cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay AKA Scamway

I’ve been a seller on EBay for many years and always had 100% feedback.  Up until a few years ago, EBay VALUED their SELLERS and recognized that without them, there would be NO EBAY!   I’ve been in sales all my life so I broke my neck to make my customers happy.  If there was an issue with a buyer, CUSTOMER SERVICE would step in in help resolve it.

Im sure all of you have experienced the unprofessionalism and horrendous changes EBay has made to make selling here a nightmare.  I use to have fun AND MAKE A PROFIT.   Who is running this Circus?  I mean the fact that a buyer can flat out LIE about an item they have received-get their MONEY REFUNDED  plus LEAVE BAD FEEDBACK and you get….the runaround.  I even started making videos of myself packing the purchases (shipping label and all) and putting in mailbox!  It didn’t make a difference.   They will NOT REMOVE YOUR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK but THANK YOU for being a LOYAL  EBAYER??!!  Foh!!  Learn the definition of LOYALTY!   Besides all of this **bleep** I had listings removed for no reason, and I am no longer making sales.  I wish you all luck here.  I’m hoping someone with some brains and sales experience can come up with another site and PUT EBAY TO BED!!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: EBay AKA Scamway

Ok, let's bypass all that.

The buyer sees a picture, and we all know that's what the buyer is buying-what is pictured.  You sent them something other than what was pictured and they were unhappy.   OK, I can see that, why call it and show what is not what it is?

The rest is just rhetoric.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Did you message the buyer that, if it's the wrong item, you'd be glad to refund upon receipt of their return? Or just refund without requiring a refund.

You're right -- videos don't make a difference. I can video myself putting something in a box, then turn off the video and remove it.  I can video myself putting a package in the mailbox, but how do we know it's the correct package and how do we know it's not empty?

Sorry for your upsetness, however. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

This is over that feedback months ago? 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

" I’ve been in sales all my life so I broke my neck to make my customers happy. " So in all those years you NEVER had an unhappy customer? Why would eBay need to believe you over the buyer? Just because? And you should know that buyers are not always happy with how things smell and not all of the same products smell the same. Chill

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I, for one, will miss those $9, 4-oz packages of gummy Valentine's Day candy. When was Valentine's Day again?

The only thing I can't quite pin down is the shipping cost, since the listing says shipping to my location is $3, but the description says, "Free shipping!!" That might end up causing some neck breaking to make customers happy . . .

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@robin1067 wrote:

... I’ve been in sales all my life...

If you've been in sales all your life, you know that the occasional transaction goes wrong.  Maybe it's the seller's fault, maybe it's the buyer's fault, maybe it's the way the way the planets are aligned in the heavens. 

It doesn't really matter, because if you've been in sales all your life you also know that the even if the customer is not always right, the customer is always treated  as though s/he were right. Your reply to the neg does not look like that of a professional sales person, who understands that principle.

If you've been in sales all your life, you know cannot deal with the public without having to deal with the occasional unhappy, unintelligent, or unreasonable person.   You refund or replace, smile, hope you don't see them again, and move on.  It's frustrating, but it's expected.  It's normal.

Without sellers there would be no eBay, you say, and that is true.  But without buyers there would be no eBay, either.  Chicken.  Egg. 

=

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

You lost me at "Up until a few years ago, EBay VALUED their SELLERS".

Ebay hasn't valued sellers since 2008 when an arrogant CEO by the name of John Donahoe took the helm and told ebays sellers that they were just "noise".

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Can’t even make this stuff up SMH- the buyer has mental issues OR Really bad cataracts…..Unfortunately We have ALL had these buyers but as they say  - Karma…..You know the rest

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Exactly, It’s impossible to please everyone but when they say you sent the wrong item and leave bad feedback..I guess you’ve been lucky without getting scammed here.  That’s terrific…

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

O.P. wrote: Who is running this Circus?

Initials G.S. is what comes to my mind...Born in Budapest...that's my guess and I'm not joking or making light of the question, either.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I am definitely with you and your sentiments about this place. Ever since the corporate takeover, it's been downhill.

The tacky, connected MBAs keep trying to turn eBay into something it isn't. I really hope someone does take Ebay's business model and implement it, as eBay is not interested in doing so. 

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

I find calling buyers names and posting unprofessional replies to negatives a real confidence builder in that business. I’d definitely be a repeat buyer forever… j/k.

Next time I’d try: So sorry you are not happy, please return for refund.

The rant on your feedback page over what amounts to a $20 transaction wasn’t worth it, nor will it improve if this happens again.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

How is that a scam?

Did she return a fake item and you were forced to refund?

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Ebay AKA "scambay" would have sounded better than "scamway"

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 15 of 25
latest reply