cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Bullying

Over a few months, I have been selling on eBay.    I am still learning this system but would like to know what to do about with particular buyers.   There are a few buyers out there who are also long-time sellers who understand how to work the system very well. They become aggressive, and if there is a slight miscommunication, they become angry and give you negative feedback.  On my side, I incorrectly put the weight of a pretty heavy piece weighing 22 lbs.  Instead, I put 12 lbs, and the shipping label was also a media label, which I have been told my item is not media and only 11.00 shipping was paid.     I mailed the item anyway, even though I may have to pay about 30.00 more for the shipped item.    Now, I have learned to double and triple-check my items when I list.    But in the meantime, I feel bullied somehow by an experienced eBay seller who was already aware of this error in the first place.  I want to avoid these aggressive individuals who don't want to abide by authenticity and integrity.  My item was already at a reduced price.    I have taken a hit on this item, plus negative feedback, and have requested to get this removed, but it is difficult just dealing with a virtual assistant and not being able to explain myself to a live person.   I am a senior citizen just trying to minimize and trying to learn computer skills, amongst other things.   Any advice would be appreciated on how to deal with the perception of what I call Ebay Bullies?   My inner instinct was not to mail this item.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Ebay Bullying

Yes. Thank you. But it's important for a new seller to be aware of all the ins and outs of shipping so doing a calculated estimate on USPS helps to answer that and avoid surprises.  I recently got a surprise when shipping a personal package in one of those 24" square tubes sold by the post office.  I have done this multiple times with a lightweight item so usual cost is around $5.  I about blew my top when they wanted $9+ for a 5 oz item in one of those boxes!  Turns out they instituted a new rule last summer I didn't know about.  Anything in that shipping category over 22" has additional cost.  Always learning on shipping!

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

@sunstarandmoonshop wrote:

Yes I am selling as a pair the items you mentioned.    I will adjust my quantity.  So wonderful for all these tips.  Thanks You and to all who have replied.   

Okay, assuming we are talking about your "Vintage Blue Cornflower Corning Ware Casserole Dishes W/Lids - 1 Big and 1 Sm" (here), you're still showing that you have a maximum of 2 lots available (where each lot comprises one Big and one Small casserole dish with lid). If someone decides to buy 2 instead of just one, they will be expecting a total of four casseroles, not two.

You need to go back into your listing, find the "Quantity" setting of 2, and back it down to 1. I would also suggest adding a photo that shows the two casserole dishes sitting side-by-side, so that there is no confusion over what is being sold here in a single purchase. Good luck.

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

The same as blocking a customer, Everyone has a user name, You block that user whether customer or seller, I think the other speaks for itself their are problematic customers & sellers, I hope this is clear enough

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

you are correct in those facts😁

I was just clarifying that the 12" was not a factor as presented 😁

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

You Kidding Me?

You listed a "media" item weighing 22 pounds and you declared a weight of 12 pounds and the item is not a media item? What kind of media item weighs 22 pounds? You need to be accurate with your listings. 

I like your listings. Same type of items I am selling. Good luck but be mindful of every detail regarding eBay selling. 

I'm old too. With age comes wisdom.

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

The same as blocking a customer, Everyone has a user name, You block that user whether customer or seller, I think the other speaks for itself their are problematic customers & sellers, I hope this is clear enough

You're making this sound like you're blocking a seller, as in you can't buy from them. That's not what's happening. 

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

Hello - I know you have been given a ton of information already and it can sometimes be over whelming but I noticed something that you may want to consider. I looked at the feedback you have left for others. You have only left 4 feed backs total and 2 of them are negatives. Alot of people look at this screen to see what kind of a person they are dealing with. When 50% of what you say about others is negative, What message do you thinks that sends ? I'm a senior also and I learned some things in life that can go along way. If I haven't got something nice to say about someone then I say nothing. Treat others as how you would want to be treated. You made quite a few purchases on eBay that I assume you were happy with some of them. What would be wrong with going back and leaving some Nice feedback with those you liked what they did.  I know you know how to be nice as your comments to your negatives were very well written. Remember we all tend to get back what we give out. Mistakes happen all the time for all of us.  To error is human. Customer service is how we fix the mistakes we make.  

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Your blocking them from buying from you as well

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

No, making it so they can't buy from me

Message 39 of 39
latest reply