cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Sales completely stopped in last 2 months October 2022

Hello, I have been on ebay for 20 years selling off and on. I opened my ebay stores in 2013 and have been having great sales until the last 2 1/2 years. Sales have been declining slowly and steady for the last year and a half. 2021 and 2022 have been horrible nothing but a downward spiral..

I have done updating, relisting, sell similar, new listings, new pics, updated coded listings, added promo, having sales 10%-15% off. new titles Nothing is giving. 

I know my listings are not being found on the search results. I'm pretty much ghosted even though i can see them myself. No page impressions.. Not to mention china sellers are always at the top of the search results because of multiple never ending new accounts from the  same seller and low prices.

This is it I'm calling it quits as the business has dwindled to $100 dollar weeks. 

I sell industrial filtering media so the demand will be there. I keep reading how online shopping  is down all around ebay, posh, mercari etc. This is an ebay issue.  Looks like they are weeding out sellers quickly.

ebay sent me a message to try the new beta marketing campaign $500 off **bleep**! to get listings at the top of search results. 

Anybody having a similar experience, I would like to hear from you. 

Message 1 of 259
latest reply
258 REPLIES 258

Re: Ebay Sales completely stopped in last 2 months October 2022

@ad2030 

We were where you are, about 45-60 days ago.  We had to take our PLs (promoted listings standard) to 10-12% to get any traction at all/any sales.  We have had to inch that up a little higher on some items to keep the sales coming.

It is stressful and expensive to do the pay to play routine.  And it is REAL what is happening.

All the best to you - hopefully, someone will post who knows more about your category that you sell in.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 259
latest reply

First of all what are sales ??   I have been a seller about the same time as you and I have never experienced anything like this, especially at holiday time. I give up!  Really, nothing works and literally I have no other choice.  Dishonest sellers from China are going to ruin this platform just as they did with Tophatter. Perhaps the horrible economy right now plays a part of this, but truthfully I am baffled.

Message 3 of 259
latest reply

@ad2030 wrote 

ebay sent me a message to try the new beta marketing campaign $500 off **bleep**! to get listings at the top of search results.

Executive bonus time is fast approaching

Message 4 of 259
latest reply

Sounds about right

Message 5 of 259
latest reply

ebays PAY to PLAY.     but  lets be honnest, its also the economy.      inflation, fuel costs, shipping,  and the big one....people no longer have goverment covid money to burn because they are stuck at home.   in fact, rent has gone up,  interest on home loans has gone up, car prices, you name it.... PEOPLE HAVE NO MONEY left.  all goes to bills. (and many are going under water even with just the bills)    biden throws 87,000 IRS agents  onto small businesses so that makes them less inclined to do business.  (and remember, much of sales here on ebay are from businesses BUYING from OTHER BUSINESSES! )     inflation and business's hunkering down.

Message 6 of 259
latest reply

I have the same thing happening to me.  I have only sold 2 items so far this month.

Message 7 of 259
latest reply

opps, to answer your question, (i pulled the plug after 16 years on ebay)  last winter.   no customer support was my main reason.  (but also ebay policies keep changing for the worse)    to me it seems ebay is chasing off smaller sellers  here in the u.s and catering to china sellers.   (its not bad enough that china subsidizes/pays for shipping for them)     how do you compete when you pay 32 dollars to ship and they can do it for free?    thats a BIG ADVANTAGE!    then add in people not paying when they win a auction or buy something.  then add it that they can send you back a empty box and get both your product and their money back.    after a while  the cons out weigh  the pro's.

Message 8 of 259
latest reply

I feel your pain!

I started out with over 1400+ active listing in a Premium Store, sales started 

going down to where it wasn't making any sense to keep paying the Premium Store price. So I

downgraded to a Basic Store, then it went the same way with paying for a Basic, now I'm down to starter

store now. It's gotten so bad this month that even a Basic Store is a waste of money. Sept-Nov. used to be the best months for me for what I have the most up for sale; Jeans!

I've ran steep markdowns, PL's to no avail! 

I had to spend money on a list perfectly cross posting subscription to put things on other platforms & to not lose all the work I put into photo's, measurements & listing descriptions. Stuff is selling

elsewhere & I'm having to come over here & end listings because they sold somewhere else. 

It used to be the opposite in the past when I cross-posted to the other platforms, stuff would sell here before the other platforms, things are off here IMO/experience! 

Message 9 of 259
latest reply

Internet sales are actually up - anywhere from 7.3% (Digital Commerce) to 8.9% (Adobe) - I would be looking to see what and where your competition is because eBay is less and less the only show in town, and not only has the pandemic bounce drizzled away, but market share is shrinking - those sales are moving somewhere.

Try doing searches incognito, also, and see what you find.  eBay tries to personalise search so they won't always show you your own listings unless you're in a very small category.

I've had to revamp what I sell several times over the past two years.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 259
latest reply

Most horrible month for me after 11 years on eBay.  Nothing works (promotion, sales, renewing listings, adding many more listings etc...). Has to be the economy as my sales have gone down month over month over the last 18 months. I'll keep trying but at this point very discouraged I must say. I also think eBay is largely drifting away from its original "mission"  which was America's garage sale.  That what made it so much fun both as a seller and as a buyer.  Let's see what happens over the next few months.  I feel your pain.

Message 11 of 259
latest reply

Let's see what happens over the next few months. I feel your pain.

I personally think: Many wont like what they see happening in the next few months. But i really hope im wrong for everyone's sake

Message 12 of 259
latest reply

I Think EVERYONE should just STOP the pay to play & Let's see what happens!!

Message 13 of 259
latest reply

Way To Many In The Same Or Similar Position!, Frustrating!, Aggravating!!, & SAD!!

Message 14 of 259
latest reply

Yeah I Think Ho Ho Ho, Is Looking More Like Bah Humbug!!, I Also Hope I'M Wrong!!

Message 15 of 259
latest reply