cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPIRED KIDS OTC MEDICATION???

Hi, Is the first time I post here ...I hope everyone is safe & healthy... Can I rant a bit Plz??

How frustrating is seeing SO MANY sellers selling medication expired like is nothing!!

I went to get my moms Omeprazole a pack of 4 bottles 19.99, Ok great price  so as im reading the listing 

this 4Packs Expired on 2016!!! 2016!!! I read 2016 & had an Automatic Ulcer in my brain (yea Im a Dramatic one)

Anyways,,, so I went to browse in the store & found a Bulk of condoms *Open Box Exp.2014!  he's  responsible 

for probably 35% of STD's outthere Because he have sold over 25 boxes!! Isnt This Ilegal? As much as I want to do something about it, I realized that all I can do is report the listings, but at the end of the day, this people keep making money at the expense of other people health including kids/ Children Cough Medicine expired on 2015!

I will definitely develop premature finger arthritis reporting these idiots, and the sad part is that it doesn't matter matter how much you report , they still allowed to sell'em. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: EXPIRED KIDS OTC MEDICATION???

To sell them on eBay violates eBay policy in addition to it being illegal.  Based on being married to a hospital pharmacist for nearly 50 years, I'm willing to say that one should never take or administer outdated meds.

Don't forget to dispose of any outdated meds properly.  Don't just dump them down the drain or flush them.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Safer than you’d think, but loses its effectiveness as it ages out

But illegal

You should teport

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

That is disgusting to sell items like those after they expired,  You should continue to report them. Not sure if it is illegal but definitely not a good thing for ebay to allow such a thing.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

A report from a single member is unlikely to get much attention.

Becausse the member may be a vigilante, a competitor or just plain wrong.

EBay does pull reported listings-- but usually when there have been multiple reports from multiple members.

As a seller yourself you can understand why eBay doesn't want to waste much time on possibly incorrect reports.

I agree that selling out of date medications and other health items is irresponsible and possibly dangerous. Not only will they not be as effective (although they are unlikely to actually be dangerous) but latex deteriorates with age. That's an 18 years of child support case waiting to happen.

Never be afraid to report something that feels wrong to you. If eBay is getting multiple reports they may be doing something about it that you don't know about.

It would be helpful if Reporters were notified when a reported listing was taken down. While it might encourage vigilantes, it would also give honest members more confidence in  the site.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I don't quite get what 'safer than you think" is because if in fact as you stated it loses effectiveness as it age out, that means that those Omeprazole pills Expired on 2016 4 Pack A person with  GERD buy it , take daily as normal, the pills so old it wont actually fully treat the disease like it should (assuming that the pill is working only a 60% because is old) and in the long run,  leaving GERD untreated can lead to esophageal cancer. Im NOT a doctor obviously, but Im My Momma caretaker and fully understand the risks.

I mean, would you take the risk?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

To sell them on eBay violates eBay policy in addition to it being illegal.  Based on being married to a hospital pharmacist for nearly 50 years, I'm willing to say that one should never take or administer outdated meds.

Don't forget to dispose of any outdated meds properly.  Don't just dump them down the drain or flush them.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I figured the same about maybe Is only me sending this report and that it was not going to go anywhere
but I never Know If someone else is backing me up with me knowing, Lets Hope right,,-Thanks for your reply! Stay Safe
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yes Ma'am You are absolutely right! Thank a lot for the reply & you stay healthy. 😉
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I would never buy any medicine on eBay, expired or unexpired. For a child, outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I would contact the Health Department in the city/county of the seller. Give them the listing numbers and have them make a purchase and then go bust the seller. The Health Department can follow up or at least report to FDA or State officials. I'm a retired nurse and worked at blood center and I was constantly being audited by FDA and all types of other organizations.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yes.

2016? No.

6 weeks? Yes.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply