cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay No Longer requires Buyer Return Item for Full Refund

I will sum this up because it's bizarre and I've never heard of it happening before, even after reading this forums daily.   I have caught an Ebay employee committing and facilitating mail fraud as the ebay employee themselves used a fake tracking # or no tracking # at all.    

Summary:

A.  Buyer wants to return item because he orders the wrong item, but picks INAD so I have to pay for the shipping. 

B.  Two weeks pass, suddenly and somehow the buyer without returning the item opens a case against me.

C.  Ebay rules that the buyer must return the item to me for a refund.   Ebay provides me with no tracking # so I can track this.

D.   2 weeks pass, ebay sends a message "The tracking # shows delivered, we have refunded the buyer"

Little did ebay know, I have a nice new service (in my area maybe some of you had this for a while) called informed delivery.  Basically the instant someone tries to return something to me, the post office instantly has record of it and tells me when it'll be delivered to my house.   My last 10 returns are all on there, this one isn't, because the ebay employee used no, or a fake tracking #, to facilitate mail fraud with the buyer to help them get their money back.

My solutions so far are as follows:

A.  Ebay's criminal support staff committed mail fraud, therefor I reported them to the feds (this will do nothing)

B.  Writing up a nice complaint for the BBB since ebay's support staff now engages in federal crimes. (won't do anything either)

C.  I have a pile of stuff to still list on ebay, but the $427,000 in parts I just got back from picking up in Indianapolis will get listed on Ebay's competitors websites.   That'll cost Ebay around $70,000 in fees, while their competitors will be getting $70,000 in fees.

D.  I met with my employees/staff and we all agreed that no more new items purchased past today will be sold on ebay, but rather on Ebay's competitors websites, since ebay's support staff now engage in criminal activities.    This will cost Ebay an undisclosed amount, but will be higher than what it costs them in item C over time.   I sure hope it was worth losing about $500,000 in fees over a $30 grommet.

Here's the pictorial evidence showing Ebay is the ones violating federal law, not the buyer:

buyer refuses to return for 2 weeks, then i get this messagebuyer refuses to return for 2 weeks, then i get this message

Two more weeks pass after first picture, then i get this message, no tracking # was ever provided.Two more weeks pass after first picture, then i get this message, no tracking # was ever provided.

Since Ebay's support staff is now engaging in criminal activity again me, I refuse to talk to them as I don't engage with people committing felonies.  I won't sign up for Facebook just to talk to ebay, so I'm taking it there is nowhere left to go on this other than arbitration right?  I talked to a lawyer friend yesterday, we both don't think it's worth going to arbitration over a $30 item, but then again, Ebay has really **bleep** me off this time so maybe I will I'm not sure yet.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Ebay No Longer requires Buyer Return Item for Full Refund

Did the Ebay employee get fired? After all the OP says it was an Ebay employee who stole the OP's item. Did CS feel sorry for the OP and give the OP a curtesy refund?

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

@heavenly233 wrote:

This thread should be close and dismissed. Seller have already solved the case. Ebay have sided with seller and admits they were in the wrong.

As you seem to have set yourself up as a moderator here - perhaps you can work out how to close the thread..........

Oh and thanks for posting LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 32 of 41
latest reply

@heavenly233 wrote:

Informed or not. Your answer does not provide any valuable solution the problem. Bottom line, package was never ever delivered. Ebay agrees , so he wins his case.

Real sellers have been through similar things. Mistakes happen, hopefully eBay clears it up for this guy but they don't always do the right thing when it comes to sellers.

Buyers rejoice to see this poor guy getting taken. You can see it all over here.

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

As you seem to have set yourself up as a community guide here - perhaps you can work out how to actually help someone rather than trying to mock people. 

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

Uh-huh. Meanwhile . . .

Just noticing you've posted useless information that isn't beneficial to anyone.

Interesting coincidence.

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

@tenoem wrote:

As you seem to have set yourself up as a community guide here - perhaps you can work out how to actually help someone rather than trying to mock people. 

As my reply was not made to you, but to another poster, as was evidenced in my reply,

Capture.JPG

not sure why the angst towards me.

Glad it was sorted out and you are were repaid.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

I'm so glad it worked out for you! I've never had to deal with a mess like this. May I ask, what finally worked for you, as far as contacting them? thanks!

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

@tenoem wrote:

Uh-huh. Meanwhile . . .

Just noticing you've posted useless information that isn't beneficial to anyone.

Interesting coincidence.

Oh, I think plenty of people reading this thread will have found that very interesting . . .

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

@heavenly233 wrote:

This thread should be close and dismissed. Seller have already solved the case. Ebay have sided with seller and admits they were in the wrong.

Actually, they probably just gave the a courtesy refund.

Nowhere do they admit they were wrong.

"I automatically accept returns, as soon as a buyer opens it it's accepted."  Well there you go, since you AUTOMATICALLY accept returns, EBay employees aren't involved.  So how are they cheating you?  One thing for certain, since you automatically accept returns, you did not win a case.  

Message 40 of 41
latest reply

Actually @tenoem is correct about informed delivery. I too have been using it for years and anytime there is a package with tracking that is being shipped to my house will show expected delivery date and each time the package is scanned just like you can track a package on ebay you can track a package on informed delivery. Unfortunately you are providing the misinformation on this issue.

Message 41 of 41
latest reply