cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Not Allowing My Sale to Germany. Glitch???

I have a buyer in Germany who wants to buy an RC Porsche car from me. He asked if I shipped to Germany and I said yes I do. (I have sold to India and the Netherlands). Buyer did BIN and got a message saying I did not ship to Germany. I checked my settings and am enrolled in international shipping. I talked to an Ebay rep yesterday, he checked my settings and did not understand why it wasn't working. He said he would forward it to someone to look at but it might take some time. He suggested I end and relist similar which I did. I informed buyer to try again but to no avail. Buyer sent me screen shots that say "Unfortunately buyer does not ship to Germany. Update your shipping address and try again." Another screen shot he sent me says "There's a problem with one of your items. To complete your order, go to checkout and update your shipping address." And the last screen shot under shipping reads "Ask Seller For Shipping Quote." 

Has anyone else ran into this? If so how was it resolved? Would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

What's the item number?

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

EIS may not ship this item to Germany. 

just because you are signed up with EIS doesn’t mean the item is available to ship to certain countries.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

It still shows it doesn't ship to Germany.

It might be the item itself.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Thanks. When I look up countries Germany is one that shows up and is not excluded. 

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

355283592972 is the item number. 

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Thanks (Good name btw) That is odd.  -Ken

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Germany is not in the list that EIS will ship to for that RC Porche. 
United Kingdom is also not on the list that EIS ships to for the same item.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Thanks ebook. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do?

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

EDIT My bad. Germany is not showing up. (I'd swear it was listed on my previous listing before I ended and did sell similar)

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

There’s nothing you can do it may be a customs or export issue. 

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

@fastkc wrote:

Thanks (Good name btw) That is odd.  -Ken

The camera package you have listed, it won't ship to Germany either.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@fastkc wrote:

@fastkc 

Germany is not listed in the "Ships to" on that listing 😞

I also looked at other RC cars for sale --- none of them show shipping to Germany.  There must be some sort of restriction on them.

penguins_dont_fly_0-1702506555309.png

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Thanks. I took a look at the item along with another one of your items. The following item that you recently sold would have shipped to Germany through the EIS program however it is not a RC vehicle. 

dbfolks166mt_1-1702506776037.png

dbfolks166mt_2-1702506792640.png

I initially thought it may have been the batteries word in the description on the RC unit but it will ship to a LOT of other countries through EIS. 

dbfolks166mt_3-1702506955630.png

When you list items and are using EIS behind the scenes EIS has some filters in place that take into account import laws, customs.............  that individual sellers may not have full access to. I am going to assume, since it will ship to a LOT of other countries, there is a key word in the listing that EIS is picking up regardless of what other words are in the listing. Since Porsche is based in Germany I am taking a wild guess that may be what is excluding it. You could try simply listing it as a remote control car and not using the word Porsche and see if that fixes the problem for the potential buyer. There are other things that would have to be worked out but this may help you nail down the problem. 

You could also simply specify your own direct shipping for the listing and send it directly in essence bypassing the EIS program. I believe some buyers that are using EIS are specifying their own shipping methods due to some of the size and weight limits in EIS. 

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Looked at a few of their listings and everyone that the item requires a battery, will not ship to Germany.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 34
latest reply