cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Requiring I submit my State Id in order to sell here now. I've been selling for years

Anonymous
Not applicable

It feels so invasive. No eBay I'm not uploading a state ID just so you can be stupidly hacked. 

I don't believe you don't save that info. 

Drawing the line here as a private seller and purchaser goodbye.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Ebay Requiring I submit my State Id in order to sell here now. I've been selling for years

Your state ID might not be as private as you think it is!

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

It's required by law that you prove who you are to the NEW PROCESSOR. It's for them, although contracted with ebay, they are not technically ebay. 

But, don't worry about being hacked and your info out there; it already is with all the places that have already been hacked the past 10 years, including 1 of the 3 Credit Reporting places that has ALL your info all in one convenient file. 

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

And yet all the millions of sellers have done it and we're all selling and making money. Sorry you feel this way, but behind you is a million more subscribing and doing the same.

Good luck wherever you go. 

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Imagine if the 15 million sellers who are staying decided to post messages to announce their intentions. 

This board would be swamped!

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

It feels so invasive. No eBay I'm not uploading a state ID just so you can be stupidly hacked. 

You mean your Drivers License, correct?  Not your State ID to sell?  (We have a State ID assigned to our entity to sell, etc)

If we're talking about a DL, I guess I am not certain what the issue really is?  They want your DL, Bank Account and e-bay account to all match.  This DL thing is a deal breaker for you? 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Believe it or not, there really are some people who object to voluntarily adding yet another opportunity to allow someone to get access to a copy of their personal information.  Is there some reason why they shouldn't have that choice?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Believe it or not, there really are some people who object to voluntarily adding yet another opportunity to allow someone to get access to a copy of their personal information.  Is there some reason why they shouldn't have that choice?

I would have preferred my DL over my bank account.  So the OP is okay with connecting a bank account, but not giving them a DL?  Sorry - that is confusing.  I sell on Amazon - they have had my DL in order to sell there for years, so it was not a deal breaker on here.  Actually surprised it took so long to get to where they are on e-Bay compared with other sites.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

See ya !!!! Tell that to your bank, your drivers license, credit cards, and the other 18 places you had to give you I.D. too also.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Hehehe, be glad it took them so long.  The way they tend to roll things out or institute programs, it seems, more often than not, by the 3rd or 4th try they start to get it right, sometimes.  I'm glad to have been able to miss the headaches of ebay's development and growth.  It is bad enough, for me, just reading about the trials and tribulations through which ebay puts sellers nowadays..

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

I don't believe you don't save that info. Drawing the line here as a private seller and purchaser goodbye.

At least that's a better reason than not wanting to pay your share to the IRS or trying to evade court judgements and child support.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

The OP does have that choice; I don’t see anyone here wanting to take it away. 

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

The same ID you show every time you use your credit card?  The same ID that every Dr, or dentist takes a copy of?  The same ID you show every time you make a deposit?  

You really think any of those transactions are "secure"?  

Buh-bye. 

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, the little green men are after us this time for sure and they have all the yes men on their side.  The empty suits are in charge. There's no getting away from it this time, boy oh boy. I'm so glad I started working on my underground bunker many years ago, it's almost complete, once finished I can spend the rest of my life down there in complete isolation and I won't have to deal with living in fear of myself anymore.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

The departure board is to the left and down the hall, they do require an ID and boarding pass to access that area...

Message 15 of 34
latest reply