cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Stop Advertising to me in my Seller Overview Page!!!!

I can't get rid of the idiotic ads that bump my Overview frames over one because Ebay is pushing an ad to enroll in using your seller funds to buy items.  You close it, but every time you come back to the page it loads again!!!!!  

Its not like the 17th time I see it, I will finally enroll.

STOP DOING THIS EBAY!!!!  its harassment, not helpful!

Put it as a message tag in the announcements, don't mess up my entire Seller Overview page!

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Just a suggestion: you can make comments about the sellers hub top right of overview. eBay is completely lacking any respect for their sellers time.

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

We don't have that on our overview, and if it did we wouldn't care as the only reason that we go to the incorrectly named 'seller hub: overview' page is to check the promotional offers count, which as far as we can tell is ONLY shown on the  box incorrectly named overview page. We removed everything else on the page. If the promotional offers was shown/available on let's say the unsold and/or scheduled page[s] - where it should be - we would never go to the overview page.

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

It's wonderful that ebay allows us to use the money we earn from ebay to buy stuff on ebay.

Message 18 of 51
latest reply

They told me I had $0.00 to shop(!).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 51
latest reply

I guess I really don't care. It takes a second to click the x or just ignore it and look at what you wanted to look at. What you have on your seller's landing page is still all there. On a scale of one to ten on how annoying it is it doesn't even rate. 

Message 20 of 51
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Normally where my "tasks" are I now see this... 

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 11.53.36 PM.png

That is the only "ad" I see. Whenever I go to the trouble to arrange the "Overview" page the way I like it, within a few days or so eBay re-arranges it again, usually with this box with an ad somewhere at the top, shuffling everything else after it a notch to the right and/or down.

Message 21 of 51
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

They told me I had $0.00 to shop(!).

@chapeau-noir lol, join the club, story of the week

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 22 of 51
latest reply

This is not an ad blocker style ad.

Ad blockers can do more than just block ads.

Many ad blockers have an element hiding tool that can block all sorts of unwanted page elements by using a point and click interface to create a blocking rule that applies to that page element even if it is not an ad.

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

Just ignore it.  No sense raising your blood pressure.  Look at the ad, cuss at it and go on to whatever you were doing.  Ebay will continue to try to shove their agenda down your throat.  Continue to resist it or ignore unless it's something about a new policy and you need to follow that inorder to sell like when they introduced Managed Payments.    Don't let Ebay frustrate you.  Every day, I see my funds total (under different ID) and I see Ebay asking me if I want to buy something with that money and I %$#& no and continue to do whatever I was going to do at moment.

Message 24 of 51
latest reply

a good question to this i haven't seen addressed, by using your ebay payable funds to shop on ebay, what happens if someone uses it, returns item etc... does ebay refund your money to your MP? No way to do a charge back, there is no such protections for buying anything if used paypal, credit card, debt card etc... while not saying to do so, what buying protection does one get with using their funds to shop? Scary thing would be them not honoring their MBG cause you didn't use a normal form of payment. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 25 of 51
latest reply

If you go to the bottom of the seller hub you will find a box to customize your page click on that and you should be able to move that box to the bottom of the page where you won't see it.

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

eBay is getting desperate for buyers.  They have done a great job at pissing every one off, from buyers to sellers.  Now, the tide is turning.  The stimulus money is gone.  People are just not buying much, with the exception of buying stuff that is really needed, like food, and paying the bills.    

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

LMAO ADBLOCK AND ADBLOCK PLUS ARE FREE EXTENSIONS IN CHROME, OPERA AND MANY OTHER BROWSERS OTHERWISE JUST GO TO THE ADBLCK WEBSITE AND GET THE FREE DOWNLOAD AND NO MORE ADS - I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW ANYONE COULD USE EBAY WITHOUT AN ADBLOCKER

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

UPDATE THE OVERVIEW AD CAME BACK THIS IS EGREGIOUS EBAY HAS REACHED NEW LOWS AND NOW EBAY IS SENDING ME OFFERS FROM MY COMPETITORS AFTER I BROWSE THEIR ADS FOR ONLY SECONDS AND NEVER ADD ANY TO MY WATCH LIST BECAUSE I HATE WATCHERS AND WOULD NEVER BE ONE

Message 29 of 51
latest reply

NOW EBAY WANTS US TO LEAVE ALL OF OUR MONEY ON EBAY AND GIVE IT ALL BACK TO EBAY THIS IS END-OF-TIMES KIND OF CORRUPTION AND ABUSE OF PLATFORM USERS AND I KNOW SOME L OSER FREE SPEECH KILLING MODERATOR IS GOING TO DELETE MY COMMENT BUT I DON'T CARE AS EBAY HAS GONE OFF THE RAILS INTO INSANITY

Message 30 of 51
latest reply