cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Decides to add best offer to my items. Very annoying.

When I have a 3.00 or 4.00 dollar item and ebay decides to add BEST OFFER makes me want to remove all of my items. I can not always remove it before a buyer makes offer then I am giving it away. I have to take time to remove the BEST OFFER. ANNOYING

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Ebay Decides to add best offer to my items. Very annoying.

sometimes its difficult to turn off "best offer" from the website, but can be turned off using Ebay app. Try this if you haven't.

If offer somehow still stays on, set the minimum offer price very high so that you can just sell it if somebody makes the offer. 

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

best, from what I've read they're also adding Best Offers to some auctions now. Nothing like thinking your selling price is going to go up and Ebay is suggesting to buyers that it should actually go down.

Oh and I don't think anyone is arguing your decision to use Best Offer. We just don't think it's ethical for Ebay to add it for you.

I agree with you 110% on that!

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

It's about to change again.

And the same on all the other online sales marketplaces.

They are changing both the Advanced and Regular Listing Tool to MANDATE that Sellers

A) place a Make Offer option in their listings.

B) take the Lowest Offer therein

C) provide Free Shipping

whether they like it or not.

A is the reverse of the old `Report Seller for Excessive Price' button they took out.

B is for the same reason as A

C is the reverse of the old `Report Seller for Excessive Shipping' they took out and because other Sellers are complaining that their listings aren't featured because they don't offer Free Shipping.

So because

1 nobody will buy X for over Y total/fees and costs exceed value of item

2 shipping is still a cost of doing business

3 a small handful of people put a low price and then gouge buyers on shipping

means either people are going to be

A) using the items in question for their face value

B) thrift shops and other offline sales marketplaces quality of donations is going to be severely increased from everybody that is leaving Amazon eBay Craigslist Bonanza Etsy etc etc etc since what one does the others have to do in order to avoid mass migration.

1) which won't be able to sell anything after the first year or so after everybody catches up to all these new rules

2) who will as a result have to restrict donations since there won't be any flippers to clean them out anymore

3) dumpster fees are on the rise meaning the THRIFT SHOP will lose money same as all of us

4) landfill/carbon footprint/sending materials to impoverished countries for child laborers to deconstruct back into their base materials

means it's going to be generally just as worse for the planet as it is for all of us.

Trouble is - the attitude at eBay when everybody says they are leaving over the new rules (whatever and whenever they be) is one gigantic shrug. They have the rest of the world that doesn't have these kinds of societal business or social rstrictions - so even if they had to close out operations in the U.S./Canada entirely - it wouldn't even be a blip on their income charts and wouldn't bother them in the slightest.

Welcome to the new online marketplace.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

I agree 100%. It’s very annoying and a hassle explaining to the buyer eBay listed as best offer. Ebays new policies over the past year have taken the enjoyment out of selling for me. I only have about 400 sells. I’d take pleasure in listing elsewhere when an alternative is available. And yes it does seem like they change this randomly in the middle of the night. I can only imagine what a hassle this is for a larger seller.
Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 35 of 35
latest reply