cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Please Turn My Store on! Sales Have Stopped.

My sales have been going along just fine, until 5 days ago they have completely stopped, no messages, no offers, no sales!

I can definitely tell when my visibility is off, not just by no sales, I can tell by the “send offer” button on my active listings. When my sales are steady and going well the number of offers I can send out (in other words people who have seen my item and put it on their watch list) goes up daily (sometimes by 10-15). But for the last 5 days that number not changed, which means no one is seeing my items.

And for those of you that are going to come here and tell me my items are the reason, please see the statement above. My sales were fine and then they shut off. (I have multi-quantity listings, so you will not be able to look at my sales numbers.) I'm not having poor sales, but rather NO SALES and no watchers, which is not normal. I understand ebbs and flow of sales, not drop off a cliff, that is not normal.

What the heck is happening?? Something is seriously wrong here. 

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: Ebay Please Turn My Store on! Sales Have Stopped.

The thing I am noticing this month is I am not attracting very many new buyers.  78% of my sales so far this month have been from return buyers.  Thank goodness for return buyers! 

Message 76 of 79
latest reply

I totally agree that there is something wrong here on ebay, what I don't know. My sales are down 67% from last year. Sales this month less than $400.00 Gross. That should be for a one day of sales not a month.

Message 77 of 79
latest reply

Read this thread. It outlines an issue where buyers cannot see items sellers have listed for sale. Something I’ve also encountered as a buyer on multiple occasions when trying to look at different seller’s stores or listings during the past months. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Can-t-see-any-products-for-sale-on-a-specific-sellers-page-eve... 

Listings are in the system on eBay and can be found via search or sometimes show up as sponsored listings or recommendations. But go directly to a seller’s store or try to view all other items and sometimes there’s nothing there. Even though they may actually have thousands of listings.

The methods and intervals sellers items can be accessed seems to vary. Why this occurs I don’t know. 

Make no mistake, everything on this site is being manipulated by algorithms. But even if designed to work a certain way, they don’t always function as intended.

“AI” is still far from the magic solution to everything companies and marketeers often claim it to be. Interesting discussion on this via the link below. 

More Or Less: AI   

14 Feb 2020 (Discussion on AI starts at 21mins 50seconds) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000f7yf

Artificial Intelligence – or AI for short – is often depicted in films in the shape of helpful droids, all-knowing computers or even malevolent ‘death bots’. In real life, we’re making leaps and bounds in this technology’s capabilities with sat-navs, and voice assistants like Alexa and Siri making frequent appearances in our daily lives. So, should we look forward to a future of AI best friends or fear the technology becoming too intelligent? Tim Harford talks to Janelle Shane, author of the book ‘You Look Like a Thing and I Love you’ about her experiments with AI and why the technology is really more akin to an earthworm than a high-functioning ‘death bot’. 

Message 78 of 79
latest reply

AI depends pretty much on the developers who write it, who are generally narrow-sector trained people with limited experience - it's why it so often gives hilarious results in wider applications.  This is cited over and over in tech circles, but nothing much changes.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 79 of 79
latest reply