cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Buyer Courtesy Refund 8 days after case opened -- no Seller defect?

Buyer purchased.  Package mailed out same day (I opted to upgrade shipping to Priority Mail at my cost).  Tracking shows delivered 3 days later.

11 days later an ebay case is opened that Buyer didn't receive the package.  The Buyer added a note that they've been in contact with the post office and have been unable to resolve this.

I called their post office and spoke with the postmaster who remembers delivering it, and confirmed that she has been in touch with the intended recipient, and also has checked with their neighbor regarding the missing package.   The postmaster was very nice and helpful, but basically she said she doesn't know what happened to the package.

I called ebay CS, and since I had input the tracking number, the CS said she could close the case right away.  I asked the CS what would happen to the Buyer, because after speaking with the postmaster I do believe the Buyer never received the package. 

Sorry for the long lead-in, but here is my question: 

The CS said that on the 8th day after the case has been opened, the Buyer can call ebay, and they will receive a One-Time Courtesy Refund on their purchase.  There will be NO DEFECT or anything else that's BAD on my Seller account.

So is all of that information from the CS correct?

Thank you in advance for any info!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ebay Buyer Courtesy Refund 8 days after case opened -- no Seller defect?

Yes, that is all correct.  If the buyer hasn't abused the system, in most cases, eBay will give a courtesy refund.  This isn't on you, but I do credit you for your empathy towards the customer.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

wrote:

Yes, that is all correct.  If the buyer hasn't abused the system, in most cases, eBay will give a courtesy refund.  This isn't on you, but I do credit you for your empathy towards the customer.  

Thank you very much for your help, bassfish71!!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That was good of you to go out of your way to try to help the buyer.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 4 of 4
latest reply