Ebay is pushing an ad to enroll in using your seller funds to buy items.  You close it, but every time you come back to the page it loads again!!!!!  

Its not like the 17th time I see it, I will finally enroll.

STOP DOING THIS EBAY!!!!  its harassment, not helpful!

Put it as a message tag in the announcements, don't mess up my entire Seller Overview page!

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Seller Hub Overview page, if that helps.  🙂

Message 31 of 51
latest reply

THIS IS ABUSE BY EBAY NOTHINGMORE - NOTHING LESS

Message 32 of 51
latest reply

EBAY IS SENDING ME OFFERS FROM MY COMPETITORS

You can disable offers to buyers in your communications preferences; then you will not receive those offers.

https://commspreferences.ebay.com/commsprefs

eburtonlab_0-1668884623541.png

Message 33 of 51
latest reply

SOLVED - EVERYONE OPT OUT OF SELLERS HUB

Message 34 of 51
latest reply

Whats annoying about it is you've clicked it once to decline it, amd it goes away.  But every time you come back to the page they ask again.  And again. And again.  Like somehow you are going to be interested in it, you've said no, but its being shoved down your throat and messing up your seller hub overview page.

Probably more annoying if you live on your Seller Hub Overviee page, like I do.

Message 35 of 51
latest reply

Yes this is what I am referring to.

Message 36 of 51
latest reply

I wish I could opt out of this ad.  I only purchase using a credit card which pays me cash back.  Why would I give up that discount? 

Then these same sales funds are transferred into an interest-bearing savings account.  It may be only pennies on the dollar per transaction, but over a year it adds up.

I absolutely have no use for this.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 37 of 51
latest reply

I keep deleting it from my Sellers Hub Overview page, and have also tried moving it to last, but it keeps coming back like a bad rash. It is starting to get annoying. Maybe they could just put it in eBay Messages instead?

Message 38 of 51
latest reply

Use the Comments link at the upper right of the Seller hub.  Complain.  It's generally worthless, but if enough of us do it someone with two working brain cells might listen.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 39 of 51
latest reply

IT'S NOW SHOWING UP ON MY PHONE APP - EBAY THIS IS DISGUSTING

Message 40 of 51
latest reply

@cards_coins_collectibles wrote:

LMAO ADBLOCK AND ADBLOCK PLUS ARE FREE EXTENSIONS IN CHROME, OPERA AND MANY OTHER BROWSERS OTHERWISE JUST GO TO THE ADBLCK WEBSITE AND GET THE FREE DOWNLOAD AND NO MORE ADS - I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW ANYONE COULD USE EBAY WITHOUT AN ADBLOCKER

adblock doesn't work on ebay seller hub overview pages, those "ads" that appear in the overview modules aren't blocked with any ad blocker, they are part of the ebay website and not considered "ads". 

The ads that adblockers block are popups that get when enter a website or webpage. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 41 of 51
latest reply

Maybe if eBay would add a 5%-10% purchase discount I might use my sales funds on eBay...

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

They'd still have to sell what I've been buying lately - gasoline, car repairs, dentist services and a vet bill.  In addition to utilities and groceries.  Not selling those?  OH, then keeping my funds on the site isn't an option. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 43 of 51
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

a good question to this i haven't seen addressed, by using your ebay payable funds to shop on ebay, what happens if someone uses it, returns item etc... does ebay refund your money to your MP? No way to do a charge back, there is no such protections for buying anything if used paypal, credit card, debt card etc... while not saying to do so, what buying protection does one get with using their funds to shop? Scary thing would be them not honoring their MBG cause you didn't use a normal form of payment. 

@nuclearomen - eMBG still applies when using Spendable Funds

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy... 

2022-11-19_15-39-43.jpg

As for refunds and chargebacks:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/spendable-funds?id=5305#section2

Receiving refunds as a buyer
If you receive a refund for an item you paid for using only your spendable funds, we'll credit the entire amount of the refund to your spendable funds.

If you receive a partial refund for an item you paid for with your spendable funds and an additional payment method, we'll credit your additional payment method first, and then your spendable funds will be refunded.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/spending-balance/unrecognized-transactions-with-your-spendable-fun...

Once you've checked and you're certain the purchase wasn’t made or authorized by you or anyone else with access to your account, get in touch to let us know. We’ll ask for some information about the transaction, look into it for you, and get back to you within 10 business days. If it looks like the transaction wasn't authorized, it may be eligible for reimbursement.

We know there's not always time to check every transaction in detail right away, so you can report the transaction within 60 days of the transaction date. When we're looking into it for you, we may ask for more information. If so, we'll let you know what we need and when we need it by.

Message 44 of 51
latest reply

thanks I opted out of everything I could hopefully this makes a difference

Side note: since I posted in the community forum one of these "Rockstar" busy bodies has become a new nuisance watcher on my listings - where does this mental illness and ebay madness end.......

Thanks Again 

Message 45 of 51
latest reply