cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay? Not after this nightmare

I started with auctioning three items. I promptly shipped the items. All buyers recieved their items . A small amount of money was released and very slowly It seeped through the paypal waiting process for it to finally become available from my local bank, but not enough to even cover the shipping costs. I quite literally have no food because I didn't plan on being ripped off.

Most of the money has been "Pending" on one site or another for two weeks. I have called pay pal and they never return a call.

I understand the exuse of stealing your money from you for weeks is to "make sure it all went well" , well there is + feedback and I've contacted the buyer to make sure he was / is happy. He made two seperate statements trying to help me out , saying he was happy, I shipped fast and packed, well, "good Item" . I can send screenshots to any email address I of anyone who mite listen.

No matter. I feel I have been ripped off at this point and have never been so angry. I have no re course. I suppose I will have to refund the buyer and ask for my property back because pay pal doesn't like to actually pay their "customers" . No one that works for a living gets their money "held up" for day and days on end.

I will throw everything I have in the trash before I got through another ordeal like this. Where is my money ebaypaypal? This is not he action of any pal except those of organized crime.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Ebay? Not after this nightmare

DeliveredDeliveredDeliveredDeliveredand Deliveredand Delivered

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

@rodnedau_0 wrote:

I set all this up with the  assumtion I would be able to ship once the auction was done and the buyer payed, that I would be payed. I was not aware that is was totally "out of pocket" .. "till we trust you" . I didn't know I was walking into a buzz saw.  I read FAQs and boards and I read all I could, the only way I was going to learn this process was to try to set it up and go through with it 

If you had read the user agreement you signed, it  would have told you that any seller on the site is subject to PayPal holds, and "selling history" is one of the first factors listed.  In fact, the part about holds is even broken out into its own section in the user agreement called ... "Holds".  

If you still did not understand your money might be held, holds, you could have searched "Holds" using the "Help & Contact" link at the top of every page.  It would have taken you to a page explaining the hold policy in detail: 

eBay payment hold for new sellers

While you establish your selling track record, funds from buyer payments may be delayed. Generally, holds stay on until 7 days after the estimated delivery date or 3 days after confirmed delivery. If there's a problem or a case after the delivery, another hold will be placed until the case is resolved. 

You'll be considered an established seller once:

- It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
- You've had more than 25 transactions and more than $250 in sales

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

OP, 

Pictures on the UPS and USPS website only show that the items were delivered. They do not indicate that eBay or PayPal know about that delivery.

What does the delivery status show when you access the tracking through the eBay site? 

I understand that you claim that you provided the tracking information to eBay and PayPal in a timely and correct manner, but let's face it - your own posts on this thread have indicated you are not very good at figuring out how eBay works 🙂

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

Ebay was easy to get on the phone and the tracking number mix up was straightened out easily and quickly, Pay pal though, they basically don't have customer service. They told me I mite want to try to talk to Pay Pal about the tracking numbers but after Wenesday or so, as I have said, Pay pal will not return a call to me.

Someone asked me what I see when I log into my pay pal account, I see "176.00$ 'Pending""  No date of when or if it will be released

"What does the delivery status show when you access the tracking through the eBay site? "

It says exactly what it should say, all delivered. Ebay customer support understood that all was fine and released it to pay pal over a week ago. That's when it all went South with no communication, or even a hint how long I will be "pending"

"I understand that you claim that you provided the tracking information to eBay and PayPal in a timely and correct manner, but let's face it - your own posts on this thread have indicated you are not very good at figuring out how eBay works Smiley Happy"

That's pretty funny, thanks for the thought, glad you found some ammusement in this. I certainly am laughing myself to death

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

If you had a scale and a printer & printed your own shipping labels pay pal would release the funds needed to print those labels.  Then again, being so far off on shipping quotes they may not have released that much. 

I ship over the counter at the post office too BUT I've been selling for over 17 years so my funds are released to me immediately & I have a constant flow of money.  I guesstimate shipping~~after all these years I just pick up something and know almost exactly what it's going to cost to ship.  I just shipped out a camping coffee maker this morning~~I quoted $12.00 shipping and it cost me $11.30  so I made 70 cents.  Sometimes I may lose a few bucks but it's no big deal.

I know it's a letdown when you sell something and expect to have access to the $$ right away but ebay has to protect themselves and the buyers.  They do that by holding your money until they know the buyer has actually received their item and are happy with it.  They will be doing that for some time to come until you have proven yourself to their satisfaction.  It's your decision if you can afford to keep selling here.  You will have to keep funds free to cover shipping until ebay starts releasing your funds to you immediately which is quite a ways off yet.

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

@sodelight wrote:
Can you post a screenshot of the tracking showing when it was delivered. I only ask, since some aren't believing paypal wouldn't release your funds within 3 days.

I must say I've never had paypal hold times over an hour. Never been more than a few minutes! Would never expect them to phone back.

I'm really sorry your dealing with this. DO NOT ask your buyers to return the items though, this will do no good. You may want to file a San Jose BBB complaint.

I called Pay Pal yesterday and they said " The wait times are 1 hours and 14 minutes IF you would like Us to call You back press ? You will Not loose Your place in the line. I did NOT press ? for A call back, I got a CS within 2 minutes. Yes, I have always found Pay Pal to be helpful. They have looked things up for me and given me advice. (on Settings) Smiley Wink

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

Did.You.Add.The.Tracking.Numbers.To.The.Transactions.IN.PAYPAL?

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

Unless this has changed, seller's cannot close their account for six (6) months after the last transaction.  My other selling account that I closed, I had to wait the six (6) months. 

IDK about PP 😞  I've never had funds held w/PP maybe because I had the account prior to PP doing so.  

@rodnedau_0 - wishing you the best and hope that things work out for you insofar as your PP funds 

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@grasshopperx wrote:

WHAT??????? did  I  read that right???? If you dont upload tracking? your funds are held 21 days? SERIOUSLY? we have been on here 20 years, and always just do the tracking anyway. If I knew that, I would have been FURIOUS. Is that true?  Unbelievble if that is true. What a Riot this site has become with all  their strict policies. Why dont they mind their own business and get back to their job. Which would be have a decent functioning site. Which it is not.

Overreact much?

Not only do they overreact, they overexagerate. Since when does 2002 equal 20 yrs., more like 15. I get a kick out of all the sellers that love to claim they've been here 20 years or more, when simple math proves that to be untrue. If they exagerate that, why would anyone believe what they say in their listings.

Paypal had no choice but to implement the hold on payments, as sellers can also be scammers, collecting monies, cashing out and never shipping a thing!

Message 39 of 52
latest reply

OP's listings are a little sketchy as well~~it worked when I put it in the closet 10 years ago/it worked when I took it out of the closet 10 years ago, etc.. 

Message 40 of 52
latest reply

Considering all your pkgs show delivery over 10 days ago there's no reason paypal should still have a hold on these funds! The +4 on the zip code shouldn't make any difference, it's the main zip code they go by which is the same.

I feel frustrated for you, you have done what your supposed to. Boardees on here who are being critical of your listings or how you shipped are sidestepping the point. Shipping a different method than stated makes no difference in release of funds once the pkg shows delivered. It may matter to a buyer, but that's irrelevant to the point of post. The OP came here looking for advice on how to get their funds released, they've clearly proven items were received and it's well past the 3 or even 7 day post delivery time for funds release.

Perhaps Trinton@ebay.com can offer some advice on how OP can get their deserved monies.

If you haven't already done so, ask for a US Supervisor the next time you phone paypal.
Message 41 of 52
latest reply

"Did.You.Add.The.Tracking.Numbers.To.The.Transactions.IN.PAYPAL?"

Yes, immediately after I dropped the items off. Days before the items arrived. All the tracking numbers are in Pay Pal's system and are in Ebay's system, I updated both. They and all say "delivered" when you click on them

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

Possibly @Anonymous can help you.

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

"OP's listings are a little sketchy as well~~it worked when I put it in the closet 10 years ago/it worked when I took it out of the closet 10 years ago, etc..  "

I see how this works. Now we're starting with assumptions. The Amiga that worked when I stored it, and worked again when I got it back out ten years later, is fuctioning right now at the buyers house.

I've talked to the buyer extensively , he's happy with it. He left positive feedback.

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

Feeback from the buyer of the item

feedback.jpg

Message 45 of 52
latest reply