cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay? Not after this nightmare

I started with auctioning three items. I promptly shipped the items. All buyers recieved their items . A small amount of money was released and very slowly It seeped through the paypal waiting process for it to finally become available from my local bank, but not enough to even cover the shipping costs. I quite literally have no food because I didn't plan on being ripped off.

Most of the money has been "Pending" on one site or another for two weeks. I have called pay pal and they never return a call.

I understand the exuse of stealing your money from you for weeks is to "make sure it all went well" , well there is + feedback and I've contacted the buyer to make sure he was / is happy. He made two seperate statements trying to help me out , saying he was happy, I shipped fast and packed, well, "good Item" . I can send screenshots to any email address I of anyone who mite listen.

No matter. I feel I have been ripped off at this point and have never been so angry. I have no re course. I suppose I will have to refund the buyer and ask for my property back because pay pal doesn't like to actually pay their "customers" . No one that works for a living gets their money "held up" for day and days on end.

I will throw everything I have in the trash before I got through another ordeal like this. Where is my money ebaypaypal? This is not he action of any pal except those of organized crime.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Ebay? Not after this nightmare

I can see why pay pal or ebay may be holding your funds & don't return your calls if you use this same attitude toward them.  It's not our fault or ebays fault or pay pals fault if you can't afford food to eat.  A seller who needs the $$ NOW so they can eat is NOT a good risk for either ebay or pay pal.

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

@rodnedau_0 wrote:

No one that works for a living gets their money "held up" for day and days on end.

I will throw everything I have in the trash before I got through another ordeal like this. Where is my money ebaypaypal? This is not he action of any pal except those of organized crime.

I work for a living and don't get paid for up to 19 days after the first day I work in a pay period...

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

Forget it

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

I *finally* was able to get through to someone at PP customer service after waiting about two hours on a call back . None one was ignoring me, because I was never rude to anyone. I suppose they are so busy that callback can't or doesn't happen when they are slammed. No matter.

The rep seemed to know before hand about the tracking mix up and just had to check a box, I didn't even have to say much. I think they just wanted to hear me say "Yes, I am sorry there was a slight tracking mix up that I straightened out with Ebay, and they suggested I call you as well" ... I just could not get through for five days, thus my frustration.

The rep said the funds were released. I hung up the phone, refreshed the page and there it is.

Now that I've learned the hard way I mite feel comfortable enough to start small again once I get a supply of boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and whatever else. Make fun of me if you want , but there were some life lessons learned here, and not just the obvious ones.

Many Thanks to those that offered help and support,

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

OP,

While reading this thread, I was feeling so bad for you.  😞

I was so happy to read that your $$ finally got released.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Tammy

New Hampshire

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

So wonderful to hear your funds were released!! Yay!! Hopefully you won't have other issues you have to come to these boards for, as you can see that no matter what the problem there are always those who just love to bash you and ignore the issue. I guess it makes them feel more important! This is why I rarely visit these boards anymore.

I wish you the best OP! I'm outta these boards for now!
Message 51 of 52
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sodelight wrote:
Considering all your pkgs show delivery over 10 days ago there's no reason paypal should still have a hold on these funds! The +4 on the zip code shouldn't make any difference, it's the main zip code they go by which is the same.

I feel frustrated for you, you have done what your supposed to. Boardees on here who are being critical of your listings or how you shipped are sidestepping the point. Shipping a different method than stated makes no difference in release of funds once the pkg shows delivered. It may matter to a buyer, but that's irrelevant to the point of post. The OP came here looking for advice on how to get their funds released, they've clearly proven items were received and it's well past the 3 or even 7 day post delivery time for funds release.

Perhaps Trinton@ebay.com can offer some advice on how OP can get their deserved monies.

If you haven't already done so, ask for a US Supervisor the next time you phone paypal.

Hey everyone, just want to step in and clarify that while typically funds are released three days after confirmed delivery, they can be held for longer for a variety of other reasons if PayPal has concerns with the transaction. Though reaching out to PayPal to double check this hold is a good first step, they would not be able to manually release a hold that is placed by eBay. While I understand wanting to get your funds as soon as possible, funds availability is a protection we have in place for new sellers to ensure that the money is available to them should an issue arise with the sale. Given time, this will no longer apply to your account and you can typically get your funds right away. If for some reason these funds are not realeased after 21 days from payment, contacting customer service can help get this resolved.

Message 52 of 52
latest reply