cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay LIES About FREE Shipping Supplies. I was billed for them

I just ordered my FREE shipping supplies from ebay.  With an Ebay Store I qualify for $50 of FREE shipping supplies.  I ordered my boxes, inserted my COUPON CODE and had a $0.00 showing as what I owed.  HOWEVER, I just checked my paypal account and I was billed $45.64 for those FREE shipping supplies.  That is fraud. That is a lie. I should not have money deducted from my account for FREE supplies or is that FEE supplies.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm glad you sorted it out, maybe you should mark that post solved since you sorted it out in Paypal for those that missed it.

I'm happy it all worked out correctly for you. 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 27 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

They do that with "free listings"   too

Their definion of  "free" is abstract at best.

Ask the buyer, ask CSR......... someone will be paying, and guess who that someone shall be?

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

I followed the instruction in the email ebay sent to me. It was not the same as the page you sent.
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Did you open the PayPal transaction? It should show the amount then the coupon.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

It will show in your Pay Pal account, but did they actually charge you for the supplies?

Have a great day
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Here's a screen capture from several past Quarters when I used my free shipping supplies coupon:

1-ebay-Shipping supplies coupon use.PNG

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

Here's a screen capture from several past Quarters when I used my free shipping supplies coupon:

1-ebay-Shipping supplies coupon use.PNG

I bet OP didnt know what a minus sign meant : |

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

eBay didn't lie.

PayPal is just bad at how it shows the transaction to the customer.

We can't think of PayPal as we think of a bank statement or credit card statement, which would show the amout WE PAID from our own money for any transaction, net of the coupons, on the "Statement"

PayPal does it differently,  as shown above.  

On our PayPal summary page, it shows how much money the merchant (ebay shipping supplies dba Bascom) got for the transaction.  The total value of the transaction.  What you paid + the coupon. 

It is confusing unles we remember that PayPal just shows these things differently on the "statement" or account overview page. 

typos courtesy of Lithium

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Did the balance in your account go down?

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

@electronicspart wrote:

I just ordered my FREE shipping supplies from ebay.  With an Ebay Store I qualify for $50 of FREE shipping supplies.  I ordered my boxes, inserted my COUPON CODE and had a $0.00 showing as what I owed.  HOWEVER, I just checked my paypal account and I was billed $45.64 for those FREE shipping supplies.  That is fraud. That is a lie. I should not have money deducted from my account for FREE supplies or is that FEE supplies.

LMAO.

Man LOL

Where's the "hot head exploding emoticon" when you need it?

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

If you were indeed charged for the supplies, you might want to consider that you didn't do something properly.  I've gotten the supplies at no cost since they first were offered.  I do recall the first time I tried to use the coupon I had done something wrong (didn't sign in to paypal or something) and it wasn't taking the coupon.  After I did that, it worked fine.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

As I understand the word FREE, it means NO CHARGE. If that is the case, paypal should not be involved in the transaction at all.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

OK, by default my paypal account does not show balances.  I see a deduction from the box company $46 (rounded off).  it is minus $46, (-$46.00)  that means it was deducted from my account.  

I then clicked to see all activity with balances.  It appear that ebay depostited $46 into my account and then the box company took our the $46.  So, I did break even and did get free boxes, but in a very convoluted fashion.

So, this is still not FREE shipping supplies in the normal sense of the word, but it works out that way.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply